• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

As I suggested upthread, not a question that anyone was ever likely to ever guess! ;)
The reason I asked the question was because you had done so well with the quiz's I have set recently, I thought time to really test
the grey matter and you didn't disappoint.

Thanks to all those who took part, I can reveal we have joint winners with both @Calthrop & @SteveM70 answering correctly a
the 3 part question each. Would you please discuss between you who would like to set the next question.

SteveM70

Established Member
Eight teams have finished runners up in the top flight of English football (football league and premier league) without ever winning it. Name them please

perryman

I'll throw in Stoke City - I know they've only won the League Cup back in the 70s but were a big team back in the 50s (and possibly before).

LSWR Cavalier

Established Member
Cardiff, Millwall? Norwich? Middlesbrough, Wimbledon, Hull, Oxford United, Notts County, Wigan? Or did they win the FA cup and get relegated at the same time? Some clubs in the lower divisions used to be up there, can not think of any now.

SteveM70

Established Member
Lets try - Burnley, Crystal Palace, Everton, Norwich & Wolves.

None of those I’m afraid

Cardiff, Millwall? Norwich? Middlesbrough, Wimbledon, Hull, Oxford United, Notts County, Wigan? Or did they win the FA cup and get relegated at the same time? Some clubs in the lower divisions used to be up there, can not think of any now.

Cardiff is correct but none of the others

That’s four right now, so four more to go

SteveM70

Established Member
Bradford (two clubs), Bristol (two clubs)? Sheffield United? Surely Sheffield Wednesday have won it? Brighton, Portsmouth?

I’ll give you Bristol City out of that little lot. Wednesday are four time champions though not since 1929/30 and I’d say they’re hardly likely to win it again any time soon. Sheffield United have one title, in 1897/98. Portsmouth have won it twice.

Not Bury

Three left

LSWR Cavalier

Established Member
Three left I think, may we have some clues please? Do they all still exist under the same names? Blackpool? Preston NE (I imagine they have won it)?