• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Hats of again to Luton, scored 4 goals again, this time @ Newcastle. Their next game is @ home to Sheffield Utd next Saturday what's the odds on them doing it again?
At the moment Villa are 4-0 up against Sheffield Utd after 30 minutes!
Ridiculous amount of goals in the Premier league today... 26 goals in 5 matches...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JD2168

Arsenal have beaten Liverpool 3-1 at the Emirates Stadium with a couple of defensive mistakes during the game. One for Arsenal at the end of the first half to give Liverpool an equaliser & one in the second half from Liverpool involving Van Dijk & Allison. Liverpool also had Konate sent off for two bookings.

In the other matches Manchester United beat a disappointing West Ham 3-0, Chelsea lost 4-2 at home to Wolves & Bournemouth & Nottingham Forest drew 1-1.

75A

Established Member
Only saw the last 25 minutes of the Arsenal / Liverpool game 'live' all the others on MOTD, but two things struck me with this weekend:
No issues with VAR
How a lot of the goals involved questionable goalkeeping.

JD2168

A downside of Manchester United’s win against West Ham is Defender Lisandro Martinez has been ruled out for up to 8 weeks with a knee injury.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Meanwhile, Brentford are only 2 points above Luton.

It will be interesting to see which of Brentford and Palace go down with Sheff U and Burnley. My guess is that Toney will start scoring soon and that will be enough to keep them up.

Haywain

Veteran Member
It will be interesting to see which of Brentford and Palace go down with Sheff U and Burnley. My guess is that Toney will start scoring soon and that will be enough to keep them up.
You reckon Forest and Everton will survive then?

dangie

Established Member
It will be interesting to see which of Brentford and Palace go down with Sheff U and Burnley.
Friends of mine are thanking me for the continuing accuracy of my predictions. At the start of the season I predicted Wolves would be relegated. Now they are really playing well. If they carry on as they are doing, qualifying for Europe next season is a distinct possibility.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
If they carry on as they are doing, qualifying for Europe next season is a distinct possibility.

This season is a distinct possibility! Wolves would be 6th now if it weren‘t for 3 or 4 VAR howlers. And there’s always the cup…

To be fair, I don’t know anyone who thought Wolves would stay up this year. Given the prevailing circumstances when he took the job, O’Neill should be an outside candidate for Manager of the season.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Everton always survive; no matter how bad they are, a sort of reverse curse prevents them being relegated by ensuring there are always worse teams around them. Nailed on to survive.

DannyMich2018

Everton always survive; no matter how bad they are, a sort of reverse curse prevents them being relegated by ensuring there are always worse teams around them. Nailed on to survive.
I agree completely. My other half always says there's worse teams than them and they won't go down. After their 10 point deduction they didn't take many games to get those points back (if it wasn't for the deduction they'd be 12th!!). Luton seem to be playing well and deservedly should stay up.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Luton have exceeded expectations for sure. They’ve been unspectacular (for the most part) but I would have expected them to go down at the start of the season. They’re doing enough at the moment.

Haywain

Veteran Member
A reminder of where Luton have come from - these were our results from February 2013:

Barrow (A) L 0-1
Forest Green (H) D 1-1
Dartford (A) L 0-1
Millwall (H) L 0-3 FA Cup round 5
Macclesfield (A) D 1-1
Mansfield (H) L 2-3
Braintree (A) L 0-2

We've scored the same number of goals in one match in February 2024!

75A

Established Member
What I like about Luton is they haven't laid down and died like Sheffield Utd, if they do (and I hope they don't) go down it'll be fighting

Kiryu

Brentford fan here.

We’ve struggled big time this season, especially with injuries. Having Toney back is great, but it does not change the fact that our defence and goalkeeping has been overall very poor. It’s a shame because stats suggest that we’d have the 5th best defence in the league.

Flekken (GK) had an excellent game against City on Monday night, but it frustrates me that’s the case because he hasn’t been able to replicate that in almost all games prior.

Our games coming up are also very tricky, I can’t really see where the wins will come in.

My heart says we’ll finish 15-16th but relegation is definitely a probability and something I’m prepared to face. Interestingly Brentford have never been any lower than 16th in the Premier League so lets see what happens haha.

UTB

Last edited:

75A

Established Member
Plenty of time for Stoke to fire & hire a couple more managers :frown:
Good grief, Chelsea who've been rubbish away all season are 2-0 up after 21 minutes @ Villa Park in a F.A.Cup replay.

Good grief, Chelsea who've been rubbish away all season are 2-0 up after 21 minutes @ Villa Park in a F.A.Cup replay.
Now 3-0 after 53 minutes, who'd of thought.

Villa scored in injury time to make the result Villa 1 Chelsea 3, meaning Leeds will be going to Stamford Bridge in the next round.
Were Chelsea good or Villa bad? probably a bit of both.

Last edited:

Harvester

Established Member

Thoroughly deserved the win too! Dominated the game, a really good performance.

Ivor

Originally Balham & now The West Sussex Coastway

Villa scored in injury time to make the result Villa 1 Chelsea 3, meaning Leeds will be going to Stamford Bridge in the next round.
For once Chelsea showed a bit of commitment, as a fan I’m pleased but I need to see what they do in the coming games….Palace & City away then Wembley v Liverpool.

Norm_D_Ploom

AV were well off it.

I would be interested to hear people's views about the Jude / Foden debate.

Are we in danger of having another Lampard/ Gerrard situation

Can the team function effectively with them both in it or can a stronger 11 be selected with just 1 of them in it ?

Personally Jude, all day every day behind Kane and if Foden is to play then probably off the left.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I would be interested to hear people's views about the Jude / Foden debate.

Are we in danger of having another Lampard/ Gerrard situation

Can the team function effectively with them both in it or can a stronger 11 be selected with just 1 of them in it ?

Personally Jude, all day every day behind Kane and if Foden is to play then probably off the left.
You appear to be talking about players from several different clubs, and I'm not even sure which Jude you might be referring to.