• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 745 Stadler FLIRTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebor79

Established Member
That may be a mistake Stadler have made in overlooking isolating them in that coach. All sockets on all 745/755 units should be out of use regardless of class of travel.
745001 if it needs looking into.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
745001 if it needs looking into.
I’m not sure if they check when on depot or during the day. It comes up in our cab but we don’t check each vehicle. I just usually delete them all off the screen as the clutter annoys me & is nothing as drivers we really need to know.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
My expectations of Swiss engineering have changed somewhat :lol: :lol:
the company I work for has a swiss subsidiary that does the major engineering for the product line I work on.

Doing this job has disabused me of the dea that the swiss are inherently good at engineering

(the product is fine. It just doesn't run like, erm, clockwork. It has quirks)

ashkeba

Established Member
Doing this job has disabused me of the dea that the swiss are inherently good at engineering

(the product is fine. It just doesn't run like, erm, clockwork. It has quirks)
So do their clocks have quirks, the way they hold on 59 then jump to zero, so you should expect it.

mawallace

Out of interest - when will the sockets be in use again - seems to be a bit random for the entire fleet to be lose sockets - something I know was announced with pride at the launch.

dk1

Veteran Member
Out of interest - when will the sockets be in use again - seems to be a bit random for the entire fleet to be lose sockets - something I know was announced with pride at the launch.
Until the problem is resolved is the best answer.

Roger B

I was at Bethnal Green yesterday for a couple of hours or so (off peak), and recorded 004, 007 and 008 on Norwich services, and 103, 104, 105, 108, 110 on Stansteds. So perhaps GA are getting on top of sending out appropriate units for each route?

trebor79

Established Member
Currently on 745001, sockets are working.
If you were in first class, they were working in first class on the unit a few weeks ago, but not I standard or at all in any other units I travelled on that day. Believe they may have been left switched on in error in irst class in the particular unit.

Shunter_69

Not sure on the 745’s but the 755’s I’ve driven recently haven’t had the warning message that the sockets have deliberately been tripped out so the issue may have been resolved.

dk1

Veteran Member
Not sure on the 745’s but the 755’s I’ve driven recently haven’t had the warning message that the sockets have deliberately been tripped out so the issue may have been resolved.
First thing I do is press the return key to rid myself of any annoying yellow messages on the screen.

ItCouldBeJae

Hi all was working up at Hornsey yesterday and today and noticed 745006 I think in the lathe. As I've not normally at Hornsey but would of expected a 745 to be there at All. Is this a common occurrence?

TheEdge

Established Member
The lathe at Crown Point is currently being installed so I assume the long standing agreement where GA have sent stock down there for lathe work is carrying on until the lathe at Norwich is ready.

Abbo

Hi all was working up at Hornsey yesterday and today and noticed 745006 I think in the lathe. As I've not normally at Hornsey but would of expected a 745 to be there at All. Is this a common occurrence?
Which route/crewing do thay take to get to Hornsey ?

RailWonderer

Established Member
Travelled on 006 and 107 today, sockets and USB ports worked in neither.

Also how is it decided what catering is offered? I had one to London two weeks ago with a buffet and a trolley, both of mine today had neither.

dk1

Veteran Member
Travelled on 006 and 107 today, sockets and USB ports worked in neither.

Also how is it decided what catering is offered? I had one to London two weeks ago with a buffet and a trolley, both of mine today had neither.
Depend what service you got. The 06:00up & 08:30dn are the first services of the day to have catering. 745/0 will have buffet & maybe trolley too whereas 745/1s will obviously have trolley only. Like guards doing commercial duties, catering is voluntary for staff until 17th May.

Jim-s

I was on 745001 today and noticed buffet was open and also had working usb power,
got distracted as I boarded and didn’t actually realise i was sitting in first class, first time I have actually had a trip and sat down on one and was thinking these are trimmed out realy well inside, then noticed the writing on the headrest in front of me

dk1

Veteran Member
I was on 745001 today and noticed buffet was open and also had working usb power,
got distracted as I boarded and didn’t actually realise i was sitting in first class, first time I have actually had a trip and sat down on one and was thinking these are trimmed out realy well inside, then noticed the writing on the headrest in front of me
Catering resumed on a staff voluntary basis on 12th April. So many staff & reduced timetable so most trains are covered with buffet &/or trolley too. Full resumption from next week.

Jim-s

It was actually nice to see things almost like normal with things open, guards walking the train and such

As I have said in the 755 threD also, they do make a short trip into a nice settled journey, very comfortable and quiet when you sit down
yet to take a longer trip on them mainly just hop on and offs before with a child in a buggy so have got familiar with the vestibules

Status
Not open for further replies.