• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sadly due to Indian recalcitrance the TV referral option is not available therefore I think that leaves us at the glorious station that is Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Regardless of the Defamation of Character Exception Regulations Clause 13.4 'Accusations of Rule falsification and fabrication' (It is actually clause 14.4 but I'll forgive the typo):

Balls Pond Road

deltic

Established Member
I can see what you are trying to do there - beguile us into thinking TOWIE but I'm not falling for that - we need some class around so Tooting Broadway it is

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Foul! Waterloo was already played therefore you are banned for -2 rounds and face a penalty of £0.50p.

To try and restore some sense of logic I think the next best move is Pimlico.

deltic

Established Member
Clever - very clever - but I think Sloane Square blocks you off

A Challenge

Established Member
Kensington (Olympia). Is it banned under clause 12.76?

Last edited:

DasLunatic

No... but under Clause 12.48 of the same act, if High Street Ken is played within five moves of a penalty the game is automatically won by the next person.

Therefore, I can play
Mornington Crescent!

Go again?

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Woah, hold on now, I don't think that's legal. I'm still Underwater after yesterdays somewhat brutal play, and until I roll a double or a full moon passes that surely means you're blocked from moving more than one piece horizontally at a time.

MotCO

Established Member
Excuse me! No shapes are allowed in this circumstance! Did you not read the rules properly?!?

[/b].

Would this not rule out Morn..... Cresc....?

I think shapes are allowed between two juxtaposed bank holidays in the amended 1976 version of the rules.

causton

Established Member
I said "in this circumstance". In no way, shape, or form are any shapes to be played so soon after a Pimlico move. It's quite clear, really.

Give it a few more rounds, the restriction will be lifted, and I think I might know how to squeeze it in. I'm not going to disclose too much at this early stage though.

I think from this, we should go back to the Olympia, and from there, the only permissible move is Shepherds Bush (alas, the Central line one, not the adjacent Overground station).

A Challenge

Established Member
The shape restriction can only be removed after two stations involving different road names, so I offer Watford High Street, to remove the restriction.

A Challenge

Established Member
You make it found difficult, but it isn't if you are on a direct train southbound. You end up, however, in the awkward position if being in Morden at the end of the line.

cactustwirly

Established Member
St Helier

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

deltic

Established Member
I'm playing my get out of jail card and landing on Marylebone

A Challenge

Established Member
Pentonville Road. Straight back in prison! Five goes in knip isn't it for playing a Get Out of Jail and ending back at prison the next go?

deltic

Established Member
I'm going off to re-read my copy of Stovold in the original Greek with a bottle of Port for company - I wonder if Samantha will help me polish it off

A Challenge

Established Member
This move uses the Luxembourg convention section 11.4, which if I am correct candidates in to force at sunrise yesterday in Mumbi.

Clapham (North Yorkshire), blocking off anywhere south of Wigan in Europe that isn't a major Italian Rail terminus and getting me two Mince Pie tokens and a Free school meal token! :?:

Why do I need a free school meal?

Last edited:

DasLunatic

...but only if you have a valid passport. Since we forgot to pick one up, we can either be thrown in the Tower or we can get a passport from Swiss Cottage.

deltic

Established Member
Having been kept up all night by Samantha I am confident that DasLunatic is deliberately misquoting the rules in the hope of getting a triple word score with Miss Scarlett in the library with the lead piping while avoiding falling down a snake. Either that or the mushrooms were off. In which case I am going to confound his cunning plan by playing Upminster

deltic

Established Member
Emerson Park Halt! What sort of move is that! That's just typical of the post Brexit world - people are now trying to win the game and coming up with almost unbeatable moves to do so. THis is still Britain where taking part is more important than winning - were you not inspired by England's fine defeat by Iceland but no it appears that winning has become the all consuming aim.

I shall do my utmost to prevent this dasteredly plan by playing Castle Bar Park

backontrack

Established Member
I shall do my utmost to prevent this dasteredly plan by playing Castle Bar Park
I too am anxious of outdated imperialistic mantra permeating this pillar of society. It seems apparent that people these days are all too keen to revive long-obsolete wartime dogma, and this is something that I am keen for this game to not meet again.

Castle Bar Park from Emerson Park Halt requires a double-prerogative pincer movement via the Mirren-Knightley Co-Lateral. Seeing that, as no such undertaking as been received by the Quizmasters, and that play has not been withdrawn from the Pole End, a Chance card must therefore be read by the next player and acted upon.

My card reads as follows:

You have won Celebrity Big Brother. Go straight to Anonymity, do not pass Go, do not collect £200, do not become part of any tontines or underground deals that might be of any benefit to you. Do not receive backhanders for doing quicker masses, do not go easy on people in confession, do not hit the altar wine too hard or engage in the Priest Chatback Helpline. Do not melt down a Golden Cleric award for the money, because, gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

Consequently, this game is at Warren Street.

Last edited:

deltic

Established Member
Uxbridge Vine Street that should slow things down a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.