• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia makes further changes to its weekday timetable (from 10th January 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphone76

GA are tweeting that they are passing on all comments plus undertaking train counts I just hope that the loading data from the 720s is more reliable than shown on some of the trains I’ve travelled on. This was on a very lightly loaded 10 car off peak service yesterday but the on train screens were showing it as full! And it’s not the first time i‘ve noticed this. View attachment 109937
The sensors probably haven't recovered from an earlier peak journey when the train was crushed loaded. ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GA are tweeting that they are passing on all comments plus undertaking train counts I just hope that the loading data from the 720s is more reliable than shown on some of the trains I’ve travelled on. This was on a very lightly loaded 10 car off peak service yesterday but the on train screens were showing it as full! And it’s not the first time i‘ve noticed this. View attachment 109937
Interestingly, I've only seen an entire train be marked as full or empty. There doesn't seem to be any inbetween.

In addition, on a 10 coach I once saw one set marked as full and the other as empty.

It seems to be completely random - a rammed train is "empty" but a completely empty carriage is "full".

Alfie1014

Some more minor changes from Monday;

The 06:56 Southminster to Wickford becomes a through train to Liverpool St.
There is an additional 06:32 Clacton to Liverpool Street formed of 12 x 321.
The 07:20 Harwich Int is strengthened to be 12 x 321.

So that gives an additional 16 cars of capacity on the GEML in the morning peak plus whatever the Southminster is (5 x 720?), that should help.

No additional trains in the evening peak though but with the extra morning units perhaps the 17:36, 17:43, 18:02 and 18:16 could be strengthened as they are all 5 x 720 or 8 x 321.

mtmikethom

Some more minor changes from Monday;

The 06:56 Southminster to Wickford becomes a through train to Liverpool St.
There is an additional 06:32 Clacton to Liverpool Street formed of 12 x 321.
The 07:20 Harwich Int is strengthened to be 12 x 321.

So that gives an additional 16 cars of capacity on the GEML in the morning peak plus whatever the Southminster is (5 x 720?), that should help.

No additional trains in the evening peak though but with the extra morning units perhaps the 17:36, 17:43, 18:02 and 18:16 could be strengthened as they are all 5 x 720 or 8 x 321.
They have more than once they are using all the available stock so where do 5 extra 4 car units come from? (Not including the Southminster service) Perhaps they are sticking a single newly available 720 on services that this week have had 2 x 321!

Alfie1014

They have more than once they are using all the available stock so where do 5 extra 4 car units come from? (Not including the Southminster service) Perhaps they are sticking a single newly available 720 on services that this week have had 2 x 321!are quite clearly saying on their website that these will be providing extra capacity
They are quite clearly saying on their website that these will be providing extra capacity so where the units come from on Monday morning will be interesting so see, 379s back on WA!?

dk1

Veteran Member
They are quite clearly saying on their website that these will be providing extra capacity so where the units come from on Monday morning will be interesting so see, 379s back on WA!?
As 720s are accepted strengthening will happen. As for 379s…

richiejv

GA have been saying for a couple weeks now that they aren’t able to run 10 or 12 coach trains on all peak services as they are using all available stock - the short-form issues have been exacerbated today due to the storm. On this basis would it be fair to say that the full service won’t be returning anytime soon?

Couldn’t get on one train at Billericay this morning as it was full and almost couldn’t get on the next - a few dozen other people had the same issue. Today’s 17:33 LST-SOV left a lot of people behind at Stratford. Hopefully this will be sorted soon, it can’t go on much longer now people are back at work.

Julian G

Established Member
GA have been saying for a couple weeks now that they aren’t able to run 10 or 12 coach trains on all peak services as they are using all available stock - the short-form issues have been exacerbated today due to the storm. On this basis would it be fair to say that the full service won’t be returning anytime soon?

Couldn’t get on one train at Billericay this morning as it was full and almost couldn’t get on the next - a few dozen other people had the same issue. Today’s 17:33 LST-SOV left a lot of people behind at Stratford. Hopefully this will be sorted soon, it can’t go on much longer now people are back at work.
The 17:36 Liverpool St-Colchester Town was formed of 12 car 321s this evening.

I had a short trip on what was the 07:07 Norwich - Liverpool Street this morning and that was well loaded even before Ipswich. Hopefully it won’t be long before the 06:48 from Norwich is reinstated.

dk1

Veteran Member
I had a short trip on what was the 07:07 Norwich - Liverpool Street this morning and that was well loaded even before Ipswich. Hopefully it won’t be long before the 06:48 from Norwich is reinstated.
We've got a new 07:26 now too but its taking a while to pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.