• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Newcastle (09/02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuM

I've just had an email...

Regarding your application for the role of Apprentice Driver (Newcastle), reference 1862

Thank you for completing your video interview. At this time we have some courses for locations across the route scheduled for the next few months. Our Newcastle Depot dates intake had been moved further back in the year, so whilst we are steadily working our way through your video interviews - contact regarding next steps will not be immediate for this depot. We will be in touch (mid year) with an update on the progress for Newcastle.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daveym19

I've just had an email...

Regarding your application for the role of Apprentice Driver (Newcastle), reference 1862

Thank you for completing your video interview. At this time we have some courses for locations across the route scheduled for the next few months. Our Newcastle Depot dates intake had been moved further back in the year, so whilst we are steadily working our way through your video interviews - contact regarding next steps will not be immediate for this depot. We will be in touch (mid year) with an update on the progress for Newcastle.
Yeah jst got the same. Longer waiting game now

Trainman88

From someone who has applied 5 times over the last 3 years with multiple failures and rejections i know first hand what it is like. Please just be patient and take one step at a time, prepare as much as possible for each stage. There are literally thousands of threads which talk about every step so get stuck into them. The main thing is to just get on with life until you receive the good news for each stage. If you get the not so good news then ask for feedback and try again next time around. Good luck to everyone who wishes to be a driver for LNER!

H7

I just seem to be banging my head against a wall with LNER. Seems suspicious how they are always recruiting but never have courses.
I’m just going to continue looking elsewhere as something seems fishy to me. Good luck to everyone who has applied though

Trainman88

I just seem to be banging my head against a wall with LNER. Seems suspicious how they are always recruiting but never have courses.
I’m just going to continue looking elsewhere as something seems fishy to me. Good luck to everyone who has applied though
Trying to send you a DM but can’t see how!

TreacleMiller

Nothing suspicious in the slightest, just a big backlog on training after the classroom period.

Theres have been 13 courses in the last couple of years, mine included.

UTB86

Nothing suspicious in the slightest, just a big backlog on training after the classroom period.

Theres have been 13 courses in the last couple of years, mine included.
What does the backlog look like? Any idea about the time from classroom to supervised driving to full qualified?

tlv2019

What does the backlog look like? Any idea about the time from classroom to supervised driving to full qualified?
From what I can gather Newcastle can sometimes be quicker at passing out than the other depots, but this is purely down to the fact that a bulk of the work is London and back whereas Kings Cross and Leeds have a lot of much shorter jobs and as a result it can take longer to build up the required hours. This rule isn’t golden though, there’s all kinds of factors that can affect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.