• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seejwalker

It would mean space for only three more courses next and total of 48 candidates being trained. Which is actually alot of new drivers if you think about it.

Diff

I used HGV on most of the MMI questions as its mostly like train driving with in the safety side of things

Nice, did you pass? How much did they get into it? Did you at all need to show your knowledge of the WTD rules? Or wasn’t that even necessary to mention in detail, just mention you know and understand them?

Cheers :)

Flyboy

Just had my contract through, Start on the 10th December! Training at Ipswich, was down for Peak Forest but ended up with Doncaster. Lot closer to me which is brilliant. Thank you to everyone on here for the tonnes of advice and help, and good luck to everyone still going for it. Don't give up.

Firstly Deano, well done Sir, a great Christmas present!

Secondly, I'm also close to Doncaster but the current vacancies are for Tilbury, Wembley, Reading and London, all considerably more than 90 minutes from where we are. Can I ask, were the listed depots different when you applied? I guess they must have been.

Seejwalker

Firstly Deano, well done Sir, a great Christmas present!

Secondly, I'm also close to Doncaster but the current vacancies are for Tilbury, Wembley, Reading and London, all considerably more than 90 minutes from where we are. Can I ask, were the listed depots different when you applied? I guess they must have been.

To answer the question for you mate, yes they where different. There where alot more depots when recruitment opened around May this year, the recruitment for these depots has now closed and they just opened up for the depots you mentioned above, which are now closed too as of today I believe.

Seejwalker

Well, only start date confirmed is group 1 at crewe. Maybe additional training at Ipswich tho.

Yeah it looks like Ipswich has training starting on the 10th December. Did they also start a course at Ipswich a couple of months back?

boogie

Nice, did you pass? How much did they get into it? Did you at all need to show your knowledge of the WTD rules? Or wasn’t that even necessary to mention in detail, just mention you know and understand them?

Cheers :)
you only put down a sentence to each of the 6 questions and then they scrutinise them sentences in the interview (MMI) they ask things like what do you do as soon as you get in the cab, what checks and a lot of "why"
and yes i did pass, just had medical and awaiting contract

Diff

you only put down a sentence to each of the 6 questions and then they scrutinise them sentences in the interview (MMI) they ask things like what do you do as soon as you get in the cab, what checks and a lot of "why"
and yes i did pass, just had medical and awaiting contract

Congrats :) Ahh right they go into detail then, cheers for that :)

delticdeano74

Firstly Deano, well done Sir, a

Cheers pal. Aye, not half!

Yeah as #seejaywalker said, they were different. Doncaster wasn't listed at all and I applied for Peak Forest, so was very pleasantly surprised when I found out.

Pete C

Just trying to work out if they really have sent my contract or if I just got the email by mistake :)

Pete C

I did Pete. Still nothing in the post though. I’m also wondering if it was a mistake???
Well when I returned the uniform form I asked what the start date on the contract would be in case I needed to let my current job know and they said 10th Dec. Hopefully it's true, I just would really like to have the physical evidence in my hand! :D

RoseA

Well when I returned the uniform form I asked what the start date on the contract would be in case I needed to let my current job know and they said 10th Dec. Hopefully it's true, I just would really like to have the physical evidence in my hand! :D
Well that sounds promising! But yes, physical evidence would be nice. I’ll just wait patiently...

Stigy

Established Member
I wish my email was a mistake :)

Pete C

Just got my contract through for Heavy Haul @ Tilbury, training from 10th Dec in Ipswich :)

Status
Not open for further replies.