• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains website

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Route115?

Browsing through RTT recently, I couldn't find any trains between Aylesbury & the depot & stabling sidings? I don't know if thee are similar examples elsewhere. Why is this? Are movements treated as local shunting movements so will not appear?

bramling

Veteran Member
Browsing through RTT recently, I couldn't find any trains between Aylesbury & the depot & stabling sidings? I don't know if thee are similar examples elsewhere. Why is this? Are movements treated as local shunting movements so will not appear?

I believe Aylesbury is one of the few places where the latter is exactly what happens. Sheffield and Hull are other examples.

From what I recall (someone with local knowledge should be able to confirm and elaborate on this) Chiltern have a dedicated controller based at Aylesbury who manages all the shunt movements locally according to what is required on the day. I guess this is a result of having a very compact depot where a substantial amount of the stabling is elsewhere in the wider station complex.

I’m not sure if there are base paths present locally for use on the elusive “perfect day”.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Did this site allow more than 7 days back checking?

Trying to find working at White Hart Lane for 23 Oct and 6 Nov last year between 1800 and 2100

Thanks
If you go to the RTT home page and look at the calendar shown to allow you to select a day, you will see the dates more than 7 days prior to the current date greyed-out.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If you go to the RTT home page and look at the calendar shown to allow you to select a day, you will see the dates more than 7 days prior to the current date greyed-out.
This is because the station/location search only works 7 days back. However individual schedules can still be viewed going back considerably further than this, provided that you know the UID in question.

gazr

Is the option for historical working with a subscription of some kind still on the table for RTT? I have been very lackadaisical in putting my notations into a spreadsheet, and using other sites have managed to go back to around September 2019 (luckily I record the headcode and UIC of each train I'm on). I'm mainly after the actual arrival/departure times as I don't record these on the day. Obviously I need to go back further than that, but wondering if any sites still have the information achieved or not as it must take up quite a bit of storage. I know I should use railmiles, but I'm set in my ways.

jnjkerbin

Is the option for historical working with a subscription of some kind still on the table for RTT? I have been very lackadaisical in putting my notations into a spreadsheet, and using other sites have managed to go back to around September 2019 (luckily I record the headcode and UIC of each train I'm on). I'm mainly after the actual arrival/departure times as I don't record these on the day. Obviously I need to go back further than that, but wondering if any sites still have the information achieved or not as it must take up quite a bit of storage. I know I should use railmiles, but I'm set in my ways.
http://charlwoodhouse.co.uk/rail/liverail has 3 years of historical data.

_toommm_

Established Member

You could always try a subscription to railmiles. I put my trips in in advance, then it auto updates with actual departure and arrival times vs. planned, along with the unit(s) if it’s currently a part of know your train on RTT.

Triumph

I believe Aylesbury is one of the few places where the latter is exactly what happens. Sheffield and Hull are other examples.

From what I recall (someone with local knowledge should be able to confirm and elaborate on this) Chiltern have a dedicated controller based at Aylesbury who manages all the shunt movements locally according to what is required on the day. I guess this is a result of having a very compact depot where a substantial amount of the stabling is elsewhere in the wider station complex.

I’m not sure if there are base paths present locally for use on the elusive “perfect day”.
Both Chiltern & Northern unit diagrams have all the ECS working shown at Aylesbury and Sheffield.

The only places that don't have the ECS working in the unit diagrams are EMR Nottingham to Eastcroft Depot and Hull BG Depot ECS moves (Northern/Hull/TPE)
Nottingham is all done by local moves as all the ECS coming out has to formed correctly for stabling in the Platforms as most of the sets are 5/6 different units.
Hull is alll done locally however the station working book does contain the movements and platform stabling plan.

gazr

Yes, there is. It will be going into development soon.
Great news, Tom- pretty sure I'll be signing up for that. Out of interest, have you saved all the data since the inception of RTT, or does it only go back a certain amount?

Tom

There is data going back to mid 2016 reliably, prior to that it's patchy in places but December 2012 I think is the earliest I have.

gazr

There is data going back to mid 2016 reliably, prior to that it's patchy in places but December 2012 I think is the earliest I have.
Looks like I may be in luck then :) Thanks for the quick reply.

william.martin

On Moderation
Probably an error with the data feed although last year it said that 390122 was working an Avanti service to Shrewsbury however the line isn't electrified!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Probably an error with the data feed although last year it said that 390122 was working an Avanti service to Shrewsbury however the line isn't electrified!
50p says it worked it to Crewe and the service was either terminated there or there was a unit swap.

SuperLuke2334

Established Member
50p says it worked it to Crewe and the service was either terminated there or there was a unit swap.
Wouldn't have gone to Crewe. Would have gone via Wolverhampton!

Is there more companies planned to join Know Your Train in future?

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Is the website down at the moment?
Working fine for me. I've tried a station search, headcode search and unit number search.

Also tried choosing a service from a station list.

All loaded no problems and I used RTT a few times earlier today, again without issue.

Looks like an issue at your end I'm afraid.

Class15

On Moderation
Seems fine to me

Working fine for me. I've tried a station search, headcode search and unit number search.

Also tried choosing a service from a station list.

All loaded no problems and I used RTT a few times earlier today, again without issue.

Looks like an issue at your end I'm afraid.
Guess so. Tried it with another device and working fine.