• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Newcastle (09/02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MawCo

Yes it might but end of the day no matter the batch if your good enough when your time comes you will make it

They could of course also be saving the best for last :lol:
I like the idea of saving the best for last haha - here's hoping there's some news for some of us soon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kcol91

I have 2 degrees and was asked for my GCSE certificates. I believe it’s a condition of the apprenticeship that you have maths and English GCSE so they have to have the evidence of that.
No I don't have a degree, I think the gcse or equivalent is to be eligible for the apprenticeship, I know when I served my time some had to do key skills to make up their poor grades. I'm guessing lner don't want to have to go through that with people, given the intensity of the courses I can see why. I also remember some people having to start at NVQ L1 due to poor grades where I went straight in at L2.

adampavarotti

No I don't have a degree, I think the gcse or equivalent is to be eligible for the apprenticeship, I know when I served my time some had to do key skills to make up their poor grades. I'm guessing lner don't want to have to go through that with people, given the intensity of the courses I can see why. I also remember some people having to start at NVQ L1 due to poor grades where I went straight in at L2.
Have you been within the talent pool then?

Ja88l

Afternoon everyone. Sent off my GCSE results last week, still not heard anything but looking forward to being involved in the process. Anyone got a date for interview after sending in GCSE results?

cc3000

Afternoon everyone. Sent off my GCSE results last week, still not heard anything but looking forward to being involved in the process. Anyone got a date for interview after sending in GCSE results?
Hi - I’m in the same boat but haven’t had a date yet for an interview.

Traindriver99

Hello. Can I ask you if the GCSE is realted to your marks in math and english during your high school at the age of 16 or are they the marks taken in the last year of high school before attending the University ? Thanks.

Hi - I’m in the same boat but haven’t had a date yet for an interview.
Hello. Can I ask you if the GCSE is realted to your marks in math and english during your high school at the age of 16 or are they the marks taken in the last year of high school before attending the University ? Thanks

cc3000

Hello. Can I ask you if the GCSE is realted to your marks in math and english during your high school at the age of 16 or are they the marks taken in the last year of high school before attending the University ? Thanks.

Hello. Can I ask you if the GCSE is realted to your marks in math and english during your high school at the age of 16 or are they the marks taken in the last year of high school before attending the University ? Thanks
GCSE’s are taken when you’re 16

Traindriver99

In old money, broadly equivalent to O Levels
So, in my case because I have to provide an equivalent from the country where I have taken math abd English when I was 16, because in my country there is not a sort of GCSE at the age of 16 but simply a final mark of that year in math and english, I would simply need to provide that translated in English. Is that correct?

Ja88l

So, in my case because I have to provide an equivalent from the country where I have taken math abd English when I was 16, because in my country there is not a sort of GCSE at the age of 16 but simply a final mark of that year in math and english, I would simply need to provide that translated in English. Is that correct?
I would imagine that would be the case, as long as you have proof etc. Might be worth emailing them just to double check. They got back to me quite quickly when I said I had to order duplicates but would get them to them ASAP.

Traindriver99

I would imagine that would be the case, as long as you have proof etc. Might be worth emailing them just to double check. They got back to me quite quickly when I said I had to order duplicates but would get them to them ASAP.
Did you need to provide an equivalent of GCSE as well? When you get the email to send to them that certificate, did they give you a deadline(for instance within 3 days)? Thanks.

Ja88l

Did you need to provide an equivalent of GCSE as well? When you get the email to send to them that certificate, did they give you a deadline(for instance within 3 days)? Thanks.
Yeah, I had to provide proof of qualifications. There was no deadline, they just informed me they couldn’t proceed in the process unless I could show them.

Traindriver99

Yeah, I had to provide proof of qualifications. There was no deadline, they just informed me they couldn’t proceed in the process unless I could show them.
Understood. When did you do the video interview ? I personally did 2 weeks ago and I have not heard anything yet. I don't know if it is a positive or negative sign... What do you think?

Ja88l

Understood. When did you do the video interview ? I personally did 2 weeks ago and I have not heard anything yet. I don't know if it is a positive or negative sign... What do you think?
I would imagine it takes time to check all qualifications and possibly waiting on interview dates. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Also, did the video interview middle of Feb. Took around 2-3 weeks to get an email asking for proof of certificates.

Last edited:

Traindriver99

I would imagine it takes time to check all qualifications and possibly waiting on interview dates. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Also, did the video interview middle of Feb. Took around 2-3 weeks to get an email asking for proof of certificates.
Thanks for your answers.

I took mine a month ago and haven’t heard either way!
Hello. Yes, hopefully we would hear something positive back soon. Are you English?

cc3000

Hey. Just wondering if anyone has had a date for the face to face interview yet?

Also, he’s anyone had to send off for their GCSE results from their examination board?

Emilali

Hey. Just wondering if anyone has had a date for the face to face interview yet?

Also, he’s anyone had to send off for their GCSE results from their examination board?
They are carrying out face to face interviews this week for Newcastle.

cc3000

They are carrying out face to face interviews this week for Newcastle.
Do you have an interview?

No date as yet, sent off GCSE results last week.
Yeah I sent for mine on 06/03. Got an email today stating it will take up to 4 weeks… wonder if we will have to have the actual results before they ask us in for an interview or if the fact that we’ve emailed for results will suffice.

Ja88l

Do you have an interview?

Yeah I sent for mine on 06/03. Got an email today stating it will take up to 4 weeks… wonder if we will have to have the actual results before they ask us in for an interview or if the fact that we’ve emailed for results will suffice.
Interesting. I’ve had no emails at all, the job is still open so seems to be an ongoing process. Did they say it will take 4 weeks for your interview date?

cc3000

Interesting. I’ve had no emails at all, the job is still open so seems to be an ongoing process. Did they say it will take 4 weeks for your interview date?
No, I meant AQA said it would be 4 weeks for my GCSE results to be sent to me.
Haven’t heard anything from LNER since the email asking for my notice period and results info.

Ja88l

No, I meant AQA said it would be 4 weeks for my GCSE results to be sent to me.
Haven’t heard anything from LNER since the email asking for my notice period and results info.
Ahhh I see. They told me when I had to order replacements that it was fine for me to do that, but they couldn’t progress unless they’d seen them. I had to pay for fast track on mine so luckily they came within a week.

cc3000

Ahhh I see. They told me when I had to order replacements that it was fine for me to do that, but they couldn’t progress unless they’d seen them. I had to pay for fast track on mine so luckily they came within a week
Ahhh I see. They told me when I had to order replacements that it was fine for me to do that, but they couldn’t progress unless they’d seen them. I had to pay for fast track on mine so luckily they came within a week.
Nice.
There was no fast track available for mine so I’m just having to wait. Nightmare man.

Ja88l

Nice.
There was no fast track available for mine so I’m just having to wait. Nightmare man.
I had to get English from WJEC then Maths from OCR (maths had fast track option). The one for English said it would take up to 6 weeks and was emailed to me within a day or two. Hopefully doesn’t take too long mate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.