• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's the Happiest Song You've Listened to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
As numerous posts have indicated, I am totally incapable of doing a link. The mods have are probably going off their rockers after sending me instructions of how to do a link and seeing no result. I don’t know if it is my incompetence or because my iPad is the most basic model.

Haha, that's fair enough. If it makes a difference, I recently discovered that YouTube links are much easier than other links - you basically just paste in the URL, and the railforums site seems to recognise it's YouTube and automatically embeds the video for you. Other links are tougher and fiddly to include though.

GS250

For pure uplifting....I've always liked the Show must go on by Queen..

Busaholic

Veteran Member
As numerous posts have indicated, I am totally incapable of doing a link. The mods have are probably going off their rockers after sending me instructions of how to do a link and seeing no result. I don’t know if it is my incompetence or because my iPad is the most basic model.
Glad I'm not the only one! Not really due to age either, in my case at least. I'm an analogue person in a digital world.

D6968

For pure uplifting....I've always liked the Show must go on by Queen..
Isn’t that all about Freddie and AIDS killing him though?
Please I’m not knocking you but it’s not something I’d put on my ‘happy’ play list.

kristiang85

Established Member
I'll go along with that, as long as it's the original version, rather than the remix by Fatboy Slim when he was in his "just put weird repetitive noises everywhere" phase.

I don't think I've even heard his one, than heavens.

D6968

Are you sure? The Fatboy Slim remix of Brimful Of Asha is the only version that most people have ever heard.
True, same as Tequila by Terrovision, most folks have only heard the remix by Mint Royale

kristiang85

Established Member
Are you sure? The Fatboy Slim remix of Brimful Of Asha is the only version that most people have ever heard.

Oh wow I just YouTubed them and... mind blown. I never knew he did the version I liked.

Maybe a Mandela effect there.

GS250

Isn’t that all about Freddie and AIDS killing him though?
Please I’m not knocking you but it’s not something I’d put on my ‘happy’ play list.

To me....this song is about carrying on through adversity. When all seems lost...you carry on and reach happiness. That's how I see. Triumph from adversity.

I guess we all see things differently. For me too many 'happy' songs are about the veil of emotions and pretending everything is great when it isn't.

Yours...an old cynic.

MotCO

Established Member
'Happy' by Pharrell Williams is pretty good.

'Get Lucky' by Pharrell/Daft Punk is another upbeat one.
'Happy' was the ring tone of a colleague at work - it always put a smile on my face.

I also enjoy 'Kingston Town' by UB40. It is such a laid back song, that you can easily picture yourself relaxing in the Caribbean.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Love Shack by the B-52's.
I know this is meant to be a happy thread, but the B-52s (not sure if there should be an apostrophe) are another band who lost a member to HIV/AIDS.

Agree it's a great "happy song" as is their earlier hit, Rock Lobster. Love Shack is one of only a handful of songs that I'll dance to without having to be too drunk to stand!

I also enjoy 'Kingston Town' by UB40. It is such a laid back song, that you can easily picture yourself relaxing in the Caribbean.
Objection! The weird cod-reggae trend of the 1980s just makes me cringe.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Oh wow I just YouTubed them and... mind blown. I never knew he did the version I liked.

Maybe a Mandela effect there.
The sitar riff, which is more subtle in the original but cranked up to 11 in the remix, just makes it sound like an advert for a jar of curry sauce. The original is a much better fusion of traditional Indian musical motifs and 90s indie.

Mr. Cook has made some great songs, but some of his biggest hits, in particular that one that goes "Funk Soul Brotha" until you want to rip your ears off and stick them where the sun doesn't shine, are so horrendous they probably break the Geneva convention. The remix of Brimful of Asha is only slightly less bad. <(

In my opinion, of course! ;)

D6968

To me....this song is about carrying on through adversity. When all seems lost...you carry on and reach happiness. That's how I see. Triumph from adversity.

I guess we all see things differently. For me too many 'happy' songs are about the veil of emotions and pretending everything is great when it isn't.

Yours...an old cynic.
Each to their own my friend, I’m not knocking your choice or taste, as you say many songs about being happy are about fronting it out and covering up your feelings inside.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
You Give Love A Bad Name

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

Plus Darude - Sandstorm

Gostav

Young Train Driver
On the railway tinged by the glow of gawn, there is an young train driver.
Sounding the whistle, driving the train.
That brave young pushed through the powder smoke.
Even in those austere days of war, he still going forward.
Yearningly looking back at his beloved home.
Always fierce taking the railway as a battlefield.
Fulfilling the call for vengeance of the fallen comrades.
In his warm heart, he hardened the oath.
Thousands miles of blood road, and even have another thousands miles.
Fight for the oath to the leader.
This song inspired me to work hard to finish my university courses during the COVID-19 pandemic and no slackening even in those austere days. When I actually started getting into the video game industry, I wouldn't forget the promises I made.

Last edited:

satisnek

Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining. The ultimate Saturday song, and for those of us who work Monday-Friday (and before that went to school Monday-Friday), Saturday is the best day of the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.