• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PG28

Just completed my video interview. A very odd experience talking to yourself on a camera but think it went reasonably well. You can never tell though with an interview.
The biggest issue I had was having to wait 10 minutes between each question for the system to process my video, even though we have superfast broadband and I turned down the video resolution as much as possible. It took me near enough an hour and a half to complete what they said should take no more than 30 minutes

route101

Established Member
Just completed my video interview. A very odd experience talking to yourself on a camera but think it went reasonably well. You can never tell though with an interview.
The biggest issue I had was having to wait 10 minutes between each question for the system to process my video, even though we have superfast broadband and I turned down the video resolution as much as possible. It took me near enough an hour and a half to complete what they said should take no more than 30 minutes

I've had a few of them video interviews! I found it difficult not to look at yourself on screen! Our internet is really so I have to use my 4G for interviews!

onestone

i am sorry to hear about this mate. u never know, u might get called in for DMI :)
if it is ok with you can kindly help me understand please....when you say u logged out and then went back and completed the others. do you mean u completed the video interviews? can u take a break between interview is what i am trying to understand. i do not have any test or interview fyi just trying to understand. thanks a lot and i am sure u will do better next video interview :)
Hi FastTrax,

Although there is a time limit to each question once you reveal the question. There isn't a time limit between questions, so if you really wanted you could do 1 question every hour :)
As someone mentioned previously, you are given 2 attempts to each question, but once you have decided to go for 2nd attempt, you cannot go back and use your 1st attempt. And there is a very short period between 1st attempt and 2nd attempt starting. This was one of the things that caught me out on the 1st question, I went for a 2nd attempt while trying to look at my notes and the time started ticking.....

Good luck

FastTrax

Hi FastTrax,

Although there is a time limit to each question once you reveal the question. There isn't a time limit between questions, so if you really wanted you could do 1 question every hour :)
As someone mentioned previously, you are given 2 attempts to each question, but once you have decided to go for 2nd attempt, you cannot go back and use your 1st attempt. And there is a very short period between 1st attempt and 2nd attempt starting. This was one of the things that caught me out on the 1st question, I went for a 2nd attempt while trying to look at my notes and the time started ticking.....

Good luck
thanks for the reply

Irish Rail

Hi all,

A long shot but does anyone have at least an e-mail address to contact recruitment. My videos on the interview failed to save and I’m gutted. Would like a fair shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HLZ77

Hi all,

A long shot but does anyone have at least an e-mail address to contact recruitment. My videos on the interview failed to save and I’m gutted. Would like a fair shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, this happened to me for the first question and I just replied to the 'video interview' email i recieved from them. They replied within 10 minutes and I was able to complete the video for that question again.

PG28

Did everyone get the ‘sit tight ‘ email this morning ?
Yes. I must admit my heart sank when I started reading, I instinctively assumed it was a "Thanks for applying, but..." kind of message, so I was very relieved when I read on! Hopefully it won't be too long before people start to hear back.

Sb80

Yes. I must admit my heart sank when I started reading, I instinctively assumed it was a "Thanks for applying, but..." kind of message, so I was very relieved when I read on! Hopefully it won't be too long before people start to hear back.
Yeah me too . Hopefully I don’t see that email

BigB89

Does anyone know someone who's made it to the 2nd interview stage even if they haven't received the above letter?

cliffy1209

I didn't get it. I completed the first stage 2 weeks ago on Friday gone.

What about yous who got the email?
It did say due to the volume of applications people would be hearing at different stages.

I completed mine 2 weeks ago today and had the email yesterday. If you've not heard, no news is good news right?

BigB89

It did say due to the volume of applications people would be hearing at different stages.

I completed mine 2 weeks ago today and had the email yesterday. If you've not heard, no news is good news right?
Thanks mate, normally I would agree but with this I think it's the opposite!

jayjaycollins

When I was invited to the video interview it said I had 3 days from receiving the email to complete it. Does anyone know if that means exactly 72 hours precisely after the time on the email? I hope I haven't fkd up as the time of the email was 4pm ish on the Tuesfay and I did the videos at 4.30pm on the Friday straight after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.