• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver - Cambridge & Welwyn Garden City (12/01/24)

hull015

I had my assessment on 07/02, and we were told that the results should be with us in 7 days- but they could be a few days later than that. We were also told that they would let us know either way if we passed or failed.
I found out on the Monday after the assessment, but it could just be they are busy etc so taking longer to get through the marking/responses.
It’s not a no until it’s a no.
Thank you the response ans update. Were you notified by email or on the portal? When is your DMI?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hull015

No problem. I got emails through the let me know, but the emails were also on the portal.
I have my DMI on Tuesday o_O
Well congratulations for getting through the assessment and good luck for the DMI.

Well congratulations for getting through the assessment and good luck for the DMI.
Funnily enough I have just recieved the email to say I Passed. Breathe a huge sigh of relief now lol

Last edited:

Termak

@Branston @hull015 Is this for Cambridge or Welwyn? Just trying to see if my fellow Welyn applicants have received anything, I’m waiting for DMI date, all my OPC tesults from previous applications were good enough so I didn’t have to sit any.

Branston

Funnily enough I have just recieved the email to say I Passed. Breathe a huge sigh of relief now lol
Well done :D you can relax a little now :lol:

@Branston @hull015 Is this for Cambridge or Welwyn? Just trying to see if my fellow Welyn applicants have received anything, I’m waiting for DMI date, all my OPC tesults from previous applications were good enough so I didn’t have to sit any.
Mine is for Cambridge.
I did receive an email on the day of my assessment to say I wasn’t successful with my Welwyn application.

Finn88

I've not heard back from either, positive or negative. Applied on the 14th and 20th Jan, and did the situational judgment tests.

When I applied there was about 100 applicants through LinkedIn alone though.

hull015

By all accounts I think there recruiting for a few in cambridge so fingers crossed you hear something soon

Termak

Considering what I’ve been reading in another GTR thread, where others have been waiting for course dates for more than 2 years, I may have to accept an offer for depot driving that’s around the corner. Just wondering how it would look, if I was to get an offer from GTR, then accept after a few months of starting as a depot driver somewhere else. I’m only left with DMI, got my MMI already.

Last edited:

Peg-leg

Has anyone been to the assessment center for GTR and could let me know what test you sat and in what order for the Cambridge position?

hull015

Has anyone been to the assessment center for GTR and could let me know what test you sat and in what order for the Cambridge position?
Yes I did on 14th. It is the same order as in the booklet. When is your assessment? and good luck.

Bristol VRIII

Heard back yesterday booked assessment 27th deciding whether to book hotel nearly 2 hr train journey for me

Branston

Heard back yesterday booked assessment 27th deciding whether to book hotel nearly 2 hr train journey for me
Nice one :smile:
Do what will make you feel more comfortable. Mine was a 90min train ride to get the Croydon and I trained down in the morning making sure I was there around 90mins early to allow for delays , but if you are in a position to get yourself a room and will
feel more relaxed at a hotel then go
with that 8-)

JWS

as with any of these positions sounds very competitive. Good luck to everyone in for Cambs. A course in April is a fast turn around considering they opened recruitment not long ago!
I heard 20spaces but 6 are for transferees.

ANorm

I just heard back from Welwyn inviting me for a mini scatt.

I had the same from Cambridge application but I must of failed the mini scaat for trying to go to quick.

So now I'm going to sit the mini scaat again for Welwyn.

I assume it will flag up that's it's not been over 6 months since my last one ?

Hopefully it does not !