• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty81

Hi everyone, new forum member also and today received a letter inviting me for an interview too. Very very happy!
Hoping people with previous interview experience may be able to assist with prep?? The letter states there is a 30 min written test, any info much appreciated :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

harrysno1dad

the paper based part wasn't done last time round (at least at interview anyway), so your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:

Nick82

Well I have to say I don't know if I am gutted or shocked at the fact of the application process of DB Tyne & Wear recruitment process, with my employment history and transferable skills ive picked up over the years I thought id be within a shout of interview, it makes me think what exactly is the company looking for in terms of drivers taking into consideration of the horror stories that comes out of the company. Dont get my wrong this is not a rant or questioning the good nature of DB Tyne & wear, but I have to say I am surprised how we are all judged by just an application form.
Good luck guys with your interviews

Nick82

How come some people got a phone call and some got a letter in the post?

I dont understand the phone call thing as when I spoke to them today HR said they they are only doing the invitations to interviews by mail.

Fred Dinenage

Who can say? The rich tapestry that is HR. Maybe the selection process involves chicken bones, ouija board and a scrabble set ;)

Best of luck to those selected, back to work for the rest of us :D

CGS

I dont understand the phone call thing as when I spoke to them today HR said they they are only doing the invitations to interviews by mail.

Maybe it was just for people with interviews on Monday to give us a bit of notice - I certainly got a call as did a couple of others.

Nick82

Maybe it was just for people with interviews on Monday to give us a bit of notice - I certainly got a call as did a couple of others.

That makes sense, i was not implying anything about it mate :D

mackem_man

Ah well, there's always next time. Good luck for the interviews guys, give it your best shot. Hope to see you in a few years.

ModernRailways

Established Member

I was told they were only doing phone calls, so... god knows what's going at Metro HQ.

Unfortunate that you didn't get an interview, but at least you have a bit more knowledge of their recruitment process now!

I also must agree with the application form, the application form I've seen for the CSA roles is terribly designed, with not much asking about what you can actually do and more just wanting to know what qualifications etc you have. To me, recruitment should be about the person and their skills, not about their education history or even work history to a certain extent.

Keep an eye out though, as their should be quite a few vacancies opening up elsewhere in the company. Mostly CSA roles as they are currently extremely understaffed - their advert where they said they hired 30% more staff is a joke to say the least, I've spoken about that in the main Metro thread though.

For those with interviews, Good Luck (!) and do let us know how it goes.

tez thorn

didnt even get a reply so one thing for certain i will not be applying again they dashed my dreams so they can shove it

Applicant1

Hi, I also have an interview this week along with 30 min paper based test. Does anyone know what the test will be about? I imagine questions about the company and more specifically, the metro system? Haven't a clue what to look up on. I would imagine the interview would be competency based.

Does anyone have any other knowledge??

Ljd87

I had interview yesterday, did anyone ask when we would be likely to find out if you had be successful or not, i had it in my head to ask but totally forgot! I know they were interviewing 180-190

Nick82

I had interview yesterday, did anyone ask when we would be likely to find out if you had be successful or not, i had it in my head to ask but totally forgot! I know they were interviewing 180-190

180-190???
This applicants for interviews

Nick82

Nope over 1000 applicants!, they have 3 panels of 2 people interviewing 180-190. Not a chance in hell for me i dont think

That's a real surprise did not imagine that many went for interviews

ModernRailways

Established Member
I believe they have around 30 positions (not confirmed) that are needing filled. So, really I'd say it's about right at roughly 6 candidates per job.

Just a side note, but Metro should be recruiting for CSAs in the next 2 months. From what I've been told, they are waiting to get the driver applications done before proceeding onto the CSA roles.

Ljd87

So does anyone know when to expect to hear anything? Say they are interviewing all this week and finish tomorrow (fri) is next week to early?

harrysno1dad

So does anyone know when to expect to hear anything? Say they are interviewing all this week and finish tomorrow (fri) is next week to early?

They said to me they are interviewing

This week

Mon,Wed

Next Week

Mon,Wed,Thurs.

So I wouldn't expect anyone to hear anything till at least the week after next.

glavaa

had my interview this morning. the lady on the panel said that they are interviewing 178 and that doncaster stage is starting mid november and possibly running into january( with xmas etc).
i asked when can i expect to hear from them she said anytime from next week to end of december. top 8 i believe she said is starting in february and the rest that pass doncaster are going into talent pool. according the her the last intake (training started in september) is from recruitment 2 years ago.

harrysno1dad

had my interview this morning. the lady on the panel said that they are interviewing 178 and that doncaster stage is starting mid november and possibly running into january( with xmas etc).
i asked when can i expect to hear from them she said anytime from next week to end of december. top 8 i believe she said is starting in february and the rest that pass doncaster are going into talent pool. according the her the last intake (training started in september) is from recruitment 2 years ago.

Yup Jan 2013 was the last time they did interviews.

CGS

No i have not heard anything.

I had a call the other day to say I'd passed everything and as I passed the tests in April I don't have to sit them again. Invites have gone out for tests according to someone off here who rang them.

Ljd87

Well done mate. Good luck in the next stages. When you say they have gone out do you mean in the post?

Status
Not open for further replies.