• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver - Cambridge & Welwyn Garden City (12/01/24)

Tysoe

Been progressed for Welwyn but declined for Cambridge
Maybe they had more applicants for Cambridge. I am slightly closer to Welwyn too

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whoosh

Established Member
MTR Elizabeth Line took in a number of trainees every month for a depot. But they would split that trainees up. T h o se w ho got trained on the E a st would be t r aine d straight away, but those who got trained on the West would have to wait until a DI became available. They had Trainees waiting for months for a DI while drivers who'd joined the same depot after them were trained straight away. The payrise was on qualification, so they had trainees waiting in messrooms for a DI while drivers at their depot who'd joined after them got qualified and put on full money. Seems outrageous and really unfair.
That is unfair. On Thameslink/Great Northern there was (not sure if it's still the case), a point at which a Trainee should be passed out. If it was later than that, and it wasn't an issue with the trainee that caused the delay, then backpay was due for full rate.

PK96

I haven't heard back.. at all! Since my application I'm yet to receive an email from GTR!

PK96

Anyone have an email of someone from GTR which I can contact in regards to the application?

Thanks in advance

ChuChuMalone

I did my Assessment Day on the 4th. Not heard anything yet, hoping no news is good news.
What did your assessment day entail?

Also if I've got an email inviting to assessment day will that mean they'll definitely be inviting for an assessment day?

Ta in advance!

JWS

a friend of mine, did has his psychometric tests last month, and has progressed fairly quickly, he did his DMI a couple of weeks later and has MMI today.