• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Stations that don't get a mention here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
I wonder if, as a community, we have covered every station in our threads (not including the quiz section!). If you do feel that there is somewhere we rarely talk about, if ever, such as Kempston Hardwick where I spent the night at last weekend for example, give it a mention.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

herschell

Don't know if you mention my home station of Montrose and the next station south Arbroath very often

Rapidash

Hmm.Looks like all stations in Devon are regulars on here, even Exton and Polsloe Bridge! I blame the grockles, personally ;)

Requeststop

Sandplace, Causeland, St. Keyne Wishing Well Halt (Looe Valley Line)

Sandplace, Causeland, St. Keyne Wishing Well Halt must have been mentioned in "Stations with lowest passenger numbers" threads.
One station that I have never seen mentioned is Moreton (Merseyside). I've seen Moreton mentioned but only as an adjunct to the proposed station at Town Meadow (Moreton) but never Moreton station in its own right.
My interest in Moreton is that my Great grandmother hailed from near the station.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
One station that I have never seen mentioned is Moreton (Merseyside). I've seen Moreton mentioned but only as an adjunct to the proposed station at Town Meadow (Moreton) but never Moreton station in its own right.
My interest in Moreton is that my Great grandmother hailed from near the station.
It has been mentioned at least 38 times as Moreton Merseyside, with more mentions, potentially up to 124 times, although some of those will be mentioning a different Morton and Merseyside in another context.
... PortLethen, surely they're hardly mentioned
Portlethen was only mentioned 242 times, which I agree is "hardly ever" given the size of the forum and that we have almost 2 million posts. It only gets mentioned roughly every 8200 posts.

cuccir

Established Member
It has been mentioned at least 38 times as Moreton Merseyside, with more mentions, potentially up to 124 times, although some of those will be mentioning a different Morton and Merseyside in another context.

Portlethen was only mentioned 242 times, which I agree is "hardly ever" given the size of the forum and that we have almost 2 million posts. It only gets mentioned roughly every 8200 posts.

Although those include the quiz forum, which the OP did say we could exclude. Portlethen appears 41 times via the forum search. I can beat that with 27 mentions for Roose (edit - and I reckon that I'm responsible for a good half dozen of those :) ). Of course, this thread is nicely self-defeating for this!

I guess what we want are the second or third stations of medium sized towns, on quiet lines, without any notable service pattern or other feature.

Edit-
Ah: realized that the forum search is not useful for multiword stations!

Last edited:

Liam

Established Member
Priesthill and Darnley has been mention 4 times, outwith the quiz forum.

ASharpe

I don't think Billingham gets much of a mention.

I've definitely mentioned Billingham in a few posts, but not since the timetable change in May. Doesn't connect well enough with the TPE trains in a morning any more so I just get a taxi from Thornaby now.

Status
Not open for further replies.