• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Good guesses but not the right answer.

Chris will help you find the fictitious copper at this station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Jordanhill?? (Put this down to my being a fan of Val McDermid's crime novels: in one series of hers, a crime-fighting "odd [but effective] couple" are DCI Carol Jordan, and Tony Hill; and a lesser character in that series is a, for a while, subordinate of Carol's named Chris -- short for Christine.)

Jordanhill?? (Put this down to my being a fan of Val McDermid's crime novels: in one series of hers, a crime-fighting "odd [but effective] couple" are DCI Carol Jordan, and Tony Hill; and a lesser character in that series is a, for a while, subordinate of Carol's named Chris -- short for Christine.)
The Chris in this case is a male name, if you take part of your answer and change it so it rhymes with another word that will lead to the
tv show the copper is in, that should lead you to the answer.

Calthrop

Established Member
The Chris in this case is a male name, if you take part of your answer and change it so it rhymes with another word that will lead to the
tv show the copper is in, that should lead you to the answer.

Thanks -- but I'm one of those annoying snobs who "don't do TV". Think I must, regretfully, write this one off.

Calthrop

Established Member
Batley?? Inhabitant of belfry = bat (the person shot at it but missed, so it's still happily flying around?) -- ley: old-fashioned farming term for land which has been untilled for some years; therefore zero return on it?

neilmc

Shanklin? (I had to look up "bad golf shots" and a picture of a sliced-up cow for inspiration)

Loppylugs

Well done, you were indeed inspired.
Just to clarify, a shank is a bad golf shot and the zero return is nil reversed. The Belfry being a famous golf course.
A shank is a cut of meat and the shortened track is line minus the "e".
Deservedly your floor neilmc.

D6130

Established Member
Thanks. How about
Found confused on a beer can ?

OK. No takers yet, so I'll give you a couple of clues:

This station has eight platforms, is electrified and is served by two different TOCs.

Last edited:

neilmc

I'll have a stab with VAUXHALL as I read it has 8 platforms and Vaux used to be brewery in Sunderland

D6130

Established Member
I'll have a stab with VAUXHALL as I read it has 8 platforms and Vaux used to be brewery in Sunderland
Very good try - I can see where you're coming from and you are correct on both points - but I'm afraid it's not the correct answer.

To try and hurry things along a bit, I shall say that the correct answer is an anagram of something that you might expect to find on a beer can.....and that four of the eight platforms are terminal bays.