• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast rebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Energy

Established Member
Funny you say that. Am I right in saying the XC 220's and all XC & AWC 221 voyagers (except 221101) still have a mucky red roof?
All WC voyagers bar 221101 have a red roof, the XC ones look to have been repainted grey a while ago.

The_Train

Established Member
Believe 390123 might be on 1A07 or 1A12 from Liverpool Lime St today, one of the two with 390155 on the other. If anyone can let us know which one it's on I will appreciate that.
Did 123 make an appearance in it's full livery over the weekend?

Voyager lad

390 123 seems to have had a few updates to the original Avanti livery - doors are now left in Virgin grey rather than green (albeit some are now white for Avanti), the large logos with the single A underneath are now smaller, full Avanti logos, and the central body ‘Avanti West Coast’ text has been moved to either right or left, depending where other logos are!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Good, the A thing didn't look very good.

Yeah, there were two things to do with that - get rid of it, or change it so the A was actually the coach letter. Getting rid is good for me, it looked rubbish.

I definitely think silver looks best rather than white, as per the vinylled Voyager.

Chiltern006

not redoing the doors from virgin grey seems a bit lazy. have they put the logo on the door windows as per 155 and 156

RealTrains07

Established Member
not redoing the doors from virgin grey seems a bit lazy. have they put the logo on the door windows as per 155 and 156
I agree. Grey really dosent suit the brand. They really should have the green if they did everything else

seagull

The new, the old and the oldest...
At Euston today.
(221101 on right, not sure of the Virgin liveried one behind).

Attachments

• IMG_20210203_175639.jpg
    IMG_20210203_175639.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 243

Chiltern006

expect XC, least their passengers get a newly refurbished train which will be kept with XC knowing their track record (see what i did their);)

Energy

Established Member
Would Avanti themselves announce that voyagers are going to XC?
Maybe, XC, the DfT and probably the ROSCO (Beacon rail) will, may get a bit in the news section of the Avanti website but that will probably be mainly to promote the new trains.

greatvoyager

Established Member
Would Avanti themselves announce that voyagers are going to XC?
I was wondering that as well.

Maybe, XC, the DfT and probably the ROSCO (Beacon rail) will, may get a bit in the news section of the Avanti website but that will probably be mainly to promote the new trains.
My initial thought was that the response was probably going to tie in to the plans for the 805/807 trains and that they might just mention 221s going to pastures new with no further detail.
One thing a reply mentioned was how the ends look a bit similar to those used on XC.

Getting back to the new livery, it looks like the Avanti logo on the nose still has the shadow where the old Virgin shield used to be, which looks a bit untidy.

Domh245

Established Member
The front section looks rather grey, AWC are normally a dark teal aren't they?

Good point - it is missing the teal that the pendolinos have at the front and just picks up from the dark blue that's halfway down the pendolino carriages

221101 Voyager

Established Member
Good point - it is missing the teal that the pendolinos have at the front and just picks up from the dark blue that's halfway down the pendolino carriages
Still, regardless of grey or teal, it's nice to see the voyagers having a bit of a tidy up as they were looking rather scruffy.

Also the large unit number is useful for us spotters out there as it makes it easy to identify! :D

I believe 221112 is the next voyager being done in the new colour scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.