• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am I?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I've been puzzling over this one for days!

Let's see:

*Three car train in it.
*Faces north east / south west.
*Looks as if it's been rationalised.
*Lorry distribution point next to it.
*Fairly new looking roof.
*Appears to be a terminus, but there could be a tunnel leading off to the north east, although it doesn't really look like there is.

I'm pretty sure it isn't, but I'll say Llandudno anyway, just to keep things moving.

madannie77

I've been puzzling over this one for days!

Let's see:

*Three car train in it.
*Faces north east / south west.
*Looks as if it's been rationalised.
*Lorry distribution point next to it.
*Fairly new looking roof.
*Appears to be a terminus, but there could be a tunnel leading off to the north east, although it doesn't really look like there is.

I'm pretty sure it isn't, but I'll say Llandudno anyway, just to keep things moving.

It is not Llandudno.

It is a terminus, and it is a bus station which is adjacent.

Buttsy

Established Member
Caterham
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm stumped unless it's not in Great Britain. If so, I'd guess at Portrush or Bangor (NI)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
*groan* No wonder I wass stumped - I checked everywhere on the mainland where 3 car trains run. Several times. I never thought to check NI...:oops:

Buttsy

Established Member
Since no-one has said I can't, here is a track diagram.
[Ignore the letters ABC & D)

The rules do state map or satellite map extracts, so we should stick to this in future...

Watch out! "Where am I?" from the Quiz Olympiad will return soon - hope you're looking forward to it. ;)

After a trial run in the Quiz Olympiad earlier this year, "Where am I?" makes a return to the forum.

For those who have not seen the game yet or simply forgotten, here is a quick round-up of the game:

The Aim:
To guess the train station featured on a small map extract.

Rules/Game-play:
(The game essentially runs like Guess the station in style). If you guess correctly then it is your turn to post a map or you can call open floor, allowing other members to contribute.

It is upto you what map you choose to use, though the most acceptable ones would include an OS extract, google satellite view or bird's eye view, but not a terrain map etc. To do this you can use various websites including:An ideal extract would be a size of around 200px like the example below (or larger for satellite images)
demo_sat_zpsa774085b.png

attachment.php

• Maps are in UK only
  • Maps can feature NR, preserved or metro/LUL stations
  • If more than one station can be seen on an extract, please indicate when posting which is to be guessed
  • You are allowed to block out place names from extracts (providing it is subtle) but no other form of doctoring is allowed)

An easy one to start things off: