• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am I?

gnolife

Established Member
Spot the red herring :lol:

Attachments

• A second station somewhere between Thurso and Penzance.jpg
    A second station somewhere between Thurso and Penzance.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 67
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Buttsy

Established Member
It's going to be Marple, Twerp or Derby Road. I'm going to go for Derby Road as I think Nacton is near Ipswich

Ivo

Established Member
Buttsy's floor again :lol: (when Dan declares it of course)

That is 1,072.93% Derby Road. I so would have had that if I'd been around...

You are correct that Nacton is near Ipswich - it is a bit further down the line to Felixstowe, on the edge of Ipswich itself. I've been on the railway and that bridge so I would like to think I would know! I also have a map of Ipswich lying around somewhere, and I've stared at that road layout so often...

Last edited:

gnolife

Established Member
If I hadn't given the warning about the red herring, would anyone have actually gone for Rose Hill (which is my 6th most frequently served station, although probably not for too much longer now)

Ivo

Established Member
If I hadn't given the warning about the red herring, would anyone have actually gone for Rose Hill (which is my 6th most frequently served station, although probably not for too much longer now)

That particular poser was easy for me. I recognised it right away - without even reading the prose.

Buttsy

Established Member
Sorry for the delay, but yesterday I was in 30 degree heat fielding first in a 45 over game. Figures were 9-0-98-0 as they racked up 341-2

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 75

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Perhaps you could un-crop the image a little to show a larger area. I'm stumped.

Johnuk123

Established Member
Is Googling information allowed? I also identified Brading by typing in 'Upper Adgestone Road', shame I was beaten by John!

The reason I got it was because my brother lived there for 10 yrs - just lucky.

Ivo

Established Member
Wrong angle for Wendover. And I spy what appears to be water (or shingle anyway) to the north-west.

The best match I can find is Llanfairfechan.

Buttsy

Established Member
Wrong angle for Wendover. And I spy what appears to be water (or shingle anyway) to the north-west.

The best match I can find is Llanfairfechan.

I assumed that map rotation may have taken place and north wasn't necessarily at the top as the rules don't say you can't rotate the map.

I see the shingle now and am convinced you're right.

Ivo

Established Member
Rules Clarification: Is rotation allowed?

...while we're waiting. one that hasn't been rotated:

Attachments

• whereami-2.png
    whereami-2.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 61