• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

mbonwick

Established Member
So it doesn't trigger ANPR/tax enforcement cameras while being driven untaxed on trade plates.

New vehicles on delivery from ADL/Wrights etc also have the plates obscured.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robertclark125

Established Member
Unless they get transferred in from elsewhere. Stagecoach Manchester have a few withdrawn vehicles sitting in Hyde road and Wigan, but I don't know if there's any double deckers in among that lot.

Fifescottish

What about the Enviro 400's that have returned from Bluebird or the ones that are having the centre doors removed from down south?

Does it justify deckers?

overthewater

Established Member
What about the Enviro 400's that have returned from Bluebird or the ones that are having the centre doors removed from down south?

Does it justify deckers?

The X7 is never full, but maybe the company is just being twisted to the all the complainer about the coaches :lol:

Fifescottish

Has anybody got a summary of the change in allocations following the service changes last week?

Have both 53717 and 53718 left Dunfermline?

overthewater

Established Member
Has anybody got a summary of the change in allocations following the service changes last week?

Have both 53717 and 53718 left Dunfermline?

Both are still in Dunfermline. It seems there still have one 57 plate B12, four 59 plate B12. There defo b13 moved back for X27...

overthewater

Established Member
Last edited:

Stan Drews

Established Member
It seems I was looking at the fleet lists here: http://mbonwick.cu.cc/SCNW/Fleetcards/index.php?dir=17/ dated 10 june but it seem East scotland updated a week earlier, which seems pointless because it changed.

Those are the Stagecoach Period 1 Fleet Cards, which reflect the situation on 27th May, when that period ended.
The next ones will be produced for Period 2, which will end 4 weeks later i.e. 24th June, and include any changes made in the intervening 4 week period.

That process repeats 13 times each financial year!

overthewater

Established Member
That clears that up!

So the Newer B11 stock has gone from D/line to Glen
at last Five B13 have moved Aberhill to D/line for the X27 which also uses B12 59 plates.
E300 are now appearing on the 51, so the number of B7 must have been reduced,

Macllain

53717/8 are at Glenrothes, 27610 is the only ex 40 E300 at Dunfermline and it's only being used until 27907 has its engine replaced, the rest are at Aberhill for repaint and are apparently destined for Perth. No B7's have been withdrawn. The current coaches at Dunfermline are 53286/8/90/1/2/6, 54038-41 54067/72-5 and 54114-7 with 54071 apparently due from Cumbernauld. Also here are 25251/2/9/60 IIRC, there may be another one I've missed, these have replaced 35240/1 and several of the older Solo's. Think that's it!

overthewater

Established Member
53717/8 are at Glenrothes, 27610 is the only ex 40 E300 at Dunfermline and it's only being used until 27907 has its engine replaced, the rest are at Aberhill for repaint and are apparently destined for Perth. No B7's have been withdrawn. The current coaches at Dunfermline are 53286/8/90/1/2/6, 54038-41 54067/72-5 and 54114-7 with 54071 apparently due from Cumbernauld. Also here are 25251/2/9/60 IIRC, there may be another one I've missed, these have replaced 35240/1 and several of the older Solo's. Think that's it!

Thanks for that list, 27907 is only 3 years old. The B7s has seen one withdrawn are not out as much so I dont know whats going on here.

* 53286/8/90/1/2/6: B7 coaches.
* 54038-41: 57plate B12
* 54067/72-5: 59plate B12
* 54114-7: 62plate B13.

Here the next point: Glenrothes is due 54356 – 54363 Volvo B11R 15m Plaxton Elite, that means there must be another reshuffle due when there turn up. I take it the 59 will move to D/line to replace the oldest five 57 plates and 3 b7s?

A month ago "From the 12th May 2017: " I got this reply:
East Scotland are expecting a significant number of cascaded coaches.

Has that been thrown out the window?

Why are there buying Volvo B11R instead of more Volvo B13R to match the older B13 stock.

Last edited:

Macllain

I think 2 batches were initially due, Some tri axle and others of the single axle variety which were earmarked for Dunfermline but this appears to have changed. I thought all new Volvo coaches were either B8/11 with the B13 being discontinued with the introduction of Euro 6?

overthewater

Established Member
I think 2 batches were initially due, Some tri axle and others of the single axle variety which were earmarked for Dunfermline but this appears to have changed. I thought all new Volvo coaches were either B8/11 with the B13 being discontinued with the introduction of Euro 6?

I can't keep track of the coach types, especial if there go up then back down. Unless there doing same as Alexander and making it ALL the same ie like E200MMC which has three different types.

What part of Stagecoach empire had Spare B8s going? Also there no point pushing in more B11 if there just the same age as the current B12.

Last edited:

Macllain

I can't keep track of the coach types, especial if there go up then back down. Unless there doing same as Alexander and making it ALL the same ie like E200MMC which has three different types.

What part of Stagecoach empire had Spare B8s going? Also there no point pushing in more B11 if there just the same age as the current B12.

I think the cascaded coaches were Elite B9's from Kent, unsure what the plan for them is now or when the NX contracts down there finish. I thought they were destined for Rennies.

537** are B9
540** are B12
541** are B13
542** and 543** are B11.

Surreyman

I think the cascaded coaches were Elite B9's from Kent, unsure what the plan for them is now or when the NX contracts down there finish. I thought they were destined for Rennies.

537** are B9
540** are B12
541** are B13
542** and 543** are B11.

East Kent NX contracts finish end of JULY.
Anyone know if the '10' reg NX coaches are leased or owned?

overthewater

Established Member
There is still no further details about bridge opening etc. The company has put out the following. It should be noted Halbeath is getting pretty FULL and could do with more spaces. IF only there had buses connecting the Park n ride site from other locations around West Fife.......

Royal Highland Show, should be no bother, since Dunfermline tend to fling out Deckers and 63 seater coaches on the route. Its the Edinburgh Festival, I'm more concerned about. Last year said Stupid management decided against logic not to have enhance the level of service, unlikes every other year before it.... What happened? chaos and back tracking and the extra service appeared days later... then cut the service even further back with those service changes which started to be revised in January and a few weeks ago...

no mention of the increase use from Larbart.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/...-and-ride-sites-to-cut-congestion-this-summer

Park and Ride sites to cut congestion this summer

Stagecoach East Scotland have reported a higher number of passengers travelling to and from Glasgow since the frequency increase at the beginning of this month.

The company increased the number of journeys operating between Fife and Glasgow on 5 June and has already seen a 4% increase in passengers making use of the new 15 minute frequency.

Stagecoach have confirmed that over 1000 cars were parked at Halbeath P&R on Saturday (17 June), and the good weather over the weekend had a positive effect on the number of people travelling to both Glasgow and Edinburgh.

The company have also reported a 34% increase year on year in passenger use of the route to Edinburgh Airport, JET747, since more journeys were introduced to the route in April. With the JET747 bus to Edinburgh Airport calling at Halbeath and Ferrytoll P&R sites and providing the only direct public transport link from Fife to the airport, customers can leave their car at the sites for free and travel, hassle free on the JET747.

The concourse at Ferrytoll P&R was recently extended as part of the ongoing works in the area, providing increased space for vehicles using the site, which will prevent congestion and make it easier for customers to see their bus approaching.

Douglas Robertson, Commercial Director, Stagecoach East Scotland said: "The extension of the bus turning circle and access arrangements made recently to Ferrytoll P&R have greatly improved the flow of traffic in the area.

"As the summer holidays approach and we expect increased traffic on our roads, particularly during events such as the Royal Highland Show and the Edinburgh Festival, it's the ideal time to leave the car behind, benefit from bus lanes, easy journey connections and relax on our frequent bus and coach services. We've already noticed a 5% increase in passenger numbers using our express services to Edinburgh, all of which stop at Ferrytoll P&R.

JET747 currently operates up to every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day and operates from Halbeath P&R, Inverkeithing rail station and Ferrytoll P&R to Edinburgh Airport. The bus stance is directly outside the terminal building and connections from many other bus and coach routes are available at the P&R sites, with through ticketing also available.

The restriction to park at Ferrytoll P&R for no more than 7 days at a time has now been lifted following the renovation of the site and Stagecoach are keen to encourage customers to continue to use the site to prevent any potential overcrowding at Halbeath.

Douglas continued: "Lifting the 7 day parking restriction at Ferrytoll P&R will make it even easier for customers to plan transport for their summer holiday travel - it's easy and secure to leave the car in the multi-storey car park during their trip."

The Express City Connect network, operated by Stagecoach East Scotland, recently won the Gold award for Top Express Operation at the UK Coach Awards, for the third year running. All services travelling from Fife to Edinburgh currently stop at Ferrytoll P&R, providing a journey up to every 5 minutes in peak times, and every 10 minutes throughout most of the day.

Timetables for the new Express City Connect routes are available to download at stagecoachbus.com and customers can download the StagecoachBus app to plan a journey, view live bus arrivals, see updates and buy mobile tickets.

Fifescottish

Why don't they bring back the 1 from Dunfermline and allow through fares to Edinburgh and the airport. From memory you could get a through fare to the airport previously but not Edinburgh.

Looks like the X55 may be getting upgraded using coaches from the 53701 - 53716 batch that are currently on National Express duties if information posted elsewhere is correct.

overthewater

Established Member
Why don't they bring back the 1 from Dunfermline and allow through fares to Edinburgh and the airport. From memory you could get a through fare to the airport previously but not Edinburgh.

The one was awful. The older 73 was better. The reason for no though fare? ( Im sure it was possible) you were able to buy an Edinburgh Megarider on the buses and get transfer ticket at no extra charge.

BUT it's still will hidden even with service No2.....

Looks like the X55 may be getting upgraded using coaches from the 53701 - 53716 batch that are currently on National Express duties if information posted elsewhere is correct.

That would explain why there are toilet symbols in the timetables for the X55. I just hope there stay away from the X51. There need to get rid of these coaches on that route. Last Saturday There put a coach out on one jounrey, its next run it was swapped for E200MMC there just cant deal with standing passenger. Why not use deckers on Saturdays...

overthewater

Established Member
Halbeath Park n ride has been full on both Thursday and Friday, I dare say the same will happen again tomorrow. There really can't build that new train station of the car park is full, also there need to build a bigger car park just for the buses alone.