• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

safetrain

hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place to ask of anyone could help.
ive passed all my assessments and interviews with gtr Thameslink around the end of March.
ive heard that even if you pass youre not garanteed a start date, and how would candidates normally stack against each other as in whats the criteria for me to go ahead or behind others? is it scores or date of passing.
thank you for the help

Quin79

hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place to ask of anyone could help.
ive passed all my assessments and interviews with gtr Thameslink around the end of March.
ive heard that even if you pass youre not garanteed a start date, and how would candidates normally stack against each other as in whats the criteria for me to go ahead or behind others? is it scores or date of passing.
thank you for the help
Wish I knew as seems a closely guarded secret. Seems a fluid process in my opinion where people pass all the time and enter the "pool" meaning probably move up and down. My opinion, not based on fact, is it is a complex process where they have to look at everything from date of assessment pass, date of application, date of interview pass, what depot you are going for and probably your scores on everything you have passed during the process. With the number of applications for the number of positions could be a long wait.

safetrain

Wish I knew as seems a closely guarded secret. Seems a fluid process in my opinion where people pass all the time and enter the "pool" meaning probably move up and down. My opinion, not based on fact, is it is a complex process where they have to look at everything from date of assessment pass, date of application, date of interview pass, what depot you are going for and probably your scores on everything you have passed during the process. With the number of applications for the number of positions could be a long wait.
Thank you for sharing you knowledge with me. I’ve passed quite early (I think) so hopefully shouldn’t be that long :)

Quin79

Thank you for sharing you knowledge with me. I’ve passed quite early (I think) so hopefully shouldn’t be that long :)
There are already people in the pool from previous application rounds not just this most recent

REO Nate

There are already people in the pool from previous application rounds not just this most recent
Yup

I have a friend who applied in February 2019, who is still waiting for a course date for Southern.

He’s very disillusioned about it all

Quin79

Yup

I have a friend who applied in February 2019, who is still waiting for a course date for Southern.

He’s very disillusioned about it all
Is he getting monthly updates? May be worth while him contacting HR to make sure still active. Could be the depot going for not having vacancies. It is I imagine quite stressful having passed everything years ago to just be sat waiting for something that may come to nothing in the end

REO Nate

Is he getting monthly updates? May be worth while him contacting HR to make sure still active. Could be the depot going for not having vacancies. It is I imagine quite stressful having passed everything years ago to just be sat waiting for something that may come to nothing in the end
Yes, he’s getting the monthly updates so he knows it’s still active, just absolutely no sign of a course.

In regards to my application I’m with thameslink for Brighton. It is frustrating waiting that long with no info
How long have you been waiting?

I’m waiting for TL DMI, having passed everything else to enhanced level elsewhere. I can imagine if I pass the DMI, I am in for a lonnnnnng wait.

safetrain

Yes, he’s getting the monthly updates so he knows it’s still active, just absolutely no sign of a course.

How long have you been waiting?

I’m waiting for TL DMI, having passed everything else to enhanced level elsewhere. I can imagine if I pass the DMI, I am in for a lonnnnnng wait.end
Since the end of March

REO Nate

I know someone who’s waiting for an MMI and others who are at earlier stages. Hbu are you waiting abs if so, with whom?
Ide hope it’s early enough for a course
I’m waiting for a DMI with Thameslink and Southern, having already passed everything else to enhanced level elsewhere.

REO Nate

Allow me this silly question. What do you mean by enhanced, aren’t we doing the same tests?
There are two standards

National and enhanced

Some TOC’s require the tests be passed to an enhanced level to proceed with them.

NorthernTech

There are two standards

National and enhanced

Some TOC’s require the tests be passed to an enhanced level to proceed with them.
There is one official ‘standard’ pass rate, but some toc’s and foc’s have enhanced pass rates that are individual to that company. My understanding is that the companies that ask for more than the standard pass rate have differing enhanced scores, not just one ‘enhanced’ level.