• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Scotland East (Midland Bluebird and West Lothian operations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Of course as soon as they're transferred they're straight in service, they are needed hence why they are on loan.
I was wondering that, because when SN57 JAU (37268) and SN57 JBE (37269) were loaned to assist with social distancing it seemed they were in service the day after they were in service in Glasgow.

OmniCity999

Established Member
I was wondering that, because when SN57 JAU (37268) and SN57 JBE (37269) were loaned to assist with social distancing it seemed they were in service the day after they were in service in Glasgow.
If their needed, why would they borrow them then let them sit for an amount of time? There's no alterations that need done. Potentially vinyl legal lettering change if their staying for a while, otherwise a note can go in a window. But even then both instances can take less than 5 minutes to achieve.

Common sense...

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Saw Scania 61233 YM52UWN on the X22 going along Dalry Road around midday earlier, presume this is a recent reinstatement?

Wasn't paying much attention as I was driving but it looked like it had just been repainted as well? Can anyone confirm?

Saw Scania 61233 YM52UWN on the X22 going along Dalry Road around midday earlier, presume this is a recent reinstatement?

Wasn't paying much attention as I was driving but it looked like it had just been repainted as well? Can anyone confirm?
It's a loan from Larbert, It's been in the new coat of paint since the middle of last year, may even have been longer than that. It's been in regular use at Larbert

CN04NRJ

Established Member
It's a loan from Larbert, It's been in the new coat of paint since the middle of last year, may even have been longer than that. It's been in regular use at Larbert

Thanks. Didn't realise it was a Larbert vehicle, good to see such an old vehicle looking to smart.

scosutsut

If that's one of the batch that they used to run from Musselburgh the interiors on those are awful! Not First spec and the seats are those virtually padding free ironing board style things. Yuck yuck yuck!

DunsBus

Established Member
If that's one of the batch that they used to run from Musselburgh the interiors on those are awful! Not First spec and the seats are those virtually padding free ironing board style things. Yuck yuck yuck!
All of the 61214-33 batch, bar two, had these seats. The exceptions were 61228 and 61229 as they had the then-current Go North East interior spec.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It is, i agree the interior spec is poor, shame as they were good buses. 61233 is the only one left in service with First in Scotland. Although Aberdeen and Glasgow do have a few as driver trainers.

DunsBus

Established Member
Were they not brought in round about the time of the Edinburgh bus wars, hence why they were dealer stock?
There was a similar stock batch, on 51-plates, bought in for the bus war (and promptly sent south when it ended). 61214-33 were on 52-plates and were acquired for First's rail replacement unit for a contract in the Manchester area, with 61228 going to Galashiels still in dealer white.

Devon Sunset

There was a similar stock batch, on 51-plates, bought in for the bus war (and promptly sent south when it ended). 61214-33 were on 52-plates and were acquired for First's rail replacement unit for a contract in the Manchester area, with 61228 going to Galashiels still in dealer white.
Cheers

mb88

34396 an E400MMC, 42887 a Dart and 47463 a Streetlite are on loan from us. They have loans from Larbert as well I'm led to believe

34396 going round with paper route and destination in the windscreen, probably not bothered to update the screens. All well and good in the daylight but when it's dark people have no chance of being able to read them.

34396 going round with paper route and destination in the windscreen, probably not bothered to update the screens. All well and good in the daylight but when it's dark people have no chance of being able to read them.
Yeah I noticed too but oddly the near side and rear destination displays are active.

Picture on flickr of a working near side display below. (Credit to Andy Chalmers)

Picture on flickr of a working rear display below. My Photo.

mb88

I noticed that the near side and rear destination displays are active.

Ahh right never noticed that. Must be the front screen faulty then. Like the Solar that has been going round for about 18 months with bits of paper in the window. Dunno how that complies with PSVAR.

Volvodart

Established Member
It was the same when Aberdeen used to have buses on loan from Glasgow - not all the screens worked with Aberdeen's routes.

Ahh right never noticed that. Must be the front screen faulty then. Like the Solar that has been going round for about 18 months with bits of paper in the window. Dunno how that complies with PSVAR.
Yeah, oddly enough it was working before coming to West Lothian.

It would probably be compliant because numerous occasions First West Lothian have had the state of the art paper displays:lol:.

It was the same when Aberdeen used to have buses on loan from Glasgow - not all the screens worked with Aberdeen's routes.
I thought that all First Bus routes were programmed in every First Bus nationwide? (I may be wrong)

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
I thought that all First Bus routes were programmed in every First Bus nationwide? (I may be wrong)
No - definitely not. I'm not even sure the firmware on the destination controllers would be able to hold that much data!

Each operating company (so Aberdeen, Scotland East, Glasgow, etc) will program their displays separately, and hence the differing formatting between OpCos.

No - definitely not. I'm not even sure the firmware on the destination controllers would be able to hold that much data!

Each operating company (so Aberdeen, Scotland East, Glasgow, etc) will program their displays separately, and hence the differing formatting between OpCos.
Okay that makes sense, thank you :).

I know that 42887 has returned home after its very short term loan to First West Lothian but has 47463 returned home yet?
Thanks.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, why so many short-term loans?

If FSE is short of vehicles wouldn't it make more sense to transfer vehicles on a long term basis or is it a case of X depot has X vehicle spare for a number of days until they need it back?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

If FSE is short of vehicles wouldn't it make more sense to transfer vehicles on a long term basis or is it a case of X depot has X vehicle spare for a number of days until they need it back?
May simply be that they have had a couple of breakdowns and this is just to tide them over for a week or two.

lastbus

Short term shortage.

Status
Not open for further replies.