• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern - Apprentice Train Driver - Bletchley (06/03/24)

PK96

That's brilliant. I have also received it.

What days have been allocated? I can see you have the 30th but I've been sent the 29th

Wondering what other days are available if people could share that would be brilliant.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tysoe

I received it also, even though I've already done it for this role:lol:
Replied to the email and they apologised so think there's been some confusion.
Explained why I got 2 emails earlier on the process!

Andreas D

Do you know if you’ve passed Then?

PK96

Wonderful.

Who did you email? Just because I've also passed all the psychometric exams (stage 1 & 2)
I did email back the person who has been emailing us but didn't get a reply.. yet!

I have previously had a DMI with Chiltern and didn't have to do any exams so I'm not sure why I would need to do some this time around. Hopefully I hear back soon.

If you could confirm who you have emailed that would be great.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Wonderful.

Who did you email? Just because I've also passed all the psychometric exams (stage 1 & 2)
I did email back the person who has been emailing us but didn't get a reply.. yet!

I have previously had a DMI with Chiltern and didn't have to do any exams so I'm not sure why I would need to do some this time around. Hopefully I hear back soon.

Anyone who is applying for a trainee driver's job would need to undertake the psychometric testing at OPC if they had successfully passed the previous stages of the recruitment process. Very occasionally the DMI is carried out before the psychometric testing, depending on the Depot involved and who is dealing with the interview process.

PK96

Anyone who is applying for a trainee driver's job would need to undertake the psychometric testing at OPC if they had successfully passed the previous stages of the recruitment process. Very occasionally the DMI is carried out before the psychometric testing, depending on the Depot involved and who is dealing with the interview process.
Yes that's correct.

However, I have been successful of the stage 1 and 2 with another TOC. I did all the exams starting from group bourdon, hand coordination and all the others including DFFT. I have also completed the MMI at the OPC centre.

That's why I have emailed them to confirm if I would still need to attend.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Yes that's correct.

However, I have been successful of the stage 1 and 2 with another TOC. I did all the exams starting from group bourdon, hand coordination and all the others including DFFT. I have also completed the MMI at the OPC centre.

That's why I have emailed them to confirm if I would still need to attend.

In that case that is unusual. If you had previously passed all the OPC tests that Chiltern use, as long as those passes were still valid you should have been invited straight to DMI at Chiltern. That is certainly what has happened in the past.

PK96

In that case that is unusual. If you had previously passed all the OPC tests that Chiltern use, as long as those passes were still valid you should have been invited straight to DMI at Chiltern. That is certainly what has happened in the past.
Correct. That's why I'm finding it confusing.

I passed within the valid 5 year time frame. & I still have a couple of years before it expires.

I have previously attended a Chiltern DMI directly (Over 6 months ago) but this time around I've been invited to an assessment day which is why I'm really confused.

I am still waiting on a response. Hopefully I hear back soon.

Locomok

Wonderful.

Same here but even though I was given another DMI straight away they then realised I needed to wait six months and cancelled it

PK96

Same here but even though I was given another DMI straight away they then realised I needed to wait six months and cancelled it
Right... Not sure what has happened with me then.

I still have my valid exams in date.
I provided all my details such as my N.I. number as that's what they also utilising to check on the database.

I'll hold off until tomorrow before reaching out once again.

PK96

The other day, I found out that someone I work with is at the same stage as me (both waiting for DMI interview). We both had our assessments in the same month, but he did it over two days, but I did it in one
That's pretty cool.

How long have you and him been waiting now?

Andreas D

Think that’s it done for us all now. How did everyone find it? Personally I’m exhausted. Going to be a long wait for the feedback!
I did mine today too, mmi was tough and can’t help feeling I could have done better. If I hear “how did that make you feel” again I’m gonna scream :lol: