• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

DM92

When did they last say you were in the talent pool as your results would have lapsed now anyway.
I assume you've got another position by now?
was told couple months ago i was still in talent pool and there are no courses at three bridges yet. Nope, no other position

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class2ldn

Well a load of the shunters are starting their driver training in jan and we've had quite a few trainees start at three bridges in the last 5 years.
Its now over subscribed for the next few years so I'd be chasing them up to see if you could get on a course at Brighton.
You've got no chance for three bridges now unfortunately.

joshuan542

I would assume it is a talent pool as people are still in the pool from the last recruitment drive
Sadly alot of the talent pool get forgotten about, its common across tocs, some get a place quickly, others will wait many years and never hear back.. I know many internally who are even still sat in the pool approaching anywhere between 2-5 years respectively

Emmsie

Sadly alot of the talent pool get forgotten about, its common across tocs, some get a place quickly, others will wait many years and never hear back.. I know many internally who are even still sat in the pool approaching anywhere between 2-5 years respectively
Out of interest is there a common theme to those left in the talent pool.

It is a very strange set up the pool system. I was under the impression it would have been a first come first serve type basis for each depot.

I'm just basing my view that this one will be a talent pool as well, as the last couple haven't stated anything about a talent pool but everyone I know that had gone and passed it have also been placed in the pool.

Stigy

Established Member
It is a very strange set up the pool system. I was under the impression it would have been a first come first serve type basis for each depot.

I'm just basing my view that this one will be a talent pool as well, as the last couple haven't stated anything about a talent pool but everyone I know that had gone and passed it have also been placed in the pool.
Different TOC/FOCs have their own way of doing things, but I’d imagine it’s mostly to do with how well you scored at interview as to what position you find yourself in.

UnknownG

Took this screen shot via LinkedIn on a page called young rail professionals

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210102-143145_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20210102-143145_LinkedIn.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 159

Stigy

Established Member
Took this screen shot via LinkedIn on a page called young rail professionals
It may be out of date before it was even posted. If you click on any of the links is there an actual application process or does it say it’s closed/doesn’t exist?

387star

On Moderation
Doea anyone know the work a bottom link new entrant driver does at Barnham? A GWR driver is thinking ofa move

Nabil

I applied to Southern and Thameslink. Got unsuccessful email from Southern weeks ago but got my online assessment today from thameslink. So don't loose hope if you have been unsuccessful for one. Anyone know what types of online tests are those?

Diesel1985

I applied to Southern and Thameslink. Got unsuccessful email from Southern weeks ago but got my online assessment today from thameslink. So don't loose hope if you have been unsuccessful for one. Anyone know what types of online tests are those?
Where abouts do you live? If you gave the same answers for both sets of questions, maybe Southern turned you down based on your location?

Bn98

anyone had the unsuccessful email from TL yet? Both quiet so far for me which I'm taking as a positive ish thing!