• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Darandio

Established Member
Roker Park, Billingham or Norton Sports Complex?

If it's neither of them then yes, do please tell!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It was 17th November 1998, FA Cup First Round, Darlington V Burnley.

The game finshed in a 3-2 victory for Darlington who, going into the 81st minute trailed the visitors 2-0 after two goals by Andy Payton. However strikes by Brian Atkinson on 81, Mario Dorner on 87 and a fantastic 90th minute winner by Mark Barnard fired the Quakers into round 2!

The match was played at................................................................................ The Riverside Stadium in Middlebsorugh as Feethams was, for a change, unplayable!

Last edited:

ReverendFozz

It was 17th November 1998, FA Cup First Round, Darlington V Burnley.

The game finshed in a 3-2 victory for Darlington who, going into the 81st minute trailed the visitors 2-0 after two goals by Andy Peyton. However strikes by Brian Atkinson on 81, Mario Dorner on 87 and a fantastic 90th minute winner by Mark Barnard fired the Quakers into round 2!

The match was played at................................................................................ The Riverside Stadium in Middlebsorugh as Feethams was, for a change, unplayable!

So after all the guessing, I got it with my very last guess, you live and learn, lol

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Really? In a world where many a player has had an undeserved good reputation over-inflated by the press department of his club (with a view to selling on)?

I was mindful of this posting when a very annoyed Brendan Rogers said that the admission by Luis Suarez in a South American sports paper that he had deliberately dived to gain a penalty in the match against Stoke City has been considered and a suitable punishment was being considered by Liverpool FC. Brendan Rogers gave the impression of being let down by a player to whom he had given much personal support so far.

It appears that certain players do not go out of their way to enhance their reputation when other seek to defend them against the press.

SS4

Established Member
It appears that certain players do not go out of their way to enhance their reputation when other seek to defend them against the press.

If the Press dislike you then you could have a disciplinary record like Laudrup and it'd not help you in the slightest.
Tabloids acting as judge, jury and executioner (this goes way behind the football pitch) is despicable and with Leveson's findings swept under the rug they've learnt they can threaten politicians to get their own way which is, of course, entirely dictated by profit and leads us to a very dangerous world where a person's reputation, and in extreme cases their safety, can be shattered on mere rumour.

(rant over :lol:)

Last edited:

Anon Mouse

Established Member
Although I only started supporting Darlo more recently, Brian Atkinson was my favouritre player as a nipper, as was big Marco G as well :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

OLE OLE OLE OLE MARCO, MARCO......>all together now?< :D

Mr Spock

Nigel Adkins sacked by Southampton and replaced by Argentinian Mauricio Pochettino.

Pochettino left Espanyol by mutual consent in November and in the nearly 3 years there managed to win 49 of 146 matches as against Adkins winning 67 of 124 matches at Southampton.

Another club that thinks the only way forward is to have a foreign manager.

David

Established Member
I don't think Adkins will be out of work very long, as he is 1 of the best English managers around.

Possibility for the Newcastle job is Pardew leaves or gets sacked?

David

Established Member
There's a lot of matches been called off already.

With regards to the TPL, both League matches are off, and Southend v Plymouth (thankfully, as I forgot to make a prediction :oops:) is also postponed (1 of 8 L2 matches postponed).

The Conference is fairing a bit better currently, with 6 games called off.

Full list - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/21078417
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Absolute madness....successive promotions followed by the sack :idea:

That's after 2 promotions in 3 seasons at Scunthorpe!

richw

Veteran Member
Nigel Adkins' replacement doesnt speak English apparently.He undertook a press conference through a translator. Hope he doesnt need a translator for training.
The BBC article has received over 2000 comments in 9 hours, unbelievable amount of commenting, and all against the boards decision

west ham had a penalty denied for hand ball that was pretty much the same as the one man utd did get. why does this always seem to happen at old trafford? for all the nation to see. nothing but old trafford decisions.
thats a ban for alladyce after those comments. no doubt.

and alladyce is charged for his comments. wow. given what fergie has got away with this season I find this sickening and very very sinister.

fergie can say what he wants. no one elsy can. blatant double standards. sad.
shocking attendance at leicester tonight for the visit of middlesbrough. shame because it's been a good game.

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
shocking attendance at leicester tonight for the visit of middlesbrough. shame because it's been a good game.

If their weather has been anything like ours I'm surprised it went ahead at all
Casper Schmichael has just saved an injury time penalty keeping the score 1-0 to Leicester

If their weather has been anything like ours I'm surprised it went ahead at all
Casper Schmichael has just saved an injury time penalty keeping the score 1-0 to Leicester

yep. wanted emnes to score but poor penalty. what was the weather like in west midlands today? ive been off work today and yesterday but usually I'd be travelling back to leeds today.

SS4

Established Member
yep. wanted emnes to score but poor penalty. what was the weather like in west midlands today? ive been off work today and yesterday but usually I'd be travelling back to leeds today.

It was snowing mediumly up until about 6pm and now lightly. Temperature has been about -3 but traffic near me (no work today so didn't go far from home) has been terrible to the point where I was outpacing some cars

David

Established Member
The Blackburn Rovers owners and directors must be breathing a big sigh of relief as they are no longer the biggest laughing stock in football. Instead, that honour now goes to the owner of Southampton. :lol:

In other news, Blackpool have reportedly contacted Nigel Adkins about th vacent managers position at Bloomfield Road.

SS4

Established Member
At least the Villa aren't losing :lol:
My dad supports West Brom so I may be in an incommunicado exile tonight :(

valenta

I'm sorry, but to get beaten at home to Reading is unacceptable. A complete lack of tactical awareness from Pardew, taking all creativity off the pitch.
I'm going to have to say it. PARDEW OUT!

David

Established Member
Look on the bright side Valenta, if Pardew does go, at least there is a decent manager available for once :lol: