• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gone and got myself an interview with DB Tyne & Wear Metro!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sammy h

I had an e-mail off them saying the same. Early 2014 they will be recruiting again. Not much about lately so hope it is true....

CGS

I had an e-mail off them saying the same. Early 2014 they will be recruiting again. Not much about lately so hope it is true....

They've got a list of people who passed the tests earlier this year mate - wont be any jobs readvertised next year apparently.

Whistler

Thing with the list is that some people that passed the assessments have moved on and no longer want or need the job, so there is still hope. 16 of this years list are already trained or in training at the moment.

CGS

Thing with the list is that some people that passed the assessments have moved on and no longer want or need the job, so there is still hope. 16 of this years list are already trained or in training at the moment.

I'm sure a few will have moved onto other things definitely but as about 40 passed in Jan/Feb I can't see anything happening anytime soon - hope I'm wrong mind!

Sammy h

Not seen any recruitment for it, unless they just asked the candidates from the last one in May? Or maybe internal only.

CGS

Not seen any recruitment for it, unless they just asked the candidates from the last one in May? Or maybe internal only.

Will be from the 40 odd who passed last year. I have heard that they may be recruiting again in the not too distant future - fingers crossed!

Established Member
Couple of drivers have left recently and there is going to be a few more going in the next few weeks. In the next couple of years there is going to be a good few more retiring, so no doubt this will mean more vacancies possibly at the end of the year or the beginning of next year. Plus this doesn't include those who are looking to go across to other companies.

harrysno1dad

They've got a list of people who passed the tests earlier this year mate - wont be any jobs readvertised next year apparently.

Did they have a recruitment drive this year?

Damn how'd i miss that? i've seen nothing since i started this thread.

CGS

Did they have a recruitment drive this year?

Damn how'd i miss that? i've seen nothing since i started this thread.

No mate - that quotes from last year so it was relating to the tests last April time.

harrysno1dad

No mate - that quotes from last year so it was relating to the tests last April time.

Phew thought i'd been a doughnut.

Had stage 1 of the assessments for FTPE yesterday so hopefully all will pan out ok with that.

*************************************************************************************************

Just a thought with the new assessments in place, will they be able to use the talent pool from last year?

Last edited:

harrysno1dad

me also, i know i got the last answer for the 1st part of TEA-OCC wrong, i mmmm'd and arrrrge d over 2 answers and wish i'd gone for the other, apart from that i think i did ok.

My thoughts are even if i don't get the ftpe job (which is more then likely) IF I get a good pass mark on the tests it has got to put me in a good position for future applications.

Last edited:

Whistler

Good luck to you both. The 8 starters in May are from the last recruitment pool. Their assessments stand at present as the new tests came in after they passed. Their pass is live for 2-5 years depending on which TOC they apply to for jobs

CGS

Good luck to you both. The 8 starters in May are from the last recruitment pool. Their assessments stand at present as the new tests came in after they passed. Their pass is live for 2-5 years depending on which TOC they apply to for jobs

Cheers. My mate is waiting to get a start date for the Metro - he passed the tests last April.

Nick82

Can anyone confirm that the assessment tests for Tyne & Wear metro and DB Schenker are the same tests or not, I have failed the driver assessment within the last 6 months as messed up on last test, human error, that's what you get going ill. Anyway will this go against me applying for the Tyne & Wear metro if a vacancy becomes available
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Does the Tyne and Wear metros conduct SJE and MMI either down doncaster or at all. What interviews do Nexus conduct?

Status
Not open for further replies.