• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport For Wales Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Gtraincrew

What does the refurb involve? Has TfW actually started to make good on their franchise commitment to replace the aircon system on the 158s yet?

If you want to have a nosey inside one:

Granted, it's not a very good vid but at least you can see what's changed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rhydgaled

Established Member
If you want to have a nosey inside one:

Granted, it's not a very good vid but at least you can see what's changed.
Thanks for that, looks pretty good. Shame I cannot remember what the seating plan was like before; I notice at least one table bay (the first one on the right in the second coach) is aligned with a window pillar. Is that something that's changed or have they been that way since the ATW refurb?

This refurb is basically seat covers and carpets and a general refresh off the interior.
The air-con project is ongoing at Machynlleth i believe altough im fairly sure its a re-gas and overhaul of the system rather than full replacement..
I've now had a look at the fleet data tables and it appears that the spec is "Refurbishment of HVAC system to provide fully functioning air conditioning" so it seems you are correct that it's not being replaced. I hope it works, "fully functioning air conditioning" sounds good.

sd0733

Established Member
There is a path in for 175101 to return from Widnes this evening. 175116 should be heading in for refurb.

cl19

Photo evidence of 116 heading to Widnes ahead of my train back to MouldsworthC2119E76-1405-4A37-994D-FC957F248022.jpegC2119E76-1405-4A37-994D-FC957F248022.jpeg

hobbm013

List on Page 39 updated with status' of 153327, 158822, 175101, 175116, 230006, 769421 and 769452

As usual, big thanks to everyone for their contributions in keeping the list up-to-date

ValleyLines142

Established Member
153362 now in new livery, left Landore for Canton yesterday

Are you sure? I'm sure I've just seen it poking out of Landore? Unless there's another 153 there.

The ex GWR and EMT ones aren’t being refurbished as they are being withdrawn at the end of the year.

All of the ex-GWR ones have been refurbished. 153361 was the last I believe.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Are you sure? I'm sure I've just seen it poking out of Landore? Unless there's another 153 there.

All of the ex-GWR ones have been refurbished. 153361 was the last I believe.

Definitely 153362. Photographic evidence on Facebook passing through Pontyclun

mspljd1990

Is it me or do the 175s in the old ATW livery now look outdated? The new TFW livery looks so much smarter on them. Also they all seem to be a little unclean on the outside!

I was on one today travelling from Manchester Airport to Piccadilly and noticed that there were lilac purple plastic panels along the interior - is this a hangover from the FNW days?

221101 Voyager

Established Member
Is it me or do the 175s in the old ATW livery now look outdated? The new TFW livery looks so much smarter on them. Also they all seem to be a little unclean on the outside!

I was on one today travelling from Manchester Airport to Piccadilly and noticed that there were lilac purple plastic panels along the interior - is this a hangover from the FNW days?
They do indeed look dated.
With regards to the panels I would say they are FNW as I've seen ex-FCC trains with pinky purple ish panels still so it's a safe assumption.

See this shot of an ex-FNW 175 here with said panels and even seats!

mspljd1990

They do indeed look dated.
With regards to the panels I would say they are FNW as I've seen ex-FCC trains with pinky purple ish panels still so it's a safe assumption.

See this shot of an ex-FNW 175 here with said panels and even seats!

Thought as much - definitely more of a First colour than an Arriva colour!

Amazed they've kept them for 16 years.

krus_aragon

Established Member
Thought as much - definitely more of a First colour than an Arriva colour!

Amazed they've kept them for 16 years.
Until ATW did a comprehensive refurbish of their 158s (around the time they were fitted with ERTMS, so ~2010), they still had the dark/light blue stripe of Regional Railways along the underside of the luggage racks!

_toommm_

Established Member
Until ATW did a comprehensive refurbish of their 158s (around the time they were fitted with ERTMS, so ~2010), they still had the dark/light blue stripe of Regional Railways along the underside of the luggage racks!

Same with Northern - the stripes lived on into 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.