• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Train Driver - Leeds & Doncaster (09/05/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SarahDee

Congrats! Good to know things are progressing for some, although I preferred it when I thought nobody had heard anything!!!

Sparkynm

Congrats! Good to know things are progressing for some, although I preferred it when I thought nobody had heard anything!!!
Ha ha yep same here. But at least we know we’re not the only ones that haven’t heard anything back too.

SarahDee

End of week update... still not heard anything just in case anyone else is in the same boat.

Just to keep people updated, things are definitely progressing with these positions..
I had a DMI last week, found out i passed the next day, now have assessments coming up very soon.. the recruitment team are fantastic, very friendly and helpful, but as said on other posts before, they're working through SO many applications, particularly with overlapping recruitment drives, so just bear with it, things are starting to move along!

Exactly the same here. Passed DMI last week and assessment centre coming up this week.

How did you both get on with the assessments?

lh82

Me neither, im thinking its a no after hearing nothing for this long and others having been interviewed!?

Last edited:

SarahDee

I get the impression from other threads that applications are dealt with in batches, that "no news is good news" & to be patient... I would have liked some kind of acknowledgment after a month of waiting but we definitely aren't unique in our experience so far!

lh82

I get the impression from other threads that applications are dealt with in batches, that "no news is good news" & to be patient... I would have liked some kind of acknowledgment after a month of waiting but we definitely aren't unique in our experience so far!
Oh right, that sounds more promising, hope you’re right

Be patient!

If you haven't had a rejection letter you are still in the running!

They have 12,000 applications for the drivers adverts a year and take on 40!
That's a 0.3% pass rate to training!

I am aware there is a small team of recruiters ... So dealing with 12000 application and other roles, can't be simple or easy.
Then to diary in interviews, psychometrics etc ... Wow!!

Good luck everyone! Keep the faith!

CDB1991

How did you both get on with the assessments?
Happy to say I passed mine on Saturday morning, although I did only have the GB to re-sit to LNER standard.. now I just have to be patient whilst waiting for the next stage :)

SarahDee

Happy to say I passed mine on Saturday morning, although I did only have the GB to re-sit to LNER standard.. now I just have to be patient whilst waiting for the next stage :)
Well done, you must be chuffed!

Are you Leeds or Doncaster or either?

Last edited:

CDB1991

Well done, you must be chuffed!

Are you Leeds or Doncaster or either?
Thank you, I really am, could be quite literally life changing if a job comes at the end of it!

I said Doncaster as preference but I fall within the commute for Leeds so happy for either, whatever gets me on a course :)

ajc1988

I work for lner and can confirm from what recruitment team has told me that no news is good news as someone above said.

Also as they said they are working through applications in batches due to the amount of applications

SarahDee

I think the main danger is not even getting a look in if the positions are filled before our applications are considered. Someone who applied for Newcastle in Feb has recently received an email to say they are in a talent pool as there are no more vacancies. That's after 4 months of waiting. They hadn't progressed any further than the video interview. As is said a lot on these forums, patience is key. But it's hard not to refresh the emails regularly hoping for that all important update!

foxc01

I think the main danger is not even getting a look in if the positions are filled before our applications are considered. Someone who applied for Newcastle in Feb has recently received an email to say they are in a talent pool as there are no more vacancies. That's after 4 months of waiting. They hadn't progressed any further than the video interview. As is said a lot on these forums, patience is key. But it's hard not to refresh the emails regularly hoping for that all important update!
Hello, I'm in the same boat as a few of you guys :)

I applied for the role of Apprentice Driver (Leeds & Doncaster Depot) (1227) on the 10th May, completed the initial three assessments, supplied some supporting documents (exam certificate copies) and recorded the video interview on the 17th May, but I’ve not heard anything back.

My way of reckoning was that I was a week behind a few of those who found out last week, so fingers crossed!

Best of luck to those still waiting.

ollie_hobbs

@foxc01 Same here, I have not heard anything at all since I submitted my video interview (Submitted on the 12th May).
I applied for the Leeds/Doncaster role

ajc1988

I understand your concern and all I can do is pass on what I was told by one of the people dealing with the applications as I asked for a friend who has also applied and is waiting.

SarahDee

I understand your concern and all I can do is pass on what I was told by one of the people dealing with the applications as I asked for a friend who has also applied and is waiting.
Thank you, any inside info is appreciated! It's reassuring to know the process is still ongoing and I totally understand the huge task for the recruitment team. Just desperate to hear something, like everyone else on here.

ajc1988

Thank you, any inside info is appreciated! It's reassuring to know the process is still ongoing and I totally understand the huge task for the recruitment team. Just desperate to hear something, like everyone else on here.
Yep completely understand it can be a long process. Just keep them fingers crossed until you hear something and good luck

Trainstop1

I am also in the same boat with not hearing anything after my video interviews on the 16th May.

Did everyone actually receive an email to complete the videos? Once I completed the assessments and added exam certificates I received an email saying they'll be in touch shortly and then a couple of days later I just received an email reminding me that I needed to do the videos?

SarahDee

I didn't actually get an email to do the video interview, I just saw it on the portal. Some acknowledgement would be reassuring!!! I did mine on the 16th as well.

foxc01

I am also in the same boat with not hearing anything after my video interviews on the 16th May.

Did everyone actually receive an email to complete the videos? Once I completed the assessments and added exam certificates I received an email saying they'll be in touch shortly and then a couple of days later I just received an email reminding me that I needed to do the videos?
Nope. Fortunately, I logged into the portal and had a notification to book an interview online! Not heard anything since by email/through portal.

Although I did get asked to submit exam result evidence before it allowed me to book the online interview.

I didn't actually get an email to do the video interview, I just saw it on the portal. Some acknowledgement would be reassuring!!! I did mine on the 16th as well.
Exactly the same for me, too. I thought an automated email to say 'thank you, we'll be in touch' would be the norm.

I didn't want to be that guy, but I emailed recruitment before I joined this forum the other day to see if everything was ok regarding my application. Yet to hear back, but I understand why knowing now that there's only a small part time team working through hundreds/thousands of applications.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

Edit: A good friend recently applied for the driver apprenticeship with LNER having been a guard/train manager for a long time. He's currently driving and should be passing out later this year all being well, but he mentioned that a colleague's daughter had applied for the apprenticeship role that we have (1227 Leeds/Donny). Like us, she'd sat her online interviews but unfortunately for her, she didn't make it through. So they're obviously progressing through the applications slowly

Last edited:

Trainstop1

Here's to hoping no news is good news!

Also hopeful next week is the last time I start one thinking 'surely I'm going to hear back this week' haha

lh82

Nope. Fortunately, I logged into the portal and had a notification to book an interview online! Not heard anything since by email/through portal.

Although I did get asked to submit exam result evidence before it allowed me to book the online interview.

Exactly the same for me, too. I thought an automated email to say 'thank you, we'll be in touch' would be the norm.

I didn't want to be that guy, but I emailed recruitment before I joined this forum the other day to see if everything was ok regarding my application. Yet to hear back, but I understand why knowing now that there's only a small part time team working through hundreds/thousands of applications.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

Edit: A good friend recently applied for the driver apprenticeship with LNER having been a guard/train manager for a long time. He's currently driving and should be passing out later this year all being well, but he mentioned that a colleague's daughter had applied for the apprenticeship role that we have (1227 Leeds/Donny). Like us, she'd sat her online interviews but unfortunately for her, she didn't make it through. So they're obviously progressing through the applications slowly
Hi, am i right in thinking then that she got a rejection after her video interview, or was it just the assessments she didnt pass on?

foxc01

Hi, am i right in thinking then that she got a rejection after her video interview, or was it just the assessments she didnt pass on?
Hi, she got a rejection after the online video interview. She’d passed the 3 assessments prior to it

Status
Not open for further replies.