• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Online Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

read.em

Hi Guys!

I applied for senior trainee conductor role in Leamington Spa on the 24th August did my online assesment on the 28th August have not heard back to see If I have passed or failed this, I understand from the previous posts it takes ages!

I spoke to recruitment before seeing this forum and they had said 2-3 weeks, just wondering If anyone has heard back at all? not sure If I have passed or failed don't really want to chase recruitment now seeing this forum!

If you fail the customer service test do you get notified straight afterwards, could this be a good sign that I may have passed this initial stage?

Anyone else in the same boat I feel for people who have been waiting forever I guess I have this to come!

Tia

Got an email today saying that no one will hear until the end of September.
Hey,

Have you heard back yet?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dev_27

Hi Guys!

I applied for senior trainee conductor role in Leamington Spa on the 24th August did my online assesment on the 28th August have not heard back to see If I have passed or failed this, I understand from the previous posts it takes ages!

I spoke to recruitment before seeing this forum and they had said 2-3 weeks, just wondering If anyone has heard back at all? not sure If I have passed or failed don't really want to chase recruitment now seeing this forum!

If you fail the customer service test do you get notified straight afterwards, could this be a good sign that I may have passed this initial stage?

Anyone else in the same boat I feel for people who have been waiting forever I guess I have this to come!

Tia

Hey,

Have you heard back yet?
No news yet for me

Garfield

Still no news, a friend of mine applied at the same time and she hasn't heard either. Last email did say end of September so fingers crossed we might hear something by the end of next week. All I'm saying to myself is no news is good news.

Could be further complications however since Birmingham recently entered local lockdown, probable that it will cause additional delays.

crebbs1

Could be further complications however since Birmingham recently entered local lockdown, probable that it will cause additional delays.

Birminghams ‘lockdown‘ is only slightly different to what the rest of the country faces in that they can’t mix households, other than that it’s all the same. Shouldn’t make any difference to recruitment

read.em

I cant see it being this week.. maybe they meant September 2021 haha @Garfield

I had my email today to say I had passed the application sift and the SJT I have my Conductor test next looks like it will be online she is just waiting for approval to go ahead, I am so pleased, anyone have any ideas on how I can prepare for this test at all? Has anyone else had any emails looks like they are coming through now! @dev_27 @Garfield

Tia :)

Last edited:

hs1105

Goodafternoon all!

I too have been invited for a video interview to be completed within the next week. Sounds like a few of you may have already completed this recently- I wonder if anyone could share any further info on the format/ length of the interview. Is it possible to re-record any answers I give to the questions or is it one take for all answers?

Thanks guys!

AHopefulGuard

Goodafternoon all!

I too have been invited for a video interview to be completed within the next week. Sounds like a few of you may have already completed this recently- I wonder if anyone could share any further info on the format/ length of the interview. Is it possible to re-record any answers I give to the questions or is it one take for all answers?

Thanks guys!

Hi, seems a little strange that you got the invite well after everyone else. Did you apply in June this year? The interview is pretty straightforward. Your phone camera is on selfie mode so you see yourself throughout. The questions display underneath this. There are three questions, with a 10 second preparation window before you have 90 seconds to answer. Sadly you can't re-record your answers, once the 10 second prep window closes and you've started answering there's no going back. After each question there's a small button you press to proceed to the next one (which helps if you need to wipe your brow or swear in exasperation.. maybe just me) I'm sure you'll do grand.

hs1105

Hi AHopefulGuard!
Thanks for the info- appreciate it!
Yes I applied back in June! Just doing some revision over the next few days and guess Ill do it on Monday.

Hi, seems a little strange that you got the invite well after everyone else. Did you apply in June this year? The interview is pretty straightforward. Your phone camera is on selfie mode so you see yourself throughout. The questions display underneath this. There are three questions, with a 10 second preparation window before you have 90 seconds to answer. Sadly you can't re-record your answers, once the 10 second prep window closes and you've started answering there's no going back. After each question there's a small button you press to proceed to the next one (which helps if you need to wipe your brow or swear in exasperation.. maybe just me) I'm sure you'll do grand.

Not quite the case for myself however, as this is my final interview, the DMI, after completing all the tests previously, I actually applied back in February 2019.

My interview said it will be on Microsoft Teams, so I’m expecting a live interview.

Honestly extremely nervous, I’ve sunk so much time and effort into this, really feeling the pressure to do well and complete this last part.

It’s been a journey and not many of the original names who applied with me on the forum are still here, luckily some of them remain like my boy wba0986, don’t you go abandoning me now, there’s not many of us left!

Wba0986

Not quite the case for myself however, as this is my final interview, the DMI, after completing all the tests previously, I actually applied back in February 2019.

My interview said it will be on Microsoft Teams, so I’m expecting a live interview.

Honestly extremely nervous, I’ve sunk so much time and effort into this, really feeling the pressure to do well and complete this last part.

It’s been a journey and not many of the original names who applied with me on the forum are still here, luckily some of them remain like my boy wba0986, don’t you go abandoning me now, there’s not many of us left!
Still here matey, not putting any pressure on myself, nice and chilled although struggling not to get excited and tell everyone at work. I've never used teams so downloaded it last night and trying to get my head round it. Not sure whether to use phone or tablet for the actual interview. When are you doing yours? I picked Tuesday as at work on earlies on Monday.

Withoutabix

Im Still here from the Feb 2019 applications finally light at the end of the tunnel for all of us who stayed the course!

medical in two weeks then start in Jan all being well for me! Thought this lockdown 2.0 was going to screw things up again but seems not fingers crossed for you guys

The two DM’s who did my interview (in person) were great, proper old school guys who were happy to help me out regarding questions etc

I use Teams everyday working at HS2, it’s a pretty simple program similar to Skype, shouldn’t be too difficult, I intend to use my laptop.

I’m also going to be doing Tuesday next week in the afternoon, I’ve decided to take the day off so I can prepare and relax rather than rush through it in a lunch hour.

Good luck Bix, I hope to be joining you before long!
Any advice for the DMI is always appreciated.

Dante

Still here too! Applied Feb '19 and passed the DMI the week before lockdown 1.0 in March, had medical in May but sadly nothing for me since the 'dont expect anything before the end of year' email. Obviously your depots taking precedence over the one I applied for so just have to wait a little longer. Good luck with the DMI's! I must say doing a video one would stress me out no end

andyccfc

Same here, 2019. Passed the DMI in June but had an email from Michelle start of October saying that all new courses on hold this year as they need to clear back log of current trainees before bringing in new ones. Fair enough to be fair so not expecting anything else until Spring time I would have thought. I’m Cov depot by the way and was told that was a priority before COVID hit.

re the DMI... found it quite easy all in all so don’t stress about it. Questions were similar ish to the MMI just a bit more ‘chatty’ I guess. I was really relaxed and don’t tend to get nervous with things like that so that more than likely helped me a fair bit. It was with Michelle and another guy and both were nice.

PaulBusDriver

I've got my DMI for West Mids Trains via Microsoft Teams, I'm not sure what the difference between doing a DMI face to face and over the internet is, I've had a bit of practice as I had a DMI for GWR before although that was for a talent pool.
Im hoping I don't let myself down on this one.

Cranky

Afternoon all , I also applied back in February 2019 and have got the DMI this week. Hopefully as said above we all get though and can begin training together . Any advice gladly received

Wba0986

Dmi done this morning, very relaxed interview and the questions not 100% what I was expecting but no low ballers. Good luck everyone else still to do theirs

Status
Not open for further replies.