• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick82

I have to say I agree, surely statistics would state at least one of us on this forum would of been successful, and that not one single person has had no contact from DB Tyne & Wear indicate that the process is not over and no one has been accepted for the interview stage as off yet.

Well this is my logic, they say no news is good news...lol not were i am sitting. The future is bright, the future is DB Tyne & Wear.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

harrysno1dad

They've had loads of applications - I don't think anyone is going to hear by tomorrow! Just because it says if you've hadn't heard by the end of September to presume you're unsuccessful doesn't mean a letter can't come through your door in October.

I totally agree, as previously mentioned, last time round the letters came out a good few weeks later then the ad said, due to number of applicants.

So don't give up hope as yet. :D

Established Member
Hi, so are you saying that the last lot of job adverts is a bit of a waste of time? Because they already hav staff in mind to fill the vacancies?

No, definitely not. What it may mean is that the process is pushed further back, i.e. for those who applied for this intake, the training may not start until the middle of next year, and the rest will be put in a holding pool.

The current school that have just started are undergoing the training as there is a need for drivers at the minute to cover for those who have recently retired or left.

Also, the situation is very fluid. Notice period is only two weeks, so in effect you might have enough drivers one day then not enough a fortnight later.

CGS

No, definitely not. What it may mean is that the process is pushed further back, i.e. for those who applied for this intake, the training may not start until the middle of next year, and the rest will be put in a holding pool.

The current school that have just started are undergoing the training as there is a need for drivers at the minute to cover for those who have recently retired or left.

Also, the situation is very fluid. Notice period is only two weeks, so in effect you might have enough drivers one day then not enough a fortnight later.

The first training from this intake will start in February

Last edited:

Lee.P

Hi, absolutely gutted I missed this one, have been checking every week for over a year for the next metro driver posts, was on holiday for the last 2 weeks in August and therefore must have missed the advert. Bad luck or is it just mot meant to be!

Nick82

hey guys, has anyone been in contact with the HR dept or have heard any news on the current vacancies, i am assuming the process is still ongoing

Fred Dinenage

No. I'd give it till the end of October at least before I wondered what was happening. It's not like worrying or phoning their HR department is going to accelerate anything. My take on it anyway :D

CGS

No. I'd give it till the end of October at least before I wondered what was happening. It's not like worrying or phoning their HR department is going to accelerate anything. My take on it anyway :D

I'm sure people will hear within the next 2 weeks.

tez thorn

I applied too, and I know the feeling about missing out, I asked back in march and said there would be

Nothing for 18 months, and what made it worse is I was still 20, so this was quite a surprise

Last edited:

CGS

Good to hear, glad its not just me lol, I hope

All good things to those who wait!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just had phone call - interview next Monday at 9.45 - happy days!

harrysno1dad

back of the net, interview for me also!!!!! now just need to not mess it up this time :)

Congrats CGS.

Nick82

here is hoping as i have been waiting for this opportunity since June 2013, so if I hear nothing and/or unsuccessful gutted would be an understatement lol. Well done also, hope I see you on the flip side.

Gas18

I haven't , I'am assuming if I don't hear anything this afternoon that's it !

ModernRailways

Established Member
They're will be calls going out inviting to interview until tomorrow (Wednesday). Don't give up!

Good Luck to those with interviews!

SCF93

Hello, I am new to the Forum. I have received a letter today saying they were impressed with my application and I have been invited to an interview at the Thistle Hotel opposite Central Station. In the letter it stated that I will be getting a 30 minute paper based test and a 45 minute competency based interview. Does anyone know what the 30 minute paper based questions could be? Examples etc. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.