• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Stations that don't get a mention here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
Who wants to play Pointless?

Station 3: Cookham (31)
Station 2: Cuxton (39)
Station 1: Morar (23)

Last edited:

Veteran Member
Should we not be playing Mornington Crescent? ☺

Can't make the search work off my tablet tonight so apologies if it has been mentioned.

Last edited:

thenorthern

Established Member
Which large station (used by more than 1,000,000 passengers per year) is mentioned the least one here?

Just short of 1 Million is Livingston North which I rarely see mentioned as well as the two Bradford Stations and Shipley I have only seen mentioned a couple of times.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Six Mile Bottom - perhaps it's my limited search skills, but only one two previous mentions?

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
Six Mile Bottom - perhaps it's my limited search skills, but only one two previous mentions?

I'll be honest, I forgot that one existed.

I like this thread idea - long may it continue.

Copplestone - 18 mentions (including this post).
Chapelton - 19 mentions.
Lapford - 19 mentions.

Last edited:

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Belfast Great Victoria street and other stations in Northern Ireland do not seem to get mentioned despite it being RailforumsUK.
Why is this? It's not because the network is unconnected as Isle of Wright and some cut of heritage lines are mentioned. And it's the only government owned railway other than the TfL ones, Scotrail franchise and Eurostar.

Last edited by a moderator:

thenorthern

Established Member
Belfast Great Victoria street and other stations in Northern Ireland do not seem to get mentioned despite it being RailforumsUK.
Why is this? It's not because the network is unconnected as Isle of Wright and some cut of heritage lines are mentioned. And it's the only government owned railway other than the TfL ones, Scotrail franchise and Eurostar.

Northern Ireland railways are completely different from Great Britain ones, for a start the gauge but also the ticketing, ownership, infrastructure, management and regulation is completely different from Great Britain. Its essentially a railway network from another country.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Indeed, one of the most bizarre rules on this Forum is that Northern Irish railway matters officially belong in the UK Discussion forum, not the International one alongside Irish matters. It's infrequently mentioned on the basis that very, very little ever happens over there that is worthy of debate.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
In what respect does the ScotRail franchise count as a government owned railway?

The franchise is decided by the Scottish government. It was a mistake I made.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Northern Ireland railways are completely different from Great Britain ones, for a start the gauge but also the ticketing, ownership, infrastructure, management and regulation is completely different from Great Britain. Its essentially a railway network from another country.
In that case, the Glasgow Subway in a different guage, and all those other things. Does that mean I couldn't have added Partick?

Strat-tastic

Established Member
When I had reason to foray deep into the Rhondda Valley, I'd sometimes get a lift from Cardiff and was intrigued by this strange station. On one side of it is a cliff, on the other is an A road with no pedestrian access which separates it from the town. There is emergency access at street level, the station is accessed through a subway.

It took a while to suss that out the first time I needed to use the station when I stayed in a nearby hotel visiting my daughter at the Uni in Pontypridd. :)

Manorbier

Ahem... ;)

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
It took a while to suss that out the first time I needed to use the station when I stayed in a nearby hotel visiting my daughter at the Uni in Pontypridd. :)

Ahem... ;)

Poor eyesight could be a reason why we don't notice the cliff edges too well.

Should let me off on the poetic licence exemption regarding trios though.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I agree, Overpool isn't mentioned much, but I am certain I have mentioned it before, but I don't think anybody else has! I will have a look later and see.

Looking at google, it has been mentioned many times, not Quizzes and Games, about 30.

Chetnole
Yetminster
Thornford

All on the Heart of Wessex Line and dont see them mentioned much.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
Thorpe Culvert doesn't seem to attract much attention and can't say I've heard much crowing about Warblington either.

Status
Not open for further replies.