• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Supermarkets discussion

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
If I had to pick a favourite, it would probably be Aldi. It's the easiest for me in terms of access; it's just one bus journey to get there and it's located opposite the bus station. Until recently I didn't have access to a car, so this was the only really practical option if I wanted to shop in store. I find that the quality of their food is as good as any of the Big 4 and their prices are good, especially for things like coffee - their Columbian and Costa Rican instant coffee is as good as any of the "premium" brands and at just over £2 a jar it's far cheaper. They're much more competitive on items like sugar, butter, bread and vegetables - their "super six" offers on the latter are usually very good.

Tesco isn't too far away and it's on the same bus route, but I've never really liked their stores. Maybe there's some deep-rooted psychological hangover from when I worked for Safeway, and part of me still sees them as the enemy! I will pop in from time to time if there's something specific I need and Aldi doesn't stock it; availablity of herbs and spices can be hit and miss with Aldi, for example. Tesco is a two-floor affair, and I sometimes feel a bit claustrophobic under the mezzanine when the shop is really busy. Occasionally I can hit the jackpot with their reduced to clear section and it allows me to try things that I ordinarily wouldn't have looked at.

Asda is located on the other side of town and not so easy to get to by public transport. It's the one mainly I use for online shopping, but I've found that I need to book a few days in advance to get one of the cheaper delivery slots. The Asda rewards scheme has finally been rolled out here, and I've got a bit of a fund building up there now.

Lidl also needs two buses to get to but, like Aldi, I find their prices to be competitive. I also like the middle bit and managed to pick up a Remington beard trimmer the other day. I'd been meaning to get one for some time but it's the sort of thing that I wouldn't specifically shop for.

Sainsbury's and Morrison's are much further away (Nairn and Inverness respectively) so they're definitely not on the radar as far as regular in-store shopping is concerned. I've ordered online from Sainsbury's a few times when I haven't been able to get a slot with Asda. One thing in their favour is that they offer a saver slot if you're not too fussy about a specific time window. Their Aldi price match is okay, but the last time I placed an order many of those items were out of stock.

I used to be concerned about the environmental impact of ordering from stores that were further away, and that's probably the main reason why I never tried Morrison's offering; however, having had a few conversations with Asda drivers, it's quite possible that my shopping has done a trip to the west coast and back before reaching me, so it doesn't really make any difference. At least with Sainsbury's they seem to allow you to take advantage of the fact that someone else has booked a specific time slot and offer cheaper delivery on the premise that the van is going that way anyway.

Now that I've got a car, the Coop is an option again. It's in a smaller town, but it's much quieter and I go there if I think there will be heavy traffic in Elgin. I can be there and back within half an hour if necessary. It can be quite expensive for some things, but occasionally I'll pick up a few reduced items for the freezer.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Tesco is my nearest big 4 supermarket, they're OK but I hate their dual pricing. (clubcard).

Given the choice, I'd much rather go to Sainsbury's but it's a bit further away to walk.

Only having myself to feed, I do tend to use the local Co-op for things like milk and bread.
I can understand being annoyed by the double pricing, though as I've held a clubcard for years it doesn't bother me particularly. Like yourself I'm usually shopping for one, and Tesco seem to be very much aiming for the big family shop: offers are usually multibuys rather than straight discounts- hence my annoyance at the bread situation.

There isn't a co-op near me (the nearest sizeable one is in Mirfield) but when I get chance I'll usually pick up one of their stonebaked pizzas which are particularly nice. Then again if I've gone to Mirfield I'll also call in at the Lidl. The only frustrating thing with Lidl is the rotating "theme" ranges they have, which means some of my preferred products are only in stock intermittently!

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
I'm somewhat spoiled for choice here in London - I'm about 5 minutes' cycle ride from Sainsburys and within 20 minutes' cycle ride from all of ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Iceland and Farmfoods. (I guess if I didn't cycle everywhere, my choice would be a bit more restricted :) ). I tend to shop frequently for smallish amounts, using the cycle rides for a bit of exercise. I'm also very opportunistic when it comes to buying whatever I see is on offer/particularly good value that day. That gives me loads of opportunity to compare the different supermarkets, and to my mind they all have their own strengths:

Iceland/Farmfoods - unbeatable on price for frozen food, and pretty good on crisps/sweets. Quality isn't bad too in Iceland (Farmfoods requires a bit more care).
Lidl - good for stocking up on some basics, and also has a remarkably good selection of unprocessed nuts.
ASDA - the cheapest of the 'big 4', but that does sometimes show on quality. I'll often tend to use them for branded stuff (Kelloggs, Heinz, etc.) where compared to other supermarkets, you're paying less for an identical product. They also have a couple of oddities that attract me: For some reason that I've never figured, their grapes are massively cheaper than anywhere else. They are also the only supermarket I know of that does own-brand nothing-added peanut butter at a good price, and like Lidl, they are pretty good on nuts. On the downside, round here they are by far the worst of the 'big 4' when it comes to providing cycle parking.
Morrisons - used to be good, but these days very expensive, with the exception of some good deals on loose fruit. Their in-store deli is very nice for the occasional treat, but not the kind of thing I regularly eat. Generally I only go there to see if they happen to have any good offers that week.
Tesco - OK but doesn't seem to excel at anything that interests me. Their clubcard offers can be very good but it's pretty random what might be on offer on any given day. I occasionally go there, mainly to see what random clubcard offers I can take advantage of.
Sainsburys - my go-to store because it's closest and because their in-store bakery is absolutely delicious - better than any other place I know. Not the cheapest but generally good quality, so I'm happy for that to be my default store.

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone who thinks Waitrose is expensive has never been to Whole Foods.
My local shop is a full size Waitrose so I effectively use it like a corner shop for bits and bobs, so when you consider it like that it’s actually priced very competitive. The reverse snobbery about Waitrose and its prices often makes me laugh as it usually comes from the same people who are happy to pay a higher price for a random brand from Nisa or some other estate convenience store.

I really like getting the free recipe cards and magazines from them as it’s got some really good meals to try.

ChrisC

Established Member
I don’t do so many large shops these days and so don’t go so regularly into a larger supermarket. Whenever I need to do a larger shop it is nearly always Waitrose these days and I do travel some distance every couple of months to shop there. If you are sensible about what you buy I don’t find it that more expensive than other places. For the day to day staple items it’s quite competitively priced for good quality products. Waitrose often have some very good offers and are really good at reducing fresh produce by significant amounts late afternoon and early evening. I shop at Waitrose because I like the quality and variety of their products. I also also like the layout of their shop and the friendliness of their staff. My second choice after Waitrose is probably Sainsbury's where I did used to do my main shopping many years ago.

I don’t live near to a Booths but if I did that would probably be my first choice. When my sister lived in the West of Scotland I used to call in Booths in Penrith on my way home for a meal in their cafe and to stock up on some of their great local fresh foods.

My nearest large supermarket is Tesco but I can’t stand the place. It’s been there well over 20 years and I’ve only been in about half a dozen times. I’ve occasionally shopped in Asda, Iceland and Morrison’s but I don’t really like them. I’ve never been inside an Aldi or Lidl so can’t comment on them.

For a number of years now I’ve tried to support local independent food shops for my regular day to day shopping and use the butchers/deli, bakers and greengrocers in a nearby village. For other day to day items like milk etc I use the small local village Co op, which maybe is expensive but is within 30 minutes walk. Even the Co op has some very good special offers each week.

gg1

Established Member
I used to use Morrisons a lot, but I've given up on them now. Their prices are extortionate, their stock availability is poor and basic things like having enough trolleys seem impossible due to a lack of staff. They have one member of staff covering the self-service tills, customer service desk and kiosk so you have to wait for ages if there's a problem. And they have hardly any staffed tills open so the queues are miles long. The aisles are blocked with cages of stock waiting to be put on the shelves, and by people making up Amazon orders.
The queues at the tills of our local branch are the major reason we now very rarely visit Morrisons. All the big 4 supermarkets have heavily cut back on their staffed tills but the big difference is the other 3 all offer a scan as you shop option, with Morrisons you have a choice between a lengthy wait at a staffed till or a self service till, fine for small shops but totally impractical for big shops.

We used to do the bulk of our shopping with Morrisons, now we only go once every few months and that's only because there's a handful of items none of the other big 3 supermarkets sell.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The queues at the tills of our local branch are the major reason we now very rarely visit Morrisons. All the big 4 supermarkets have heavily cut back on their staffed tills but the big difference is the other 3 all offer a scan as you shop option, with Morrisons you have a choice between a lengthy wait at a staffed till or a self service till, fine for small shops but totally impractical for big shops.

We used to do the bulk of our shopping with Morrisons, now we only go once every few months and that's only because there's a handful of items none of the other big 3 supermarkets sell.
My one criticism of Mozzers is that the staff at my local branch are at best inattentive and at worst downright rude- seemingly happy to chat amongst themselves while queues build up. In the run up to Christmas they'd taken on extra staff, and you could tell who the newbies were as they hadn't fallen into the bad habits of the longer term employees!

GS250

When I'm in Harrow it's Tesco's. However this store is shockingly under equipped when it comes to the self service checkouts. Queues can be a real problem yet they refuse to increase capacity even by two extra tills. I'll sometimes just go to Morrisons who whilst definitely more pricey have 2 more self checkouts yet I reckon half the custom.

When in Portree it's the only choice and that's CO-OP. That's as expensive as it gets mind although the quality is decent. Meat especially, is good value for what you pay.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
When I'm in Harrow it's Tesco's. However this store is shockingly under equipped when it comes to the self service checkouts. Queues can be a real problem yet they refuse to increase capacity even by two extra tills. I'll sometimes just go to Morrisons who whilst definitely more pricey have 2 more self checkouts yet I reckon half the custom.
When I go into Morrisons in Harrow (the actual one in the centre as opposed to Hatch End which is much busier despite being smaller) it’s always a ghost town, never more than about 10 other customers in there. It’s been like that since I started going there in 2018, isn’t just a recent thing. I’m surprised it’s still open.

[.n]

Anyone who thinks Waitrose is expensive has never been to Whole Foods.
Its also about where the store is based. The Whole Foods in Kensington is expensive BUT then you look at the local competition and realise that actually its pretty much the same price (for those who don't know the area, there are small local shops (super expensive) - M&S, Waitrose [and the Sainsbury Local still?]. Not really aimed at "the weekly big shop" customer. Whole Foods as with all places has some stuff at good prices, so if you the type to shop around then it can be good.

No-one has mentioned Ocado or Amazon Fresh yet [are we including online only places :) ]

WizCastro197

Established Member
For myself in Reigate/Redhill, there is either Morrison's or Sainsbury's and there is an M&S in both. Sainsbury's by far is larger therefore more stock and it has been since the redevelopment a few years ago. I only find Morrisons useful if I need Alioli as it is the only shop that still stocks it, and both baguettes from both shops are better than the likes of Co-Op.

In Redhill there is also Iceland, but I don't visit it too often so therefore I have nothing to say about it.

D6968

Tend to Alternate between Asda and Tesco, having 2 Tesco’s and 1 Asda (and an M&S food) between my home and Work I do tend to alternate a bit, Asda and Tesco are quite good for the basics, (I tend to keep an eye for what’s on deals between the two of those as well)
M&S is rather useful for a little treat every now and then, working around the corner from Mill Road in Cambridge, there’s a few independent’s I’m quite happy to use, a little bit more expensive maybe, but I don’t mind paying for a bit of one to one service.

philjo

Established Member
Our nearest supermarket is Morrisons which is about 10 minutes walk so tend to use that for day to day items.
I don’t drive so The large Sainsbury’s is harder to get to (25 mins walk or bus). My brother does a weekly shop there so gets some items for us though recently they have a tendency not to have several of the items you want in stock.

There are some items we want that are only currently available in Waitrose (Sainsbury’s or Morrisons used to stock a number of them). On days I am working in London I sometimes pop into The Waitrose behind Kings Cross before catching the train home. Also get the occasional home delivery from Waitrose.
There are some items we use where Waitrose are either same price or cheaper than Morrisons. I tend to keep and eye on the prices of our regular items in Morrisons so can check when getting items in Waitrose.

Last edited:

GS250

When I go into Morrisons in Harrow (the actual one in the centre as opposed to Hatch End which is much busier despite being smaller) it’s always a ghost town, never more than about 10 other customers in there. It’s been like that since I started going there in 2018, isn’t just a recent thing. I’m surprised it’s still open.

Yep! Very surprised this is still open although it's a pleasant place to shop as a consequence. Dare I say though, that this store was simply collateral in getting the adjacent flats approved. I get the feeling the entire site will eventually be flats.

SteveHFC

We probably get 90-95% of our shopping from Lidl - some weeks we manage to get everything we need there. Anything else is usually purchased from Tesco. We find that the quality of Lidl's products, particularly fresh, is very good and well priced.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Who cares if it's ran into the ground as long as you give out good dividends.

The new ownership of Asda seems to be wanting to do much the same thing to destroy a supermarket that had already gone downhill when owned by Wallmart.

Our local store now has almost zero trolleys, baskets or even bags. The trolleys went first, all taken home by shoppers and then dumped, so then the baskets went (they now tag them).

The bags also ran out before Christmas, because they can't order new bags until the existing ones are sold.. but they're not sold as people just take them without paying for them.

Okay, so you might say none of this is the fault of the owners but rather the dodgy customers, but it is related because they've cut staff to the bone and slashed their security staff. I expect shoplifting is through the roof (well, out the front door!).

I can only assume that these supermarkets, while pretending to care about people struggling, are actually making sufficient profits that they really don't care at all.

I gave up on Morrisons as I was sick of being made to jump out of the way of people racing to pick items on behalf of Amazon customers - and loads of empty shelves for the smaller ingredients. Now I hear the likes of Tesco are seeing more people racing to pick items and deliver in 15 minutes or less, which will no doubt cause more incidents in store and out. How long until they're coming in on bikes and riding around the aisles?!

I have always shopped around and never get too loyal to any one store, but now I am increasingly sticking to Aldi for most items and smaller stores, including Waitrose, for specific items.

If money was no object, I'd likely get everything from Waitrose as it's a very pleasant shopping experience with nice friendly staff, but I have other priorities right now.

In many ways Aldi and Waitrose are very similar in that they're usually smaller stores with a limited range of products. Both are more pleasant for making lots of regular shops, so as to buy fresh produce, than the superstores that put you off popping in for just a couple of things (and not wanting to get ripped off at Coop, Premier, One Stop or your local fuel station shop etc).

gg1

Established Member
The new ownership of Asda seems to be wanting to do much the same thing to destroy a supermarket that had already gone downhill when owned by Wallmart.

Our local store now has almost zero trolleys, baskets or even bags. The trolleys went first, all taken home by shoppers and then dumped, so then the baskets went (they now tag them).

The bags also ran out before Christmas, because they can't order new bags until the existing ones are sold.. but they're not sold as people just take them without paying for them.

Okay, so you might say none of this is the fault of the owners but rather the dodgy customers, but it is related because they've cut staff to the bone and slashed their security staff. I expect shoplifting is through the roof (well, out the front door!).
I can't say I've noticed anything like that at my local Asda branch, I wonder if what you describe could be down to a penny pinching store/area manager.

As an aside re bags, one recent annoyance is supermarkets (all of them as far as we can tell) no longer sell large hessian shopping bags. We've been using them for 10 years or so, the older ones are approaching the end of their useful life but nowhere seems to sell them anymore. Best we've seen are probably only around half the capacity of our old ones.

themeone

I shop around when I can, although never visit Waitrose as my local one closed.

Sainsbury's: You get really good offers if you sign up for SmartShop, and they're based on what you've bought before.

Morrison's: Used to be a favourite, but so expensive now. Starting to remind me of Safeway in its later years, and we all know what happened there. Morrisons Rewards seems to be a useless scheme.

Iceland: Almost useless for me, many general groceries are expensive. If you load money onto the Bonus card you get an extra £1 for each £20 loaded which is like 5% interest, and it's added immediately. Downside is you have to spend it at Iceland!

Aldi / Lidl: No complaints, they're usually cheapest though don't stock everything.

Tesco / Asda: Just OK. Asda Rewards looks like it only works if you buy a lot there.

Occasionally shop at M&S and bargain stores. Fruit and veg from M&S seems to keep well. Bargain stores are not the bargains they once were for most stuff.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Since moving to Cardiff, what with there being twenty-four Tesco stores in the city, I have become such a big fan of Tesco. It's better quality than Aldi and Lidl (in my opinion) at not much more expensive if you have a Clubcard, nicer quality than ASDA and more accessible without a car, cheaper and more variety than Sainsbury's, and I can't stand Morrisons or Co-Op.

If I want a few nicer things, I enjoy going to M&S in town, but I don't do my main food shops there anymore as Tesco works so well for me. There are four Express' (one a former Metro so quite big too) within a ten minute walk from my student house.

My first word was ASDA, just putting it out there.

pdq

The only supermarket near us that has any kind of fresh meat or fish counter is Morrisons. All the others are pre-pack only with a very limited range, whereas Morrisons has a proper butcher fishmonger on site. Had a couple of beautiful sirloins from Morrisons over Christmas, freshly cut to my request for 1" thick slices. Often get freshly filleted fish as well, again not limited to the salmon/cod/sea bass of the others. Morrisons may not be the best overall, but for this service they win my vote.
They also have the best overall cafe offering. Most of our Sainsburys cafes have closed down, Tescos isn't too bad but has a limited range and is more of somewhere to grab a snack than get an OK main meal.

Pinza-C55

I recently moved home and am now close to Morrisons , Home Bargains, Lidl and B&M.
For most things especially DIY and flat pack furniture B&M wins but Lidl has a great bakery and very cheap prices on house plants.
Morrisons has an awful pricing system where the prices are in black on a brown background with the "deal" price in large letters and the actual price in small letters with a line through it. I think the intention is that by the time you lug it to the checkout you either won't notice the price or won't bother to quibble about it.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Sainsbury's: You get really good offers if you sign up for SmartShop, and they're based on what you've bought before.

I've always felt the Sainsbury's offers printed out after you pay do more harm than good.

It's one thing to have special offers for customers, although I think Tesco is taking the mick somewhat with Clubcard pricing - having now begun to act more like a TV shopping channel and having stupid normal prices to make the clubcard price seem like a great deal.

Sainsbury's will print the vouchers post purchase, and if I've just been and done a £100 shop then I feel somewhat insulted to get a voucher for double Nectar points, or £10 off £80 that expires in about 7 days. Is that a decent reward?

Plus you have to remember to bring the vouchers and use them within that timeframe.

I'd rather get a discount in the first place.

Now I do use my phone to shop, so I can see specific deals and check prices (in Waitrose I'll sometimes be alerted to a deal that wasn't actually displayed on the shelf) but I'd prefer not to be given some sort of reward that actually feels like a punishment.

Now, there is one trick I tried; after not going to Sainsbury's for a long time, I went in and bought a single item, paid, got a bunch of vouchers and then shopped. I doubt that trick works all the time and was merely related to my lack of custom for so long. But surely they could issue me with some deals by email or even on the app to stop this nonsense.

D6130

Established Member
I've always felt the Sainsbury's offers printed out after you pay do more harm than good.
Sainsbury's will print the vouchers post purchase, and if I've just been and done a £100 shop then I feel somewhat insulted to get a voucher for double Nectar points, or £10 off £80 that expires in about 7 days. Is that a decent reward?

Plus you have to remember to bring the vouchers and use them within that timeframe
Our local Co-op does this too. It's a bit exasperating to be given a voucher for 50p off milk products when you've just bought a week's supply.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The only supermarket near us that has any kind of fresh meat or fish counter is Morrisons. All the others are pre-pack only with a very limited range, whereas Morrisons has a proper butcher fishmonger on site. Had a couple of beautiful sirloins from Morrisons over Christmas, freshly cut to my request for 1" thick slices. Often get freshly filleted fish as well, again not limited to the salmon/cod/sea bass of the others. Morrisons may not be the best overall, but for this service they win my vote.
They also have the best overall cafe offering. Most of our Sainsburys cafes have closed down, Tescos isn't too bad but has a limited range and is more of somewhere to grab a snack than get an OK main meal.
Morrisons are the only one of the "Big Four" to have retained specialist counters in most or all stores, and that's one of the reasons I prefer them to the rest. Hopefully the new owners will realise what an advantage this gives them so won't join the "race to the bottom" and get rid. I can't say I've particularly noticed that their prices have risen any more than the others, despite the posts to that effect above.

One thing I have noticed is that there are wide variations from one branch to another with almost all of the big four. For example Wakefield has two branches of Sainsbury's, the newer one at Trinity Walk is great but the older one on the other side of the city centre is a bit dowdy and run down. That one initially closed when Trinity Walk opened, but then reopened because Wakefield is such an awful city to cross by car thanks to the prison blocking a huge portion of land.

It's one thing to have special offers for customers, although I think Tesco is taking the mick somewhat with Clubcard pricing - having now begun to act more like a TV shopping channel and having stupid normal prices to make the clubcard price seem like a great deal.
Agree on the ClubCard prices thing. Tesco is the only supermarket I actually have a loyalty card for, mainly because I live so close to one- but often the offers aren't as great as they might seem on first glance. Tesco also do the printed vouchers after payment thing, but they often give me vouchers for items I've never bought before (I once had one for dog food, I've never owned a dog!), despite them having all the data about my shopping habits!

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I haven’t had printed vouchers in ages from Sainsbury’s, even when I don’t use SmartShop. If I do get something printed it’s usually either an advert for bonus Nectar points when I sign up for Sainsbury’s pet insurance, or a voucher with pictures of three of the products I’ve bought before that are priced matched to Aldi.

Iskra

Established Member
I used to be a regular Asda shopper both physically in-store and getting regular deliveries too. The pandemic changed that, when Asda failed to look after their regular delivery customers, so I cut delivery shops back to once every 4-8 weeks for bulky, heavy, cupboard, household and longlife items only. I also very rarely visit that store now as it is inconvenient for a top-up shop (it's built above its car park, so you have to get an escalator up/down and doing a lap of the store is not quick), the car park is cramped and due to its location it attracts a few characters and anti-social behaviour.

Instead, my food is now delivered weekly by HelloFresh which helps me eat better and provides more variety of dishes that I probably wouldn't normally consider. Sometimes I will have a week off and may visit one of the below stores:

- Morrisons: I'm not a fan of the layout but I like that it still has deli/fish counters- the fish one is particularly good. It also stocks my favourite beer Timothy Taylor's Boltmaker, which Asda stopped selling. I usually visit in off-peak hours so rarely find it congested, pricing seems okay.
- Aldi: I quite like it for food and value, but it always seems to be very busy and the check-out system annoys me, as someone usually doing a top-up shop and buying a few items; the lack of self-checkout is annoying as you get stuck behind people doing the weekly shop and are relying on their goodwill to let you ahead. The fresh veg however, is poor quality and rarely very fresh- I find it goes off quickly. Also, due to the smaller store size sometimes they don't have an obscure item I need.
- Iceland: I rarely buy frozen food here, but it is next door to Aldi and its fresh fruit/veg is way better quality than Aldi's although the fresh selection is fairly small for obvious reasons.
- M&S: I shop there if convenient due to working location or for the occasional treat. There is reasonable value to be found if you approach it with a sensible mindset. It is always very busy though due to being at the local huge shopping centre.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I haven’t had printed vouchers in ages from Sainsbury’s, even when I don’t use SmartShop. If I do get something printed it’s usually either an advert for bonus Nectar points when I sign up for Sainsbury’s pet insurance, or a voucher with pictures of three of the products I’ve bought before that are priced matched to Aldi.
You get them printed at the checkout after you pay. I haven't had anything sent or emailed to me that I can remember for years.

DelayRepay

Established Member

My local Morrisons had a shortage of trolleys for a few months last year. One of the staff said thieves had turned up in a van and stolen a load of them.

You get them printed at the checkout after you pay. I haven't had anything sent or emailed to me that I can remember for years.
I'm like @Mojo. Not had printed vouchers for ages, only adverts for Sainsburys Bank products. I do get reasonable offers through the SmartShop app though - a mixture of money off and extra Nectar points. Sometimes I strike lucky and get money off and Nectar points on the same product. But no printed vouchers at the till. To be honest they were always a bit of a pain as I'd forget to use them.

skyhigh

Established Member
I also haven't had any printed vouchers for months. All my offers come via the Nectar app now.