• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 37's to work last Bristol TM -Weymouth Loco hauled service this saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
hmmm its risky but worth it for 37 haulage, wonder who started this one off, if they arnt FGW bods then hmm but if they are and have insider knowlage then mmmmm!

I do know and I won't say.

You can never confirm anything. Tours have disclaimers about traction.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
hmmm its risky but worth it for 37 haulage, wonder who started this one off, if they arnt FGW bods then hmm but if they are and have insider knowlage then mmmmm!

I know, I wouldnt mind going for class 37's i was informed by one of my freinds on facebook although this rumour has been doing the rounds for the last few days before i even heard about it.

if its 37s then cool, but ill probably go down and see and if its 67s then do it regardless!

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
i wont ask you who but does this mean its more likely to be definite or still a bit on/off? Sorry if this appears rude, thats definitely not my intention!

Yeah very true, Im guessing you have heard it from a member of FGW staff

Heard it from various people in the industry people high up and average people. All involved with in some way. I could say yes and it doesn't produce, makes me look like a twit. And I could say no and stop you all from coming then it happens! (I like that idea..... ;))

I will say, the right people have heard the right things.

How many FGW men still passed on Tractors? or is it EWS men hired in? And have FGW got a saftey caes for Tractors to be used? Are they going to thexpense of paying to alter their safety case for one day?

If it happens good on yer.

Would probably be EWS (Deutsche Bahn really, but never mind), I think they currently drive the 67s on the Cardiff - Taunton and Weymouths? Is that right, i'm not sure...

devon_metro

Established Member
Wsb sign 37s.

Who knows whether it will happen. All depends if DBS play ball I suppose...

Then again, what would I know.......

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'd love it to happen on Friday, haven't had a 37 out of Cardiff for a long time!

That said, I also want 001 on Friday...

mumrar

Established Member
This comes courtesy of Bushcutta fro gen list. Hope I'm not in trouble for reposting
37401+37670 6X12 DITL to Eastleigh

anthony263

Established Member
Saturday is looking good then, i know a few people are going on the cardiff - taunton loco hauled tommorow morning so if the 37's are out they will send me a txt so i can get myself to cardiff to get the 14:00 to taunton & back.

devon_metro

Established Member
Saturday is looking good then, i know a few people are going on the cardiff - taunton loco hauled tommorow morning so if the 37's are out they will send me a txt so i can get myself to cardiff to get the 14:00 to taunton & back.

They won't be on the MF set.

anthony263

Established Member
They won't be on the MF set.

Ok thanks, so anyone know why class 37's are being used instead of the 67's this saturday if the rumour is true.

only reason i can think of is that the 67s need work or are needed for cover elewhere or some of the train enthusiasts at DBS/FGW have decided to have a bit of fun.

Established Member
Wellies recommended. Believe "youtube bashing celebrities" will be partaking so do go adn say hello/shout abuse as you feel free.

I hope Inverness is far enough away not to be swamped by this vegfest!

Established Member
If someones made it up, youtubes gonna have a field day, "500+ people wait for a 67" or something like that.

also I have been told DB`s 37`s are working elsewhere, and as for WCRC 37`s they are being used on charters so, all the best of luck but dont hold your breath

you may get DRS but they have 1 ETH loco

NOTE: THIS IS NOT GEN SO DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT

Last edited:

anthony263

Established Member
well even if a drs 37 is used and there is only 1 can the loco run round at weymouth or something since its only working 1 trip in each direction?

If 67s are used i dont really care since it is a loco hauled train, but i know a few people will not be happy although i have heard this info did come from some FGW staff.

Established Member
Wellies recommended. Believe "youtube bashing celebrities" will be partaking so do go adn say hello/shout abuse as you feel free.

Did think about doing this if it produced but on reflection I think a late get up and a couple of trips on 37240 is the better option :)

The shredder no interest to you then 87015, would have thought it was more in line with your traction tastes (of the diesel variety).......

So the 37s will work both the Cardiff - Taunton on Friday and Weymouth on Saturday will they??

excellent, sorry for the mistake, got my tickets for weymouth on saturday anyway. Disregarding the traction will it be Virgin or Cargo-D Mk2s?

Chester025

Quite right '015, up the middle with 40145 is clearly the top move this weekend. As for the 37s to Weymouth, well from what I've heard it's true, but as for how far they'll get is another question???

Status
Not open for further replies.