• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail Conductor applicants

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

zilmed

Heard anything re interview yet zilmed? What station have you applied for?
No, nothing yet was thinking of writing another email which I have done before, but I feel like they only disappear into the void. Not to mention the mobile number that goes straight to voice mail. Applying for tweedbank.

Last edited:

zilmed

The recruitment department boggles my mind. I've tried chasing them up numerous times but I never receive a response.

They must get enough applicants for these jobs that they can afford to lose a few due to them losing patience.
Yeah, that's the feeling I get

Fat Pav

No, nothing yet was thinking of writing another email which I have done before, but I feel like they only disappear into the void. Not to mention the mobile number that goes straight to voice mail. Applying for tweedbank.

The recruitment department boggles my mind. I've tried chasing them up numerous times but I never receive a response.

They must get enough applicants for these jobs that they can afford to lose a few due to them losing patience.

Interviews could be as early as next week. Was at Atrium today for Conductor assessments and they recommended getting started on intereview prep straight away.

Are you both “off the street” and applying externally?

zilmed

Interviews could be as early as next week. Was at Atrium today for Conductor assessments and they recommended getting started on intereview prep straight away.

Are you both “off the street” and applying externally?
Hey, I'm external, yes

I just got an email saying your application is ongoing we'll be in contact in due course.
I didn't get even that email

zilmed

I have just recieved a response to my email saying that they're waiting for interview dates and will be in touch ‍♀️

Just received a further email saying the vacancy has been put on hold!
Oh that's weird

Aaaand still nothing

Last edited:

Scotrail84

Established Member
19 people in for afternoon assessments today for Conductors positions at various depots, a mix of both internal and external candidates. All told they will hear back with their results no later than Monday. Info from a mate of mine who was there.

zilmed

19 people in for afternoon assessments today for Conductors positions at various depots, a mix of both internal and external candidates. All told they will hear back with their results no later than Monday. Info from a mate of mine who was

I wonder if they will run more assessments now before they do any interviews..did my assessment in Nov

Scotrail84

Established Member

I wonder if they will run more assessments now before they do any interviews..did my assessment in Nov

He said they were told to expect interviews to follow very soon, possibly as early as the following week if managers and candidates were available as the assessor mentioned they want staff in asap taking into account notice periods and things. This will be for the May timetable change I reckon with Levenmouth depot due to open then as well.

zilmed

It's working for me.

Still waiting on an update though.
Could you share the link that you use, please?

He said they were told to expect interviews to follow very soon, possibly as early as the following week if managers and candidates were available as the assessor mentioned they want staff in asap taking into account notice periods and things. This will be for the May timetable change I reckon with Levenmouth depot due to open then as well.
Thanks for the information

Scotrail84

Established Member
Could you share the link that you use, please?

Thanks for the information

My mate told me he got an email yesterday saying he'd passed the tests for the Conductors role and that they will be in touch soon to advise about the next stage.

zilmed

My mate told me he got an email yesterday saying he'd passed the tests for the Conductors role and that they will be in touch soon to advise about the next stage.

That's what I got a month and a half ago. Let us know if he gets lucky and actually hears from them

Saltire1973

If it's any consolation guys, it's not only the conductor role that's suffering delays and lack of communication - I attended for assessments for a completely different role in mid November and was told that day that if successful interview would be within 2 weeks. Got the email the following day that I had been successful at the assessment and they would be in touch regarding the next stage - 2 months later and I'm still waiting.

Be patient folks, I think it's a very small team of recruiters dealing with many applications for a large number of vacancies.

zilmed

Scotrail posted more vacancies for the conductor role but not in my location anymore. Wonder if I should be worried.

If it's any consolation guys, it's not only the conductor role that's suffering delays and lack of communication - I attended for assessments for a completely different role in mid November and was told that day that if successful interview would be within 2 weeks. Got the email the following day that I had been successful at the assessment and they would be in touch regarding the next stage - 2 months later and I'm still waiting.

Be patient folks, I think it's a very small team of recruiters dealing with many applications for a large number of vacancies.
That's my hope

zilmed

Anyone had an interview yet?
Think someone here they had a phone call re interview same day they recieved the email about passing the assessment. But that was only one of us. Not sure if they prioritise some locations over others

AG78UK

Think someone here they had a phone call re interview same day they recieved the email about passing the assessment. But that was only one of us. Not sure if they prioritise some locations over others
Okay thank you :)

Fat Pav

Blue Arrow recruitment agency now doing Conductor recruitment on behalf of ScotRail. ScotRail have just started their recruitment process for Drivers internally so they’ll be very busy and It’ll slow to a crawl, more so than usual.

Anyone had an interview yet?
Yes, and medical.

Scotrail84

Established Member
Blue Arrow recruitment agency now doing Conductor recruitment on behalf of ScotRail. ScotRail have just started their recruitment process for Drivers internally so they’ll be very busy and It’ll slow to a crawl, more so than usual.

Yes, and medical.
If you apply on the ScotRail website then it's Scotrail who are recruiting you directly. I have never known safety critical posts to be recruited for by an outside agency.

Yes, and medical.
What depot were you interviewed for?

Last edited:

Samsanbor

Yes, and medical.
I refer your post about Blue Arrow, really??
Where are you taking this information from and do you have a link that can confirm it?

Charladenz

I did actually see Blue Arrow looking for Gateline assistants for my local station, but definitely no conductors opportunities posted.

Currently filling out the conductor application for the local station through Scotrail. However, will give BA a call on Monday and see if that's on offer through them too. Cheers :D

Fat Pav

If you apply on the ScotRail website then it's Scotrail who are recruiting you directly. I have never known safety critical posts to be recruited for by an outside agency.

What depot were you interviewed for?
It’s not there any more, but was there a few days ago. Sent it to friends to apply to.

I refer your post about Blue Arrow, really??
Where are you taking this information from and do you have a link that can confirm it?
See my reply with screenshot attached.

Was on this URL but it’s not there any more.

Attachments

• e33e2545-2441-40a6-a6ac-ac7f2c51ac9e.jpeg
    e33e2545-2441-40a6-a6ac-ac7f2c51ac9e.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 39