• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR/ThamesLink Shunter Driver (0538) Three Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quin79

Nice! Looking at the Trainee Driver thread for GTR they have been receiving emails that they’ll get info on assessments end of August.

I’m guessing you been fast tracked. I was hoping the same for me as all I would have to do is MMI & DFFT.
I had an email today informing will be contacted imminently for interview next week

Applepie356

Does anyone know what the DFFT is like? In terms of difficulty and content? There doesn’t seem to be any practice material for it.

DA1

Does anyone know what the DFFT is like? In terms of difficulty and content? There doesn’t seem to be any practice material for it.

You do have to concentrate and find your own method of completing it in the most efficient way possible. I found that the practice materials are pretty helpful. Most people hated the DFFT but I weirdly quite enjoyed it.

Good luck.

Railway123321

Does anyone know if these positions are solely for a talent pool or if there's scheduled courses? :) Also, I'm somewhat confused by the job requirements. Do you need to be PTS trained prior to starting the role to be considered? I was under the impression that this is a trainee position. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Bucephalus

Does anyone know if these positions are solely for a talent pool or if there's scheduled courses? :) Also, I'm somewhat confused by the job requirements. Do you need to be PTS trained prior to starting the role to be considered? I was under the impression that this is a trainee position. Thanks for your help!

I don't have PTS but still got past the paper sift, so presumably you don't need it. The job ad stipulated that positions were for the future so I would almost certainly expect it to be a talent pool

Applepie356

I don't have PTS but still got past the paper sift, so presumably you don't need it. The job ad stipulated that positions were for the future so I would almost certainly expect it to be a talent pool

An email I received regarding recruitment mentioned the intake was on 21st September.

Applepie356

You do have to concentrate and find your own method of completing it in the most efficient way possible. I found that the practice materials are pretty helpful. Most people hated the DFFT but I weirdly quite enjoyed it.

Good luck.

Thanks, managed to pass it. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Only completed ~10 questions and passed.

One thing to note was that I never got the practice material for DFFT.

Stigy

Established Member
Thanks, managed to pass it. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Only completed ~10 questions and passed.

One thing to note was that I never got the practice material for DFFT.
I completed 8.5 questions on the DFFT and passed...,I was confident they were all correct, as I’d imagine at that level it would only take one incorrect answer. I found the DFFT the hardest by far, but once you get your head around it it’s not too bad. It’s probably the main one where practice material and gaining an understanding of what is expected is most useful.

Applepie356

I completed 8.5 questions on the DFFT and passed...,I was confident they were all correct, as I’d imagine at that level it would only take one incorrect answer. I found the DFFT the hardest by far, but once you get your head around it it’s not too bad. It’s probably the main one where practice material and gaining an understanding of what is expected is most useful.

I found it similar to the dials test, as in that if you manage to understand the instructions 100% then you should be fine, I don’t think it tests innate skills like the GB & TEA-OCC do.

snakeydave24

Who else got an invite for some online assessments to then later get another email saying it was sent out by mistake, way to get my hopes up for nothing

3436mill

Did they say you was unsuccessful? the last communication i had was this morning about ISV error.
Yeah I had an interview today and they sent an email out about 4. One of the guys was rude. I think they already knew they didn’t want me before it started.

Applepie356

Yeah I had an interview today and they sent an email out about 4. One of the guys was rude. I think they already knew they didn’t want me before it started.

Got the same. One of them seemed very disinterested throughout the interview, which was very off-putting.

I honestly had the feeling that they didn’t want me before it started as well. Which was again, very off putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.