• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Stations more than one change from London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon1200

Established Member
You can get to London from Stranraer, Barrhill, Girvan and Maybole with 1 change but the other way round travelling from London is only possible with 2 changes

Maybole and Girvan have one direct train from Glasgow Central, 1A22 1712 via Kilmarnock, but you are right about the stations beyond Girvan.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MarlowDonkey

In peak hours the Maidenhead to Marlow hourly shuttle splits to become a half hourly service. So Maidenhead to Bourne End, walk round to the other platform, then Bourne End to Marlow. Time of day and connections permitting, less than an hour to or from Paddington. There are no longer any through trains from Paddington, to or from the branch.

flitwickbeds

I can't see any services from Machynlleth or Dovey Junction to London, so therefore every station on the Pwllheli line requires two changes - one at MCN/DVY, and one at Shewsbury/Wolverhampton/Birmingham

PTR 444

Established Member
I can't see any services from Machynlleth or Dovey Junction to London, so therefore every station on the Pwllheli line requires two changes - one at MCN/DVY, and one at Shewsbury/Wolverhampton/Birmingham
Are there no longer through trains from Pwllheli to Birmingham?

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Usually there are daily services from Pwllheli through to Birmingham New Street / Birmingham international. From there, you can get trains direct to London Euston.

flitwickbeds

Are there no longer through trains from Pwllheli to Birmingham?

Usually there are daily services from Pwllheli through to Birmingham New Street / Birmingham international. From there, you can get trains direct to London Euston.
Ah, I was looking for tomorrow as I assumed a non-bank holiday in the summer would be the best date to search for. Looking again, there are direct services to Brum today (bank holiday Monday) but tomorrow and Wednesday, at least, service is only to and from Machynlleth.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Ah, I was looking for tomorrow as I assumed a non-bank holiday in the summer would be the best date to search for. Looking again, there are direct services to Brum today (bank holiday Monday) but tomorrow and Wednesday, at least, service is only to and from Machynlleth.
That's because of the planned Barmouth Bridge repairs. Be lots of places that (temporarily) have longer journey times and more changes needed, as well, when there's engineering work on.

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
The trains often split/join at Machynlleth, and run Birmingham International - Shrewsbury - Machynlleth (Split) - Aberystwyth/Phllheli

Status
Not open for further replies.