• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Talent Pool Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

genziu8181

Hi. I haven't been here for a while as I have started my training 2 months ago with offer coming in 4.5years after application(pool over 3.5years). SW region groups started this year all applied in april 2019. There was huge backlog due to covid. As far as I am aware people who did apply later on(2020) got offered depot roles and apparently it is a plan for a future. First depot and than after 2 years mainline. Also internally they advertise only depot roles. I'm not sure how it will look like in the future

BoTheRigger

Has anyone else received a call from GWR about a course starting at the end of April? I had my medical last Monday (4th) and am just waiting for a formal offer. Really keen to hand my notice in but don't want to jinx it before I get the final nod!

LKS

Has anyone else received a call from GWR about a course starting at the end of April? I had my medical last Monday (4th) and am just waiting for a formal offer. Really keen to hand my notice in but don't want to jinx it before I get the final nod!

Huge congratulations!

Which depot is that for?

genziu8181

Thank You.

Its been quite a long wait! About 4.5 years. It's for Bristol Temple Meads.
I waited myself 4 years before starting last week. Did you have interview via zoom or face to face? Because if via zoom please email HR as they will not issue contract for you until they will take a copy of your right to work. I did get caught on that, week later no formal offer and after emailing hr I needed to go to meet manager with my documents

Jacob Didcote

Thought the maximum time in the Pool was 2 years? Due to assessments running out?! Or have you been waiting 4 years to get onto the railway?

Well done nonetheless!

Class2ldn

Its company specific, industry standard is 5 years but each company has its own rules

BoTheRigger

I’ll stay hopeful then! Exams completed in May 2021 then moved from Gloucester to Cardiff talent pool in June 2022
Yeah, sit tight. I was in the Gloucester pool for about 4 years. I was only moved to Bristol pool after gently hassling recruitment to see if there was a pool with a bit more movement. It paid off. Start date confirmed 29th April. Cant quite believe it.