• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DasLunatic

Stop right there. I am almost certain that under the Griffin Convention, fictional stations are not allowed unless we are more than eight miles away from a Thomson's tetralateral. Therefore, we're back at Dagenham Heathway and I shall play Greenhithe for Bluewater.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well spotted! Rather underhand attempt to undermine the very integrity of the game there.

So, to help things back onto the smooth and narrow I think I'm allowed to use a hexagonal move and play Finsbury Park.

deltic

Established Member
Darn it - if it wasn't for those pesky kids I would have got away with it. Okay I'll go quietly with Rayner's Lane

DasLunatic

We've had a one and a two - to claim the Bronze Trophy I shall play a three - this takes me to Aylesbury

deltic

Established Member
just threw a triple six, went up a very long ladder and using Einstein's rule of relativity and the Chancellors golden rule have ended up at ------ the Marquis of Granby - oops something wrong there - never mind, Samantha says we have time for a quick one and then its leg it back to Westminster

Last edited:

MotCO

Established Member
...but only if you have a valid passport. Since we forgot to pick one up, we can either be thrown in the Tower or we can get a passport from Swiss Cottage.

Shouldn't that be Passport from Pimlico?

(Apologies for the 'derailment' - it's back to Holborn)

DasLunatic

Shouldn't that be Passport from Pimlico?

We couldn't get one from Pimlico because the Dibnah Convention makes anywhere south of City Thameslink require an Advance Off Peak Return to London Terminals. Since we don't have one, we had to use the secondary office at Swiss Cottage.

Moving on...

Barbican

deltic

Established Member
Don't want to be a damp squib but I have just realised we are meant to be playing by the Christmas festive rules which means we should all be moving westwards following the camel train to Camden except where engineering works require use of the donkey replacement service. This would seem to imply a large proportion of illegal moves have been made. I have suggested to Samantha that I should good rummage in her drawers to see if I can find a solution to this conundrum

deltic

Established Member
Took rather longer than expected to fully examine the contents of Samantha's drawers but I have come to the conclusion that Hatton Cross is a safe bet

Last edited:

DasLunatic

You can't do that because it would contravene the Airbus Convention on Stations within 2000 Yards Of An Airport.

To quote:
Airbus Convention on Stations Within 2000 Yards of an Airport said:
After a station within range, all stations within the airport's ATC tower field of site become illegal moves unless you have a Steel Token

I don't think you have a Steel Token yet.

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
Who is this Samantha character you keep referencing?

Glasgow Prestwick Airport

She used to work around the harbour at Dover in a fishing boat. Once, the vessel was caught in stormy waters. Luckily, the RNLI came in a big tugboat, captained by a Swedish lad, called Sven. Soon they were going again as he tugged her off.

I'll go Epping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.