• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST coach disposals

On Moderation
I've never actually seen a Wi-Fi antennae on a train yet - got any examples of what they look like?
This photo gives a good idea: they’re the pods on the roof above the van area.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FirstclassHST

I'll be interested to hear how you get on at Booths. I suspect that the eBay seller I linked to earlier with LNER seats may get 'first dibs' but maybe wrong - fingers crossed for you!
Those GWR Primarius leather seats were lovely looking things and I personally found them very comfortable. It's a shame they were fitted so late in life to GWR HSTs.

I got into contact with CFBOOTH so far and they said they didn’t get any GWR train seats or carriages yet? Any help guys?

FirstclassHST

Last edited:

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Can someone kindly explain how to use these carriage numbers? Do you guys track them ? Someone please explain I’m new :)
Observations, or railway employee insider access to train running info.
There’s no public tracking system as such, and no predictable disposal programme.

On Moderation
Thank you!

Anyone have any new recent updates on any first class MK3s going to scrapyards?
Not been any moves this week that I know of and in any case there are very few first class vehicles left for disposal.

57Tonic

Yeah I get you when you do get information please feel free to share some :)
By my lists there only about 10 First Class vehicles left now some with East Midlands and all ex LNER, and about two dozen Mk4's in store at Worksop but Mk4's tend to go to Sim's Hull.

warwickshire

On Moderation
By my lists there only about 10 First Class vehicles left now some with East Midlands and all ex LNER, and about two dozen Mk4's in store at Worksop but Mk4's tend to go to Sim's Hull.
How many lner vehicles is this in total approximately.
Also lner vehicles is this 24 vehicles or around 24 sets off mk4 vehicles.
Thank you

On Moderation
Ooops! I mist the 6 TF's and the ex LNER TRFB's stored at Ely &
There's also one TF (41126) owned by ScotRail at Dundee. I think it's the last ex-GWR TF awaiting disposal?

On Moderation
Do you know how I could reach it? As in obtain the seats etc???

We need to get these seats!! :)

Would it be EMR Dundee?
Previous ScotRail moves have gone to Booth's in Rotherham. No guarantee that it will go - as the last GWR spec TF it may be waiting on a decision by ScotRail on a replacement for HA22.

You seem somewhat desperate? With the greatest of respect you've come to it far too late - these disposals have been going on for well over 12 months.

ChilternTurbo

We need to get these seats!! :)
What did Booths say when you enquired as to the ex GWR/Scotrail Mk.3s? You might be better off setting up an alert on eBay to see if any get listed that may have been salvaged from now scrapped carriages.
Incidentally, I did manage to obtain a Primarius GWR first class headrest as a souvenir (useless but I like it!) It's a pretty bulky/heavy item on it's own and I can imagine that an entire seat would weigh a lot.

FirstclassHST

Previous ScotRail moves have gone to Booth's in Rotherham. No guarantee that it will go - as the last GWR spec TF it may be waiting on a decision by ScotRail on a replacement for HA22.

You seem somewhat desperate? With the greatest of respect you've come to it far too late - these disposals have been going on for well over 12 months.
Yeah I was thinking of getting into it in early December unfortunately when the right time came my family got struck with covid and I lost a very close family member due to that , that’s why I’m trying to see if I can catch up or atleast get somewhat near my aim

What did Booths say when you enquired as to the ex GWR/Scotrail Mk.3s? You might be better off setting up an alert on eBay to see if any get listed that may have been salvaged from now scrapped carriages.
Incidentally, I did manage to obtain a Primarius GWR first class headrest as a souvenir (useless but I like it!) It's a pretty bulky/heavy item on it's own and I can imagine that an entire seat would weigh a lot.
They said that the carriage was stripped before getting scrapped :( that’s not a bad idea never thought about that ;)

Hey guys,

would anyone be able to update me on the movement of carriage number 41126 as it is destined for booths eventually:)

many thanks
FirstclassHST

Last edited:

FirstclassHST

Hey guys , Just wanted to come on here and ask if there would be any Scotrail 1st class MK3s going for disposals in the coming months?
Many thanks
FirstclassHST

ChilternTurbo

A double set of GWR first class Primrius seats on eBay:

These are from an ex ScotRail Mk.3 by look of the blue unbranded headrest...