• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

RustySpoons

On the subject of 'could have beens'... Some alternative proposals for the mid life refresh of the 36 Geminis, as well as some ideas for what became the rather short lived Burnley Connect brand.106724117_903335726832341_1751589490283464392_n.jpeg106810490_903335746832339_2601909536796566923_n.jpeg106985516_903335633499017_6457605059321759143_n.jpeg107484636_903335636832350_3347367245813861493_n.jpeg75446584_903335646832349_673716215914551685_n.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

M803UYA

Indeed... it's a light-hearted post from a personal Twitter account, not something worth getting knickers in a twist over. Personally I like seeing snippets like this - at least, whatever Alex's perceived faults, he genuinely has some enthusiasm for buses.
It must be the old man in me (and I'm not even 40) but the 'me me me' mentality which comes with social media, twitter especially just grates.
I'm not interested in such things and don't go looking for them. I accept other people are, though, which is up to them.
To be honest, the bus operator that goes out there, quietly, and delivers the services customers want and has happy drivers counts for a lot more than the self congratulatory antics of some of the 'industry's best' in my book. The operator that quietly gets on with it never enters awards, feels no need to be told how wonderful they are by the industry. They just go out and run their services and keep their customers happy.
What really matters is the customer and delivering the service they want. So really hard things like buses turning up when the timetable says it will, ensuring staff turnover is minimal, having buses clean and tidy and in a consistent livery are all the customer wants.
Branding has it's place, especially on corridors and can grow the passenger journeys, but there needs to be buy in at the depot level. That is something Transdev manages to do well, but the predecessor company invented the concept of branding and applied it very successfully to grow the market.

theblackwatch

Established Member
How noticeable is a 10 minute frequency to passengers rather than a 7/8 minute frequency? Surely an extra 2 minutes wait is barely noticeable. Seems a very small price to pay for the operator to take 2 buses out of the duty with very little (if any) impact on the passengers.
Sadly, despite the reductions (which are the second), cancellations are still occurring. I turned up for the 19.40 Harrogate to Knaresborough last night and it failed to run. While the 7/8 to 10 min change may not be noticed greatly, cancellations when services are less frequent certainly are.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
To be honest, the bus operator that goes out there, quietly, and delivers the services customers want and has happy drivers counts for a lot more than the self congratulatory antics of some of the 'industry's best' in my book. The operator that quietly gets on with it never enters awards, feels no need to be told how wonderful they are by the industry. They just go out and run their services and keep their customers happy.
What really matters is the customer and delivering the service they want. So really hard things like buses turning up when the timetable says it will, ensuring staff turnover is minimal, having buses clean and tidy and in a consistent livery are all the customer wants.
Branding has it's place, especially on corridors and can grow the passenger journeys, but there needs to be buy in at the depot level. That is something Transdev manages to do well, but the predecessor company invented the concept of branding and applied it very successfully to grow the market.
The bus operator that runs a good service but doesn't promote itself won't attract new passengers.

That's s fine strategy when people don't have access to a car, but disastrous when they do.

Swimbar

Sadly, despite the reductions (which are the second), cancellations are still occurring. I turned up for the 19.40 Harrogate to Knaresborough last night and it failed to run. While the 7/8 to 10 min change may not be noticed greatly, cancellations when services are less frequent certainly are.
Two 36's running cancelled this morning from Ripon - to be fair they did post the cancellations on social media but not much use if you turn up at Ripon Bus Station to get to work.

LucyP

On Moderation
That's simply wrong. Most people "buy" a car on a lease deal now. So they have paid their "deposit" which is non-refundable, and they are paying their monthly rental, plus the road tax, insurance, servicing, if they are not included in the deal. They know how many miles they can do under the deal. So why are they going to suddenly use a bus, just because it is well, or cheesily, or naffly marketed? It means that they are paying again for transport and also paying for a car that they are not using. If you have a car then you are going to use it, at least for all your leisure travel

You might choose not to use it to commute, and fewer people commute now, but I don't think that it is marketing that makes that decision for people. Fuel costs, the cost of parking, the availability of parking close to where they work versus the cost of bus travel, the frequency of service and the proximity of the bus stop are they things that might persuade people to use the bus, but not the bus itself, because no matter how fancy the bus and the branding, it's still a bus, shared with other people and all the resulting disadvantages.

The internet is the best marketing tool for bus use. If you decide not to use your car for whatever reason, you will look up the bus service online. It's so easy to do. You can thank bustimes for that, and not any operator. That site is miles better than any operator's timetables. You look at the times, the frequency, the journey time and you decide if it suits you.

If it does, you will give the bus a try, when you don't want to/can't/shouldn't use the car and if the driver gives you hassle about the ticket you want (happened to me yesterday (not on a Transdev bus) and claims it's the incorrect ticket, and he will phone the office, even when he was wrong), or the bus is crowded and you are squashed into the window by the fat man eating some smelly food, listening to the din from the earphones of the person in front, and the schoolchildren rioting at the back, you really won't notice the slick marketing, the sunroofs, the fairylights or the fake wooden floor. You will just vow to never use the bus again.

SCH117X

Established Member
They are also publsihing on the web daily service updates
Daily service updates at Coastliner
Yesterday Thu 10th Mar 2022

Daily service updates in York

Daily service updates at Cityzap

Daily service updates in Harrogate
Today Fri 11th Mar 2022

Daily service updates at FLYER
Today Fri 11th Mar 2022

Daily service updates in Keighley
Today Fri 11th Mar 2022

Daily service updates at TeamPennine
Today Fri 11th Mar 2022

Daily service updates at Rosso
Today Fri 11th Mar 2022

Daily service updates in Burnley
Today Fri 11th Mar 2022

Daily service updates in Blackburn
Today Fri 11th Mar 2022

RustySpoons

They are also publsihing on the web daily service updates
..but stopped publishing them on Twitter. Suppose it makes it easier to have all the cancellations in one place, but it's an extra step people need to take to find cancellations. And as was the case previously not all cancellations seem to be published.

I'd have thought that by now, especially considering the reduced timetables, that the amount of cancelled journeys would be reduced by quite a lot, but if anything there seems to be more and this is despite all the extra staff that have been taken on. Incidentally the average annual earnings on the recruitment campaign have gone up an extra thousand pounds to £28k now. Only a few months ago it was 'earn up to £21k'

Are other operators still having the same issues with cancellations?

Ken H

On Moderation
Driving around Saturday and today, I see Transdev have replaced Wizz and Dalesway 66 bus stops in N Yorks with new route branded ones. The ones between Skipton and Steeton were very scruffy before and are far better now. Dont remember what was there before on the Wizz.
Some of the West Yorkshire PTE and Lancashire ones are looking decidedly scruffy now. Not the best advert for the services that serve them.

Last edited by a moderator:

RustySpoons

Interesting contrast here from a blog post by friend of the company Roger French.

A dozen best practice initiatives from Transdev Blazefield in Harrogate.
It’s not that all the initiatives highlighted below are revolutionary; indeed some are small fry in the grand scheme of things (eg printed timetable leaflets on display 24/7 in the bus station), but when they’re all put together they add up to an impressive offering that conveys a clear message – ‘we care about the presentation of our bus services and really welcome your custom’
I can't disagree with what's said, they do a lot of stuff very well. Although at the other end of the scale some of the comments paint a different picture...

A becon on how to do it? Err, let’s start off with unreliable journeys despite many timetable changes to reflect driver shortages. The 36 had a whopping 9 journeys cancelled from Leeds yesterday despite the reduced timetable aiming to stamp this out. Service 1 still saw cancelled buses despite it’s very recent timetable change due to driver shortages! For several months now, Service 36 has been the biggest joke going when it comes to reliability, yesterday mid to late afternoon two missed journeys led to the next being rammed and running late, that ain’t a becon on how to do things is it!

Then you’ve got the issue of notifications on cancelled journeys only appearing on Twitter, not everyone wishes to sign up to Twitter (I don’t) and the stupid and quite frankly money grabbing American owners of Twitter only let you see so many before telling you to sign up! If the message for your journey appears beyond the first few, you don’t see it. The absolute common sense approach of listing cancelled journeys on the web site, FOR EVERYONE TO BLOODY SEE, should have blazed out like a becon right from the frigging start.

Don’t you just love it when someone points out how faultless a bus company really is, then is corrected by an actual daily user?

Though with regards to the cancelled journeys appearing on Twitter, they don't anymore and are indeed listed on the website as mentioned in a previous post on here. Not as easy to find, and not as up to date as they should be as there's still missing journeys that aren't publicised. The downside is that the company Twitter feeds now just seem to be endless recruitment campaigns and PR about how good they are.

Transdev are undoubtedly doing a lot of things very well, especially around the marketing and branding, although I don’t think the operational reality is always quite as rosy as you make out!

Reliability across their network has been really poor recently, with reduced timetables on the 1ABCD, 36 and 662 coming and going, and large numbers of cancellations every day on both frequent and infrequent services. (What I don’t know is whether Transdev’s reliability is worse than other operators’, or whether they are just more open about it).

Given the battles that have been raging on several times about Transdev covering up Connexions’ timetables at bus stops, I’m not sure it’s entirely fair to say that they are happy to promote competitors’ services!

They do ooze quality but you pay for it through the nose! About 2 years ago now I got the 36 from Ripon to Harrogate and a single was nearly £8!I think that outside of the Lake District it’s the most expensive per distance bus fare I can remember.

Single/Return fares are expensive, though the DayTripper tickets do offer quite spectacular value for money depending on the journey you're making, especially if you're in a group.

This isn’t best practice. Its called doing the basics. Sadly there seems to be a blind spot to Transdev though. They have been atrocious over the last few months at basic nunber 1….getting buses out the yard to make run out.

No amount of Best Impression magic can solve that one
They seemed to be foccused on nice to have such as wifi and apps whilst the bus services itself suffers

I personally feel too much praise is given by friends of the company/management which is treated as gospel. You'll never get Stenning publicly complaining about the Burnley Dart with the Burnley Football Club contravision over the windows, nor will he complain about the unbranded B10 with differing shades of white panels. Yet if these vehicles were operating with Arriva he'd be retweeting pictures saying it's disgusting and it's treating passengers like second class citizens or some other over the top remark.

It must be the old man in me (and I'm not even 40) but the 'me me me' mentality which comes with social media, twitter especially just grates.
I'm not interested in such things and don't go looking for them. I accept other people are, though, which is up to them.

There's a balance. I never understand why someone would want to share their holiday pictures or photos of their friends all looking like they're having a great time on a night out. Just seems like a massive attention grab to show people you're having a good time instead of actually having a good time. Same with the endless positive PR companies put out.

Given the choice between the company that just gets on with it versus the one that's always shouting about how great it is with the sycophants blindly agreeing I'll go with the former, the latter just turns into a circle jerk and the problems and issues just get swept under the carpet.

However in this day and age the company that just gets on with it doesn't move forward. You need the social media presence and you do need to publicly advertise the services you offer. Using the Witch Way as an example. With no promotion it just looks like a bus to the majority. It looks nice, granted, but you'd have no idea of the amazing (fully aware that word gets overused) interior comfort or the features it offers. You'd also have no idea of the fares or special offers. But I do agree that you don't need to see endless posts about it, or that (apparently) 9 in 10 journeys are still operating, or how a bus driver used to work in a petrol station. I'd much rather see accurate and up to date posts about late or missing journeys, something that is still an issue and the reason I've not used the bus for a while now.

TLDR - Transdev are very good, but there are still lots of issues stopping them from being very very good.

Andyh82

Established Member
First Bradford have recently introduced a new batch of double decks, the first for 6 years. I think there was one post announcing it meaning they’ve gone completely under the radar. They also never tweet any service cancellations so nobody knows about them unless they are directly effected. Presumably this is the sort of company quietly getting along with it, that Transdev should aspire to.

gc4946

I don't check Twitter for cancellations, but consult Harrogate Bus Co's routemaps (primarily their 7) to find out in real time where their allocated buses are located on the route and deduce from that if any are cancelled

Established Member
Rosso looks to be a bit of a disaster area.

The cancellations today include the last two trips in both directions on the 67 between Nelson and Clitheroe, so the last departure from Clitheroe would have been at 16:08 rather than the published 18:33. This should be completely unacceptable for a tendered service paid for by local taxpayers. If this is a common issue (and given the performance across the company as a whole I expect it is) the council need to find another operator pronto.

Listing those tenders on the Rosso page is useless anyway - if the bus is orange and runs in the Burnley and Pendle area why isn't it on the Burnley site?! The average punter is not checking the details of VOSA registrations.

RustySpoons

The cancellations today include the last two trips in both directions on the 67 between Nelson and Clitheroe, so the last departure from Clitheroe would have been at 16:08 rather than the published 18:33. This should be completely unacceptable for a tendered service paid for by local taxpayers. If this is a common issue (and given the performance across the company as a whole I expect it is) the council need to find another operator pronto.

Listing those tenders on the Rosso page is useless anyway - if the bus is orange and runs in the Burnley and Pendle area why isn't it on the Burnley site?! The average punter is not checking the details of VOSA registrations.
From what I've heard it does seem to be a regular occurrence with that journey. It's not as though other services can be used as an alternative due to the villages it serves.

And you raise another issue that comes from having services registered to another subsidiary. An enthusiast may know to look under the Rosso page for a service operating in the Ribble Valley using Ribble branded buses in Burnley colours with absolutely zero branding for Rosso, but how would a passenger?

First Bradford have recently introduced a new batch of double decks, the first for 6 years. I think there was one post announcing it meaning they’ve gone completely under the radar. They also never tweet any service cancellations so nobody knows about them unless they are directly effected. Presumably this is the sort of company quietly getting along with it, that Transdev should aspire to.

I'd like to see a return to good old fashioned PR as well as not over the top self promotion online. In the pre Transdev era you'd regularly see a spotless X43 branded Plaxton President or Mainline B10BLE in Burnley town centre on a busy Saturday getting lots of attention from passers by. It still happened up until Covid put a stop to it whenever new vehicles were introduced. I remember the Starship Versas getting a lot of attention when they were launched, as did the Witch Way B9s and even the Burnley Connect Streetlites. The last one I remember was the Mainline Versas, but they were quite unlucky with the weather there... Guess what I'm saying is that this sort of promo shouldn't just be restricted to new vehicle launches. Any big event whether it's a local fair, festival, etc should be a perfect time for a bit of promo.

Andyh82

Established Member
Yet again I’m puzzled why all these sorts of discussions always end up in this Transdev thread. Discussions about the state of the industry seem to always gravitate here for some reason. It really is quite strange.

You can’t say anything positive online unless every single thing about the service is perfect seems to be the rule, hence Transdev fail this, but First and Arriva don’t, as their service isn’t perfect, and they also never promote anything about their service either.

SCH117X

Established Member
I was slightly surprised by Roger Frenchs article as to some extent it repeated earlier postings by him, re the Electrics in particular. His twitter feed fetaured his visit and on the basis of that I thought an article on the Route1/X1 competition could have been forthcoming. There are some amusing comments on their concerning the standard of branding used by Connexions.

The fact that first two 3's in Harrogate this morning (actually 36s) were cancelled was the subject of a few tweets today on the back of a rewteet by Alex Hornby of a customers praise for Team Pennine. It seems that although those 36s obviously continue to Leeds the 3 section is undertaken by the same driver. Alex offered the complainant a refund of their taxi fare and reacted positively to the suggestion that Route1 workings should have been cancelled instead; that then raises an issue of them often cancelling the once a hour 1D, an extension of the 1C serving a new housing development where its hardly going to attract custom by having a 2 or 3 hour gap in service

Andyh82

Established Member
I do find Roger French (and Ray Stenning as well) a bit biased, seeing things they want to see and ignoring things they don’t want to see.

A recent post where he visited Halifax - A scruffy First Halifax bus was highlighted as hardly being a great advert for the customer, despite the fact that Team Pennine buses in Tiger livery are equally scruffy. The latter could be argued as work in progress and to give them a bit of leeway, but then First Halifax are also introducing a new livery, also noted in the blog, which might be why some buses are overdue a repaint, but no leeway was given here.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I do find Roger French (and Ray Stenning as well) a bit biased, seeing things they want to see and ignoring things they don’t want to see.
Indeed - Transdev do the stuff that Roger likes and there's obviously personal friendships.

I guess my puzzlement is that you have some individuals who look to have a pop at Transdev, usually with a reference to #amazing this and that. The gambit really is this... How do you gauge Transdev?

Do you look at the promo activity (and Alex's self promo tweets) and then pick out how the reality doesn't match the promotion? That seems to be the approach of many critics. And to be fair, some of that criticism is warranted - pushing out positive tweets when journeys are being cancelled does display a bit of a tin ear. Likewise, indulging in the competitive behaviour with Team Pennine when they couldn't run their existing registrations.

Conversely, travel on Transdev and then compare to the neighbouring operators - Diamond, First West Yorkshire, Arriva Yorkshire, Connexions. It isn't all fur coat - the operations are generally better. However, having courted publicity, they do attract more scrutiny.

peterblue

I think there is also some tension between locals (who use the service daily) and enthusiasts (who are just riding for the sake of it; and can easily plan and have backup options if things go awry). The former group, presumably, must find it irritating seeing endless PR campaigns and publicity retweets on social media but no actual service information or diversion/cancellation updates. The social media teams (and Alex) also have a habit of ignoring criticism and instead retweeting/publicising positive trip reports by one-off visitors.

Of course, they're not perfect and they're faced with the same challenges that all bus companies are facing right now - declining ridership, lack of drivers, etc. But if you would compare Transdev with neighbouring companies, I would say they generally do things a lot better.

Ashly_Jethro

Of course, they're not perfect and they're faced with the same challenges that all bus companies are facing right now - declining ridership, lack of drivers, etc. But if you would compare Transdev with neighbouring companies, I would say they generally do things a lot better.
I agree, they’re not perfect but then again, who is? But as you say, they do a damn sight better than their neighbouring competitors and are evidently trying their best. Not all operators do. Does that make them the best? I guess nobody will truly know, I know others out there him high like they do and preform just as well, but it is know that Blazefield has a long history of leading the industry and still does. Not to say some other operators don’t do certain aspects better cause they may well do. So yes, Transdev certainly has its flaws but nothing really to deserve some of the criticism it receives. At the end of the day they’re doing there best and constantly trying to improve and that’s something worth admiring in my book.

RustySpoons

The £1 after 7pm flat fare is extended through Spring and Summer.

There are no plans to reintroduce the night-X43 services back from Manchester too, be interesting to see if they'll make a return especially whilst the £1 fare offer is ongoing.

RM-Taylor

A recent post where he visited Halifax - A scruffy First Halifax bus was highlighted as hardly being a great advert for the customer, despite the fact that Team Pennine buses in Tiger livery are equally scruffy. The latter could be argued as work in progress and to give them a bit of leeway, but then First Halifax are also introducing a new livery, also noted in the blog, which might be why some buses are overdue a repaint, but no leeway was given here.
Roger French's grandson is (or was) employed in a managerial role at Transdev HQ in Harrogate.

Edit - an online search would show that he has now moved on to a different company which RF knows a lot more about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
The £1 after 7pm flat fare is extended through Spring and Summer.

There are no plans to reintroduce the night-X43 services back from Manchester too, be interesting to see if they'll make a return especially whilst the £1 fare offer is ongoing.
That's a shame. That would have come in very useful tomorrow for a trip I'm no longer taking as Manchester hotels are silly money but a 20 mile taxi ride would have been worth it. A 50 mille taxi ride from Manchester, not so much.

GNERman

Established Member
One that caught me out this morning - from 10th April CityZap Leeds - York has gone hourly, vice the standard half-hourly timetable.

Transdev stating that "many of our routes have shown a good level of recovery since the extended lockdown periods, however the return of customers back to Cityzap has been slower", however they do also state that they hope it's a temporary change.

First bus from Leeds now not until 0820, so no pre-0900 arrival in York anymore unfortunately.

Further details: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/cityzap/were-making-some-changes-our-timetable-10-april

Established Member
One that caught me out this morning - from 10th April CityZap Leeds - York has gone hourly, vice the standard half-hourly timetable.

Transdev stating that "many of our routes have shown a good level of recovery since the extended lockdown periods, however the return of customers back to Cityzap has been slower", however they do also state that they hope it's a temporary change.

First bus from Leeds now not until 0820, so no pre-0900 arrival in York anymore unfortunately.

Further details: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/cityzap/were-making-some-changes-our-timetable-10-april
Also changes at Harrogate, Blackburn and Rosso including large changes in Rochdale and expanding out to Oldham. Team Pennine's 83, 83A, 84 and 84A will also become the Denby Darts D2 and D3 from the 16th May.

We're making some changes to our timetables​

1 week ago Thu 31st Mar 2022

We're making some further temporary changes to our timetables to improve our reliability during the ongoing national shortage of drivers affecting bus and rail operators up and down the country.
This will allow us to deliver a more certain level of service, as well as giving us the opportunity to train and recruit new colleagues. You will have noted we have increased our wages to new recruits and our team at The Academy have welcomed many more new drivers into our company in recent weeks. We thank you for bearing with us during this time - we’ll be back to full power again soon!

10th April​

Harrogate Electrics 2A - Harrogate to Bilton Dene Park
The Sunday timetable will run every hour, with first and last journeys staying the same. Monday to Saturday times will remain as now.
Harrogate Electrics 2B - Harrogate to Bilton The Knox
The Sunday timetable will change with the first bus from Harrogate at 9.50am, and the last bus at 5.50pm. Monday to Saturday times will remain as now.
Harrogate Electrics 3 - Harrogate to Jennyfield
The Saturday timetable will run every 30 minutes and on Sundays we’ll run every hour. First and last journey times will remain the same. Monday to Friday times will remain as now.
Harrogate Electrics 6 - Harrogate to Pannal Ash
The Sunday timetable will change with the first trip from Harrogate at 9.25am and last bus at 6.25pm.
7 - Harrogate to Wetherby then Leeds
The Saturday timetable will change to run every hour with first and last journey times remaining the same. Monday to Friday and Sunday times will remain similar to now.
The 36 - Leeds to Harrogate and Ripon
The Sunday timetable will change to run every 30 mins from Leeds to Harrogate and on to Ripon. Monday to Saturday times will remain the same as now.
V22 - Ripon to Boroughbridge High School
We will no longer be running the V22. Customers who used this service to get to school should instead take The 36 to Ripon bus station, then the 22 to Boroughbridge High School

16 April​

59 - Skipton to Harrogate
Our Saturday 59 journeys will be running 5 minutes later than they do now to improve the link with Pendle Wizz.
There are no further changes at the moment.
We will link to the new temporary timetables here as soon as they are ready.

From 17 April we're making some changes to our Blackburn timetables.

Buses will still run as regularly, though travel times have changed to help us improve reliability throughout the journey - reducing the number of cancellations on the day, meaning you’ll have much more certainty in travelling with us across the network.

Timetables will be available to view here shortly.

The 1 - Blackburn to Darwen, then Bolton

We're making changes to our timetable to improve reliability. We will also no longer be running the Saturday journeys at 8.55am from Blackburn to Darwen and the 4.23pm from Darwen to Blackburn

2 - Blackburn to Chorley

We're making changes to our timetable to improve reliability.

4 - Blackburn to Leyburn Road

We're making changes to our timetable to improve reliability. We will also be removing the Saturday morning journeys at 7.25am and 7.55am and replacing them with a journey at 7.40am

6 & 6A, 7 & 7A - Blackburn to Great Harwood then Accrington

We're making changes to our timetable to improve reliability. We're also adding a new evening journey to our Monday to Saturday timetable, from Blackburn to Accrington at 10.03pm on the 6

We're also adding a new evening journey to our Monday to Saturday timetable, from Accrington to Blackburn at 10.38pm on the 7

We're also removing a Monday to Saturday evening journey, the 6 at 10.10pm from Accrington to Blackburn.

There will be a new Saturday evening journey on the 6 at 6.25pm from Blackburn, replacing the 6.15pm and 6.35pm journeys

Valleyline - Clitheroe to Blackburn, then Shadsworth

We're making changes to our timetable to improve reliability. We're also changing the time of one of our Monday to Friday Blackburn to Clitheroe afternoon journey. Instead of 2.55pm, it will leave Blackburn at 2.50pm.

Red Express - Manchester to Ramsbottom then Haslingden and Accrington

We're making changes to our timetable due to driver availability. This will improve the reliability and reduce the need for regular cancellations.

95 - St Wilfrid's CEHS

We will no longer be running the 95 from 17 April

Changes in Rochdale and Bury from 24 April

We are making some changes to buses in Rochdale and Bury from Sunday 24th April following a renewed partnership with Transport for Greater Manchester.

TfGM will help fund more evening and Sunday buses, some new links between Milnrow and Littleborough and to jobs at Kingsway and Stakehill business parks. Ten low emission, refreshed buses are joining our fleet for our Rochdale and Oldham routes. We will be running fewer school buses with some replaced by the new routes below, and others replaced by different operators. TfGM and your school will have details of these changes.

Lakeline

We are simplifying our daytime times and routes so the buses which currently run as the 456 will instead run as the 458, meaning you’ll have a bus every 30 minutes through Stubley and Hollingworth Lake. Stubley will now be served by the R5 which runs to Littleborough, Milnrow and Rochdale. Evening and Sunday 458 will still run every hour. Customers for school bus 857 from Stansfield to Wardle Academy will now use the 458 instead – it will run to Shore and Stansfield at school times.

Lakeline 457 will still run hourly for now, while we continue to recruit more drivers. We hope to get back to running every 30 mins soon. We will also run every hour in the evening and on Sunday – this serves Shore and Stansfield instead of the 458.

Trax

There are a few small changes to the evening and Sunday timetable on Trax with a through bus to Rochdale at 2306 Monday to Saturday and 2310 on Sunday. Sunday morning 468 buses will leave Rochdale at 7am and 8am then bus every half hour (combined 467/468, as now) after that. From Bury we leave at 0745, then at 0845, and then a bus every 30 mins after that.

Bury Bolts

B1 – there are minor changes to times on the B1 – the new timetable will be here soon.

B2 – we will now run an evening bus at 2110 from Bury and Sunday buses from Nangreaves at 1132, 1333, 1532 and 1733 and from Bury at 1110, 1310, 1510 and 1710.

B4 – the route will change and will now serve Fern Grove giving links from there to and from Fairfield Hospital. We will also run evening and Sunday buses too.

There are minor changes to times, and we will run every hour on Sundays and every two hours in the evening too.

Rochdale Runners

There are big changes here as follows..

R1 Syke there are minor changes to the timetable – we still run hourly all day every day

R2 Rochdale, Norden, Heywood and Bury – extra early morning and teatime trips introduced

R3/R13 Wallbank – we are simplifying these so we serve Shawclough Way, Paton Street and Bentley Street all the time. All buses will show R3. A new hourly evening bus will run Rochdale to Healey Corner every day. Sunday daytime buses will still run hourly to Wallbank. The 737am bus from Healey Corner will run to St Cuthbert’s School with a double decker and replaces school bus 867. It returns at 3pm.

Buses to Milnrow, Shaw and High Crompton

These buses are completely revised to give an improved every 20 minute timetable from Milnrow to Rochdale. Our R4, R5, 435 and First’s 408 are replaced by new R4, R5, R9 and R10.

· Bus R4 will run every hour Monday to Saturdayduring the day to Leyfield Road and The Cray, Milnrow, Sycamore Drive, Newhey and Peppermint Bridge

· Bus R5 will run every hour and brings back the old 452 bus. This will run on Rochdale Road to Milnrow, Wellington Street and Hurstead Road then to Smithybridge, Stubley and Littleborough

· The R9 and R10 are circulars replacing the 408 and 435. The R9 follows the 408 from Rochdale through Milnrow and Newhey to Buckstones and Shaw then the 435 route through High Crompton and Turf Hill back to Rochdale. Use the R10 in the opposite direction.

· Evenings and Sundays the R9 will run hourly Rochdale to Milnrow, Buckstones and Shaw and the R10 run hourly the other way.

Bus R6 will also link Milnrow – see below for more detail

New Buses to get you to work at Kingsway Business Park

To replace locallink we will run two new bus routes to Kingsway Bus Park. New R6 will start at Milnrow Kiln Drive, serve Ladyhouse, Kingsway Business Park and Rochdale town centre. It runs hourly all day every day, though early and late trips won’t serve Ladyhouse

The R7 will be changed so it runs into Kingsway Business Park, after Morrisons, before running to Kirkholt and Castleton. It is extended from there to Stakehill Business Park, Boarshaw and Middleton. Buses will run all day every day with new early morning, evening and Sunday trips.

R8 Norden – there are changes to times, with a bus every hour all day every day

New for Oldham

We’ll also run in the Oldham area for the first time.

402 and 403

We will start operating the 402 which links Oldham, Royal Oldham Hospital, Fitton Park, Royton, High Crompton, Shaw and Buckstones. This replaces the current 402 and part of the 408. We run every hour Monday to Saturday and will include school time trips to North Chadderton High School and Crompton House school. Our friends at Nexus Move will run the evening and Sunday buses. You can check the new 402 timetable here

The 403 will be changed to run from Oldham through Higginshaw, Heyside, Royton and Shaw to Rushcroft and High Crompton. It runs every hour Monday to Saturday. You can check the new 403 timetable here

More flights on Denby Darts from 16 May​

4 days ago Fri 8th Apr 2022

From Monday 16 May, Denby Darts D2 and D3 will replace the 83, 83A, 84 and 84A buses between Denby Dale and Huddersfield. Buses will be bright pink in our Denby Darts identity, with new seating, free WiFi, USB power and ‘next stop’ talking bus info on board – as well as being ultra-low emission, meaning we’ll all be doing our bit to help clean up the air.
Denby Darts D2 will run through Lower Cumberworth, Shepley replacing the 84, then to Kirkburton and Lepton as the 83 does now.
Denby Darts D3 will call at Upper Denby, Shepley, then fast along Penistone Road to Waterloo and into Huddersfield.
They will each run every two hours, combining to run every hour in most places.
Note we will run through Lepton at new times so please check the new timetable as there will be minor changes at other points too.
Top tip - buses switch routes in Denby Dale so you can get on a D3 in Upper Denby in either direction and travel through to Huddersfield!
Your new timetable will be posted here soon.

RustySpoons

They said the withdrawal of the late X43s would only be temporary, but accidentally revealed to an enquiry on Twitter that there are no plans to bring them back.

Must say I'm surprised that recovery has been slow for CityZap, especially considering the massive investment it's recently had.