• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting start with TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rob88

I haven’t received any emails, I’m awaiting a medical still for the TM role?

Woodsy93

I haven’t received any emails, I’m awaiting a medical still for the TM role?
Think the ones with emails are waiting for CSA mate, I'm in the same boat waiting for TM its gonna be a longer wait but hopefully this year

Rob88

Cheers Pal, gave them a call yesterday and was told to call again next Thursday / Friday and they’ll have more information apparently

This may help ease some of your minds, but most of recruitment and training is on a complete freeze at the moment with only limited internal and a small number of external courses running. The internal transfer process has also been frozen (think it's due to restart this month), you'll probably find when that restarts things may move quicker, but I can't say for definete, it will happen though. My friend has just joined as one of the TSE's and waited like 9 months for a start date.

Some courses are running but severly reduced, i've been waiting almost a year for a line controller interview!

Judders

I find when I call them for an update it really depends who you talk to. Some people I speak with give more Information then others do

Gunner4lyf94

I know a person who has a start date in April for a CSA 2 position. This being because they had there medical last summer and it hadn't ran out yet. I myself had mine in March last year so would be out of date come April start date. how frustrating! anyone had their medical in this chat?

Miffy

Hey, not sure if this is being used. I’ve been given a start date for 2 weeks time. Is anyone else on this training?

Woodsy93

Still waiting here for a medical. Only time I've heard from them was in August when they sent a newsletter out lol (TM role)

KingKiev123

Can anyone that's started/completed their training recently share how it went? In terms of the content and how difficult it was?

Judders

Do you know how many people started yesterday?

I see they have put out for more train mainter jobs, surely that want to start starting the people currently waiting before looking for more people....

I "finished" my training course last Monday. It was meant to be 5 weeks but because of covid it was all crammed into 1 week, then we were sent to our stations. There's a few licences we need to get to be able to do all our CSA2 duties but we don't have those...yet. In the meantime we're just shadowing CSAs at our allocated stations and help out where we can (gateline and such). Uniform wise, there's shortages again because of covid, some got more than others. You might not receive everything you requested so be prepared to wear your own smart clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.