• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains website

Tom

There've been no issues with ScotRail allocations other than it being a bit patchy in places at the moment due to a feed failure on one feed - but they'll have been available. If they're not available at all, then please email the feedback address so it can be looked at quickly by the support team.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pleased to say that the problems SWR & RTT had seem to have been resolved, all units now on RTT as at 1800 today.

superjohn

Some weirdness going on with LNER allocations this morning. When I booked the 0759 Peterborough to York the seat selector was showing 2x5 car units. I was up early and checked the incoming working (0605 Leeds-Peterborough) on RTT and it was originally showing 2x5 cars but changed to a single unit prior to departure. When I arrived at Peterborough the platform screens were showing five cars only but a pair turned up (801107+801108). Both sets were in use and my reservation in the supposedly non-existent coach K was displayed on the interior screens.

Any ideas what would cause this to happen?

Tom

Amused by the guesses of next operators... anyway I digress.

Some weirdness going on with LNER allocations this morning. When I booked the 0759 Peterborough to York the seat selector was showing 2x5 car units. I was up early and checked the incoming working (0605 Leeds-Peterborough) on RTT and it was originally showing 2x5 cars but changed to a single unit prior to departure. When I arrived at Peterborough the platform screens were showing five cars only but a pair turned up (801107+801108). Both sets were in use and my reservation in the supposedly non-existent coach K was displayed on the interior screens.

Any ideas what would cause this to happen?
Probably just down to how and when the train was allocated this morning. Looks like it got allocated as a 10 car, then a 5, then a 10 car again.

Troubles again this morning with missing units on RTT from SWR feed, I have emailed RTT regarding this reoccurring problem.

Aictos

Established Member
West Midlands and GWR would be me sorted! Once they're on the system, there's no need to bother with anyone else! :D<:D
Southern, Great Northern and Thameslink would cover a awful lot of the former NSE area and probably be more useful - I've not included Gatwick Express as it's not operating at the moment and won't be for some time.

Sean Emmett

Looking to travel from Ascot to Reading later this morning. Any trains likely to be 455s?

In the other direction, RTT showing 09.12 Reading - Waterloo to be formed of 20 (twenty) coaches...

Looking to travel from Ascot to Reading later this morning. Any trains likely to be 455s?

In the other direction, RTT showing 09.12 Reading - Waterloo to be formed of 20 (twenty) coaches...
Doesnt look like any 455's on the Reading line unless a failure occurs, nearest would be 8 450 on the 0712 or 1042 dep to Reading.

Pleased to say that the feed problem between SWR & RTT appears to have been repaired, as all services now have units on them.

spark001uk

Established Member
Quick question, what causes these sorts of little formation anomalies? Eg:
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:L58365/2021-05-24/detailed#allox_id=0
comes empties into the station as 12 car, then leaves 2 minutes later on:
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:L55815/2021-05-24/detailed#allox_id=0
as an 8 car?

There's no time to detach, and in any case a few mins after it departs, another 12 car rolls in, so it couldn't leave a unit behind?
Also as a side note, the empties shows 450069, and on the onward service it changes to 450569.?

James H

Swanage Railway now on RTT (and powering live departures screens in the booking halls at Swanage and Corfe Castle). And Eddystone has failed, resulting in some late running to put the system to good use.

greatvoyager

Established Member
Swanage Railway now on RTT (and powering live departures screens in the booking halls at Swanage and Corfe Castle). And Eddystone has failed, resulting in some late running to put the system to good use.
That’s interesting, wonder if any other heritage railways will follow.

pdeaves

Established Member
That will explain why the URL now has 'gb-nr:' in it for the most part (and 'gb-pt:' for the heritage line, I see).

I believe that's everything at Edinburgh, Glasgow Central, Newcastle, Leeds, and nearly the various Manchester stations and York done now then. Coming along nicely!

StephenHunter

Established Member
It would be nice if the future GBR teamed up with RTT to make an app akin to the NS one where you could see the trains in your area and their allocated stock.

XAM2175

Established Member
I believe that's everything at Edinburgh, Glasgow Central, Newcastle, Leeds, and nearly the various Manchester stations and York done now then. Coming along nicely!
Can't speak for south of the border but if I'm not mistaken this means every station in Scotland now has full allocations for every regularly-scheduled TOC.

EDIT: I'm not including WCRC in "regularly-scheduled TOC", for the avoidance of correction :p

Last edited: