• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Introductions

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hello there i'm 37718 i've just joined the forum
I come from berwick-upon-tweed and have been into railways all my life
my favourite locos are 37s 60s deltics and for steam A4s
but i would say i'm more into diesels than steam:D

Bittern

Established Member
Hey there,

I've been trying to sign up here for a few days, but kept getting problems with the image verification thing. Well, I'm here now so, yeah.

I don't know much about stuff like consists (if that's even how you spell it) or the different types of HSTs. But I can name classes of trains and most operators. Maybe I'll learn more over time. Who knows?

My favorite type of train are DMUs. 170s, 158s and even 156s (considering that's all the DMUs that run here).

So, yeah!

Last edited:

hi im martin from bristol and i am 13 i have had an account here for 2 monthes but it is only the second post i like steams trains but also mainline
likes 143, 390 and 180
hates 142.

RS

Name RS (Well, Initials)
Lives: England
Transport Interests: Trains & Buses
Favourite DMU : All are crap, but 1st Gen ones if I had to pick
Favourite EMU : [cough] Crap [\cough]
Favourite All Time TOC: BR
Favourite Loco: 85004
Least Favourite All Time TOC: Network South East

Geezertronic

Established Member
Morning,

Handle is Geezertronic (long story :D). I live in Birmingham, currently working by Birmingham International. Used to spot trains at Duddeston yard with the old man when I was a kid. Travel by train when I can though (this job excepted) I am usually in the sticks where public transport is miles away.

Can't wait for Birmingham New Street to be revamped, personally they should knock the Bullring down again so they can plan another two lines (at least) into the Southern end of BNS ;)

Some interesting stuff on this forum, looking forward to contributing :D

Established Member
Name: Ian Morris
Lives: Birmingham
Job: Thrash Merchant (Lol i wish) Full-time student
Transport Interests: Anything that Claggs and makes a lot of noise
Something I could not live without: Money
Whats in my wallet: Money and a Spitfire railtour ticket for the Fellsman Chopper
Favorite Food:Anything i can get while on a bash really
Favorite Class of loco: 37

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hi everyone, good to see you on the forums!

Pumbaa

Established Member
Can't wait for Birmingham New Street to be revamped, personally they should knock the Bullring down again so they can plan another two lines (at least) into the Southern end of BNS

Interesting concept - rebuild Birmingham New Street to increase capacity at Barnes...

Ascot

Established Member
Can't wait for Birmingham New Street to be revamped, personally they should knock the Bullring down again so they can plan another two lines (at least) into the Southern end of BNS ;)

Knock down the Bullring again? Good job your not in government :lol:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Isn't another main problem the lack of capacity with the different trains crossing the station? I don't know how many people carry through on the Cross-City, but could they perhaps split it, having trains terminating in the West Dock/12b and then resuming again on some other platform.

MCR247

Established Member
Isn't another main problem the lack of capacity with the different trains crossing the station? I don't know how many people carry through on the Cross-City, but could they perhaps split it, having trains terminating in the West Dock/12b and then resuming again on some other platform.

But because it being a massive station wouldnt that mean having at least 10/15 minutes longfer journey.

Anyway welcome everyone!

Aictos

Established Member
Just like to say I've decided to finally join the forums after lurking as a guest from time to time.

Name: Alex

Live: Peterborough

Employed by: First Capital Connect on the Hertford Line, currently working at the line's namesake station as a station assistant.

Age: For these who don't know me, nearly 25 although I don't look that old.

Some of you might know me from other sites namely Rail Chat, I know there's a few people here who I know indeed one of the members managed to take a not very flattering photo of me accidentally while trying to photograph 377501 (I think) at Brighton earlier this year which had two Southern 377s next to it. - I think that's a big enough clue :lol:

Although I don't mind steam, I'm not crazy for it - I'm more into the class 20s onwards including the modern stuff and yes that does include the 313s as well.

subway156

Greetings from Northeastern U.S.. I stumbled upon this site looking for pictures of tube stock. I am a native New Yorker who loves subways, undergounds, metros and most rail transit. My last trip to Scotland was September, 2007. My wife's family lives in Fife and we rode back and forth to Edinburgh. Very cool ride. Wonderful scenery and nice people. I drive over 100 miles from here to NYC just to ride the subway, and the Long Island RR to see my son who lives two blocks from the station in Bethpage. The LIRR is a just an over-sized subway system outdoors. The cars are so similar, but fancier than our subway cars. Those subway cars are totally boring! London's rolling stock is so much more interesting. I love the green experimental stock from 1986. NY's MTA is locked in to the sterile look, and of course they cry poverty saying that's all they can afford. My wife was born in Hendon and grew up in Romford. She moved to Scotland in the 70's and I met her on the net through a R & R website for the band Free. We'll be married 5 years in June. I hope to learn quite a bit about all systems where ever they are. We are planning a trip to London to see family in the next 2 years. It won't be that long, time flies when you're having fun! woo woo

I never knew this thread existed! Mind you, I've only been registered on this forum for about 10 months! I suppose I'll have to say something...

Name: Nick
Lives: South side of Edinburgh
Other handles on other forums: 43006, Starless, Trapper John, Naitch, Darth Florist, John McIntyre, Taff the Trapper, Melloman
Job: Electronic Engineer, but badly placed - I work in a hospital
Interests: Railways - timetables, routes, old lines - I'm WAY past spotting!), Buses (something I'm NOT sorry about), Prog Rock music with Mellotron, Sex(!), Full English breakfasts, anything that makes idiots of the establishment ('Have I got News for you', 'Drop the Dead Donkey', etc)
Something I could not live without: 21% Oxygen
Whats in my wallet: £100 (I've just been to an ATM!), small load of used stamps (I collect stamps for Cancer Research - or I did before they stopped taking them, the s#ds!), receipts for my bus-pass, about 8 used Paris Metro tickets (which have been there since May last year!), train tickets between York and Edinburgh (for passing onto my nephew in Penicuik, who collects them), a Nectar card (which I've only used once since April 2004), an NHS info card, an expired Virgin Gift Card, my current Debit Card (that's where the £100 came from) and an expired credit card that stops other cards from cracking.

Any questions?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hello.

I was on the Retro Avon Grid tour a couple of weeks ago and got talking to another group at Bath. One of them (Gizy I think they were called) suggested joining a forum, took me a while to find, but I think I'm in the right place :)

Anyway, I'm Tom. Originally from Scotland but I now live in Yorkshire working for Northern in various roles, currently I work in the delay attribution department which is good fun :lol:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

I don't know who you met as I wasn't there, but a good few forum members were on the tour, including the organiser!

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Name: Chris
Lives: Liverpool
Other handles on other forums: None
Job: Full time student, hoping to go into primary education
Interests: Trains (not spotting or photographing, just travelling on them) Jazz piano, Refereeing (hence the name)
Something I could not live without: The girlfriend (aww!), My mobile
Whats in my wallet: £145 (I get paid cash in hand for refereeing), 2 ATM cards, my Wigan Athletic Season Ticket (yes, I'm seeing a doctor), NUS card, Addresses of 'Giraffe' restaurants in the UK (not been? try it!)