• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

4F89

Has anyone been offered a role/put into a pool who doesn’t come from a railway background..?

Yup, management, warehouse and food history here

I have applied for Crewe... I feel it went ok, they were really nice, but I figure they're obviously going to be nice to everyone and it doesn't really give me any indication that I passed... I don't like the fact we had to leave them with our CVs, as on paper I don't think i'm an obvious candidate at all so if it comes down to just picking from CVs im not sure I like my chances :(

You wanna see my CV then, it's aweful and I still got through dude, don't worry about that!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brooksy

Think outside the box mate. You don’t have to have exciting examples at all. What’s your background?
The funny thing is my background is rail lol I currently work for Freightliner! Was thinking of using the work side but don’t want to seem cocky? (If you know what I mean) and saying that the working days are not really action packed lol, think I will write down some things I do during a day?

Brooksy

Do they ask certain questions for you to answer or do you have to just put down things that you have encountered during you life?

Stigy

Established Member
Do they ask certain questions for you to answer or do you have to just put down things that you have encountered during you life?
You’ll be fine, don’t worry.

They give you a sheet of paper with six questions on it. You have to write very briefly, what the scenario is. You’ll then be asked to elaborate during the MMI and go in to more detail. The assessor will ask probing questions on your scenarios until she’s satisfied with them. It’s really relaxed. I wouldn’t worry about sounding cocky as it’s unlikely to come across that way. The situation judgement excersize forms part of this, and the answers you give to that will prompt how you are questioned during your MMI (although you probably won’t notice this).

martin2345uk

Established Member
I can't imagine how you could come across as cocky by using examples from your work, if you have the examples then use them :)

Brooksy

You’ll be fine, don’t worry.

They give you a sheet of paper with six questions on it. You have to write very briefly, what the scenario is. You’ll then be asked to elaborate during the MMI and go in to more detail. The assessor will ask probing questions on your scenarios until she’s satisfied with them. It’s really relaxed. I wouldn’t worry about sounding cocky as it’s unlikely to come across that way. The situation judgement excersize forms part of this, and the answers you give to that will prompt how you are questioned during your MMI (although you probably won’t notice this).
Cheers bud that’s just what I wanted to know. Roll on next week :)

Lendog2012

The funny thing is my background is rail lol I currently work for Freightliner! Was thinking of using the work side but don’t want to seem cocky? (If you know what I mean) and saying that the working days are not really action packed lol, think I will write down some things I do during a day?

Hi, I am from the railway and used examples of my experiences along with a few others. If an experience is relevant to the question then use it. Just be ready to explain the details, outcomes and any learning. I passed and placed in the pool so the best of luck!

Brooksy

Hi, I am from the railway and used examples of my experiences along with a few others. If an experience is relevant to the question then use it. Just be ready to explain the details, outcomes and any learning. I passed and placed in the pool so the best of luck!
fingers crossed I’ll be there too lol

R Trevithick

Make sure any examples used in these scenario based questions are true.

You have to talk about them and that is a difficult thing to maintain if you’ve made them up.

Don’t stress. Remember that from 100s possibly 1000s of applicants they have chosen to interview you. (I know that’s easier said than done but it is something I now use to calm any nerves if I’m on interview).

They want you to do well and aren’t there to deliberately trip you up.

Good luck to all applying

Stigy

Established Member
I was told 4000 applicants in my DMI.
Was just going to say this. Yes me too....but I guess it was the same manager haha. As he had just mentioned this, then asked about greatest achievements, I said this was up there with said achievements given how many applicants they had.

Brooksy

Was just going to say this. Yes me too....but I guess it was the same manager haha. As he had just mentioned this, then asked about greatest achievements, I said this was up there with said achievements given how many applicants they had.
Can you remember the name of the manager?

Seejwalker

Anyone got any tips on the computer tests? Is the two hand all about how fast you do it I appreciate you won’t always stay in the shape just wondering what it was like?
Thanks in advance.
Don't over think any of the tests, just go and do them. It's all about finding a balance between being fast but accurate, the tests are all really straight forward.

Seejwalker

How come you had two line manager interviews.
The two who interviewed me at Crewe had slightly conflicting opinions but had left no feedback as to why. They score you out of 25 and I received 25/25 18/25.
They needed a third opinion. It's all settled now and was a mystery to my second interviewer.

Mike121

The two who interviewed me at Crewe had slightly conflicting opinions but had left no feedback as to why. They score you out of 25 and I received 25/25 18/25.
They needed a third opinion. It's all settled now and was a mystery to my second interviewer.

Ah very strange!
Do you work for Freightliner already?

Seejwalker

Ah very strange!
Do you work for Freightliner already?
No, I left the Army a couple of years back and started working for a charity. I'm unemployed at the moment, and the uncertainty of what it means to be in the candidate pool is worrying.

martin2345uk

Established Member

So you had two manager interviews and the MMI all on the same day? Harsh!

Seejwalker

So you had two manager interviews and the MMI all on the same day? Harsh!
No thankfully not, I done the MMI and first DMI on the same day but had the second Managers Interview a couple of weeks later. I'm now sat comfortably waiting in the candidate pool not knowing exactly what that means going forward.

Seejwalker

Yes I was told that too pal, it's a guaranteed job if you're in a talent pool with Freightliner. Really positive methods of recruitment.
Did this come from HR, the answer I received was pretty vague and seemed as though they didn't really know what was going on themselves.

Stigy

Established Member
Must have been very nerve wracking being asked to attend another DMI!? You’re there now though and I’m sure it won’t be long!

Status
Not open for further replies.