• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Loppylugs

Crikey, didn't expect it to last this long.

Sounds like a change of direction in front of this station could soak me.

It's in Essex and the change of direction is left to right. Giveaway !!

Calthrop

Established Member
I often feel sad at the dwindling big-time of Britain's rail network, compared to what there once was; but have to admit that I'm glad we're not playing this game a hundred years ago. There'd be just too many dratted stations to wade through alphabetical-list-wise -- it's bad enough nowadays !

D6130

Established Member
I often feel sad at the dwindling big-time of Britain's rail network, compared to what there once was; but have to admit that I'm glad we're not playing this game a hundred years ago. There'd be just too many dratted stations to wade through alphabetical-list-wise -- it's bad enough nowadays !
Polesworth?

Calthrop

Established Member
We might hear or read (neither with 100% accuracy) concerning this station, situated in one Celtic country: enter on list, a county in another Celtic country.

Calthrop

Established Member
Alternative clue:

In Italy, "caf." not the most favoured venue for meeting up with one's friends.