• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gone and got myself an interview with DB Tyne & Wear Metro!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy h

It's a write off, four days after some of you guys have heard and still nothing from the Morecambe postman!! Fingers crossed for the TPE job....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sammy h

Spoke to them and they advised that if nothing is heard by the end of February you have been unsuccessful. Presumably if they don't get enough candidate who pass the tests this week they will contact the next best interviewees and invite them for tests...

CGS

Spoke to them and they advised that if nothing is heard by the end of February you have been unsuccessful. Presumably if they don't get enough candidate who pass the tests this week they will contact the next best interviewees and invite them for tests...

I know there are tests on the 13th as well so would probably be middle of the month if they were going to do extra tests. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I missed out by a point so hopefully would have a chance of getting one - not holding my breath though!

harrysno1dad

I know there are tests on the 13th as well so would probably be middle of the month if they were going to do extra tests. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I missed out by a point so hopefully would have a chance of getting one - not holding my breath though!

Oh did this come from the HR dept? if so what did they tell you? I have held of from phoning them but the temptation is killing me, I so know i messed up my interview

CGS

Oh did this come from the HR dept? if so what did they tell you? I have held of from phoning them but the temptation is killing me, I so know i messed up my interview

I know someone who works there and they checked for me. I've just accepted that I've missed out and if they don't get enough passes and I get a call or letter then happy days but I don't expect it TBH.

MrHappy

I was told this by HR at the interview stage. Depending on how many pass or fail at doncaster throughout the month you could still get the letter through your door up until the end of February. Good luck all :D

Established Member
Apparently the letters are going out this week for those who have passed the assessments.

Sammy h

Totally forgot about this, they did say by the end of February so there could still be a glimmer of hope...

GNER 373

The last tests were on the 13th. Once all of the results are back from the test centre they are added with the interview scores and the successful applicants contacted. The first school of 6 should start training around April time with the others 'banked' until further notice. Don't ask how I know that, just know that I know! ;)

Established Member
The ones who started around November. IIRC they are due to finish in early March.

harrysno1dad

I phoned up for some feedback, and isn't it always the way, the answers i thought i'd done well on I flunked, the ones i thought i'd flunked i did good on.

Good on H&S, Compliance and unplanned events.

Very poor on CS question - didn't give an example, I though i answered this very well.

Flexibility - didn't give details again thought i'd made a good effort at this, showing how i am totally flexible in my current role (need to be to meet SLA's)

and aptitude to do the role, again didn't give example.

Oh well there is always next time at least i have the benfit of the interview to draw on.

Hopefully I'll pass the visual test for northern and get an interview and they'll love me..........here's hoping.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Got the job guys, start 8th April!

congrats by the way, i had missed this post

GNER 373

Thanks mate!

And just keep going mate! You sound as though your pretty determined and that's something that's never let me down!

Good luck to you

Whistler

Any idea what the Train Managers and HR meeting consists of? I have an interview soon

Established Member
142094 - I assume you mean an intake from the lucky little blighters who got through last the assessment process last time.

One day!! :)

Sorry just seen this, yes will be the next 8. However, due to the number of drivers retiring and other factors, I wouldn't be surprised if there is another intake next year.
Any idea what the Train Managers and HR meeting consists of? I have an interview soon

I take this is the interview with the Train Driver Manager? As far as I know it is just a short meeting to see if you are still interested in the job and available for September. Not sure if it guarantees a job though. When is your interview?

Sammy h

I presume this will only be opened to the unsuccessful candidates who passed the driver tests, but did not get a job during the last intake?

Established Member
I presume this will only be opened to the unsuccessful candidates who passed the driver tests, but did not get a job during the last intake?

Probably those who were put into the holding pool. Depends on how many of them want the job.
Looks like those interviews were for the new eight starting in September, if they all accept. Looking at it logically, they will be starting to pass out around January, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a further intake at the end of this year. Quite a few will be retiring/part retiring next year.

Whistler

Attended the Managers meeting and it was as stated just to confirm interest and fitness. Got my contract through the post this morning to start in September. Happy days.

The letter I recieved after the Doncaster assessments said I had been unsuccesful but my details would be kept on file. Dont give up hope and write off the prospect of the job just yet for those still waiting. I got a phone call 5 weeks ago out of the blue asking if I was still interested in the job and things have rolled on from there.

harrysno1dad

Good job whistler, glad you got it. Lucky thing.

Keep us updated as and when there are new roles available. I need a driver job!!! :)

Established Member
There are two internals and the rest from outside. Still quite a few drivers looking to retire/go on partial retirement next year so should be further intakes.

GNER 373

Attended the Managers meeting and it was as stated just to confirm interest and fitness. Got my contract through the post this morning to start in September. Happy days.

The letter I recieved after the Doncaster assessments said I had been unsuccesful but my details would be kept on file. Dont give up hope and write off the prospect of the job just yet for those still waiting. I got a phone call 5 weeks ago out of the blue asking if I was still interested in the job and things have rolled on from there.

Well done whistler!

I was one of the lucky first 8 to go through, it's already our final day of 'classroom' training tomorrow. You're in for a great time if you listen, learn and want the job. Ill more than likely see you around Metro once you start good luck and enjoy!

Whistler

Thanks GNER

How did you find the training, did you manage to pass the tests at the 120 hour point?

Hope to see you about. Am looking forward to 9th Sept already

Status
Not open for further replies.