• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 37's to work last Bristol TM -Weymouth Loco hauled service this saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony263

Established Member
i have been hearing rumours all day that some class 37's are to work the last loco hauled service from Bristol to Weymouth this saturday.

To be honest i am being scepticle about this but it seems to be getting more momentum all day so it could be true.

i know that it might not happen but i am sure that a few members here will want to get a trip if there are going to be 37s out and about

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Been hearing this for some time. Apparently they may do it, but according to various sources the 37s are up in Warrington and not working at the moment. No-one knows how severe any damage is, but it's gonna be down to them wanting to fix the tractors it seems.

If it does happen, the front coach will be rammed for the climb up Bincombe bank (amongst others)!

ah, brilliant thanks very much :) :)

That was to 43034 :lol:

If this happens ill be there!!

anthony263

Established Member
Well hopefully it will go ahead i am planning on going to Bristol on saturday so hopefully wil will be able to see whether or not there are class 37's at Barton Hill when i pass there.

TEW

Established Member
The whole thing is going to be rammed, not just the front coach.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
If it produces, I'll be armed (but not dangerous! :lol) with a HoW ranger myself. If not, will just be a leap for the 67 so a nice simple piece either way.

The whole thing will be rammed, agreed, but it'll be a perfect example of how much interest people still have in 37s!

so I presume an ordinary Worcester - Weymouth ticket will do won't it? Please corrent me if i'm wrong....

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Would be cheaper to split the fare at Bath Spa or something IIRC. Should be about £13 WOS > BTH and £15 or so onwards to WEY.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Was £15 earlier this year (5th May or something like that) when I got one for the Lawrence Hill leap.

HoW, in this case, stands for Heart of Wessex. As Scott correctly says, it's valid from Bristol Temple Meads to Weymouth as well as Bath Spa to Swindon and Chippenham to Trowbridge (ie, the Melksham line).

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
Was £15 earlier this year (5th May or something like that) when I got one for the Lawrence Hill leap.

HoW, in this case, stands for Heart of Wessex. As Scott correctly says, it's valid from Bristol Temple Meads to Weymouth as well as Bath Spa to Swindon and Chippenham to Trowbridge (ie, the Melksham line).

£7 for child/
£14 adult.

I am undecided as to what to use on Saturday, FA sounds good. :)

anthony263

Established Member
am i right in taking it that it is looking likely that the class 37s may be in action this saturday?

if so i know a lot of enthusiasts are looking at going for this if the 37's are going to be in action. i have even heard that the 37's could be working the cardiff - taunton diagram on friday which i dont really see happening although u can never be too sure

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
am i right in taking it that it is looking likely that the class 37s may be in action this saturday?

if so i know a lot of enthusiasts are looking at going for this if the 37's are going to be in action. i have even heard that the 37's could be working the cardiff - taunton diagram on friday which i dont really see happening although u can never be too sure

Go expecting 67s and if it is then you're not bowled.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Oh right, could have sworn it was £15 but I'll take your word for it Scott! £14 Bristol to Weymouth and back suits me!

If you're out on Sat, let me know :)

Established Member
grrr my train arrives into BTI at 0913 :cry: could make it but taxi needed

can anyone 100% confirm this is happeneing so people dont waste their cash

Established Member
hmmm its risky but worth it for 37 haulage, wonder who started this one off, if they arnt FGW bods then hmm but if they are and have insider knowlage then mmmmm!

Status
Not open for further replies.