• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester - Liverpool Electrification

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDECRexile

Established Member
I've added today's films and photos to the Combined Volume here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127646831@N03/sets/72157648494725811/

Pretty pale stuff after tonight's excitement.

I'm going to watch it on livesig, how sad is that!

Go for it 319s, go for it!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And they're off!

5F01 in blue and purple with yellow front end is climbing to Edge Hill, still under 1961 wiring.

Made it!! Warmest congratulations to everyone concerned, high and low, orange or plain.

Yippee!!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LDECRexile

Established Member
I bet Stephenson's up there clapping like mad.

5F02's off again, giddy up!

...and where did 5F02 outbound pass 5F01 returning? Rainhill!! The Rainhill Trials 2015.

Last edited:

nw-sparks

Second one's at Wavertree. What I want to know is how do they get home? There are no return schedules so far.

Perhaps in a possession?

Update:
And the answer is they're coming back anyway, 5F01 is approaching Rainhill on the down, 5F02 on the up.

Last edited:

8A Rail

Established Member
I think you be interested in this particular image (not mine) but it is a historical one taken Monday evening with top and tail Class 37's - Flickr link removed as the image owner complained to the link. Sorry members.

Last edited:

Billyblue

Just logged in and saw the latest posts about the test train(s). Was putting my shoes on to dash around to the Huyton footpath when I heard it go past. It appeared to be going at a fair pace. Very strange to hear a sort of high pitched whirring sound instead of the low rumble of the diesels. Does anyone know if they're coming back, tonight?

LDECRexile

Established Member
Just logged in and saw the latest posts about the test train(s). Was putting my shoes on to dash around to the Huyton footpath when I heard it go past. It appeared to be going at a fair pace. Very strange to hear a sort of high pitched whirring sound instead of the low rumble of the diesels. Does anyone know if they're coming back, tonight?

Get onto Phil's fab livesig. 5F02 should go home before long if 5F01 is owt to go by.
Can we conclude that the westbound track isn't yet electrically usable?

5F01's trip home suggests it is usable. Watch out for 5F02.

Ey up, 5F01 is back at Edge Hill on the eastbound track, is he having another go?!

Looks like it, she's off eastwards again!

And 5F02's heading west, they look as if they'll cross near Rainhill or Whiston.

Last edited:

Billyblue

10 mins ago they both flew through Huyton Station.Going to wait a few more mins because the east bound signal's on green

LDECRexile

Established Member
5F02 has left Lime St Platform 1 and has crossed to the London lines. Looks like she's going home. Job done.

5F01 is still out on Chat Moss somewhere though....

Beddibies for me though.

Thank you Phil for making this fab software available. I've always found it interesting, but tonight it was exciting.

Last edited:

Billyblue

5F01 coming westbound, just approaching Lea Green.

Phil

Thanks for that, both. Just missed that one but saw the earlier eastbound from the Huyton footpath and the westbound when I'd reach the station. They both flew through and I didn't get a chance to take a photo!

nw-sparks

5F01 is now heading back to Allerton, so it looks like the show's over.

First passenger working could be any day now, I think. Maybe even today!

I wonder if this Sunday's closure will be cancelled? Perhaps there's still some tidying up to be done.

Phil

marko31161

Only one unit for todays testing. To include shunt move at Huyton, round corner to WBQ, and stopping pattern as per 5F01 on last trip last night.
06.13 Monday to MIA scheduled to be first passenger service

LDECRexile

Established Member
5F01 is now heading back to Allerton, so it looks like the show's over.

First passenger working could be any day now, I think. Maybe even today!

I wonder if this Sunday's closure will be cancelled? Perhaps there's still some tidying up to be done.

Phil

Well, there's two sections of autotransformer wire to put up, but trains seem to work perfectly well without it!
Only one unit for todays testing. To include shunt move at Huyton, round corner to WBQ, and stopping pattern as per 5F01 on last trip last night.
06.13 Monday to MIA scheduled to be first passenger service

That's really helpful, thank you.

Class377/5

Established Member
Northern's MD has started he hopes next week for electric services on Twitter.

marko31161

Refreshed 319s seen in Alllerton Depot have looked quite smart, but in the surroundings of Lime Street they really do look like 30 year old dated trains.

Southern cast offs as usual. It's what we plebs in the north have come to expect.
But don't forget we're all in this together,don't ya know?

Viscount702

So the wires are now complete and useable between LIV-WBQ/MIA. Has a 319 been tested between Earlestown and MIA

SGS

It doesn't feel like it's been properly tested unless either that Class 84 or that former Class 305 EMU in InterCity livery, put in an appearance.;)

DJH1971

Established Member
It doesn't feel like it's been properly tested unless either that Class 84 or that former Class 305 EMU in InterCity livery, put in an appearance.;)

Thought that Class 84 load bank (84009 formerly I believe) went to the rail depot in the sky years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.