• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Newcastle (09/02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traindriver99

I think it might just be a timeline thing - like I was first to be asked for certs then I think it was a couple of days/ a week later others were asked for them. There’s a good chance more interviews will be sent out in the coming days
Hello. What do you think about candidates who upload their video interview at the beginning of march with no reponses yet regarding sending the certificates and being invited for an interview face to face?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kcol91

I think it might just be a timeline thing - like I was first to be asked for certs then I think it was a couple of days/ a week later others were asked for them. There’s a good chance more interviews will be sent out in the coming days
Quite possibly, I think the recruitment process for this role is like no other, and there's absolutely no rush with them either

Ja88l

Out of curiosity, when were you asked for your Certificates?

Hello. What do you think about candidates who upload their video interview at the beginning of march with no reponses yet regarding sending the certificates and being invited for an interview face to face?
I would say not to worry about it, there are so many video interviews to get through, then having to wait for interview dates etc. It's just a matter of being patient with them. It might be that they're only a small team and have a lot of people to get through.

Traindriver99

I would say not to worry about it, there are so many video interviews to get through, then having to wait for interview dates etc. It's just a matter of being patient with them. It might be that they're only a small team and have a lot of people to get through.
Yes it might be the case. Finger cross to everybody who are still on the "candidates pool".

MawCo

I was asked for my certs on the 3rd March so it was about a two week wait. From experience, this process is much quicker than the usual wait with other TOCs as most take months to get back to you, even from the application.

I think it’s just a matter of time - I submitted my video on Feb 10th and was asked for certs about 3-weeks later so it’s just a waiting game. It could be you hear back in the next week or two

Ja88l

I was asked for my certs on the 3rd March so it was about a two week wait. From experience, this process is much quicker than the usual wait with other TOCs as most take months to get back to you, even from the application.

I think it’s just a matter of time - I submitted my video on Feb 10th and was asked for certs about 3-weeks later so it’s just a waiting game. It could be you hear back in the next week or two
Ah OK, I was asked for my certificates on 1st March, but it took a week for the duplicates to come through so I'm hoping it would be within the next week to find out. Not stressing about it though. I remember applying for Northern Rail a few years back for a trainee driver and it took at least a couple of months to hear back from application, so this process seems quicker than others.

kcol91

Congratulations! Hope it all goes well. Have you had to wait long since video interview, handing certificates in?
Thanks? Time to prepare yet again, at least this time there's someone there to gauge their reactions.

I did video interview around 16th Feb, Sent certificates and notice period 3rd March. Hope this helps. As others have said, it must be a case of working through the videos and deciding deciding which way people progress from there.

Traindriver99

Hello everyone. It seems quiet since few days. Has anyone got any news regarding email received, interviews on Microsoft done ect?

kcol91

Thanks for this info! I thought they might have been interviewing initially based on when assessments/VI were conducted/passed. But if this is the case, then at least we should know over the next week or two.

I've just got an email through for an interview for next week
What day is your interview? Hoping it goes well!

DarloDave

I've just had an email from LNER to say that they are at various stages of the recruitment process and it may take some time to get through all the applications.

FYI in case anyone wants to gauge their own timescale, I submitted my video interview on 20th Feb.

Fingers, and everything else, crossed :D

Ja88l

I've just had an email from LNER to say that they are at various stages of the recruitment process and it may take some time to get through all the applications.

FYI in case anyone wants to gauge their own timescale, I submitted my video interview on 20th Feb.

Fingers, and everything else, crossed :D
I’ve just received the same email. Hoping this isn’t an email you get before ‘thanks but no thanks’ . I’d hope not though as they’ve asked for my GCSE results

Traindriver99

I’ve just received the same email. Hoping this isn’t an email you get before ‘thanks but no thanks’ . I’d hope not though as they’ve asked for my GCSE results
This is the email I have received:
Regarding your application for the role of Apprentice Driver (Newcastle),

We are currently working as quickly as possible to review all applications for the above post. At this time we are at various stages of the process. Please be assured that we are working as quickly as possible to get through all the applications and update candidates but this is taking some time due to the number of applications we have received in response to this role.

Kind regards
LNER Resourcing Team

Did they also ask you in the same email the result of the GCSE or was it in a separate one?

Ja88l

This is the email I have received:
Regarding your application for the role of Apprentice Driver (Newcastle),

We are currently working as quickly as possible to review all applications for the above post. At this time we are at various stages of the process. Please be assured that we are working as quickly as possible to get through all the applications and update candidates but this is taking some time due to the number of applications we have received in response to this role.

Kind regards
LNER Resourcing Team

Did they also ask you in the same email the result of the GCSE or was it in a separate one?
They asked for my GCSE’s on 1st March, that was a separate email. This is the only thing I’ve heard from them since I’ve sent them in.

Traindriver99

They asked for my GCSE’s on 1st March, that was a separate email. This is the only thing I’ve heard from them since I’ve sent them in.
Ok, so you have uploaded on the 20th of February the video interview, then on the 1st of march they asked you for the result of the GCSE, and today you have got that email.
In my case, I uploaded my video interview on the beginning of march and got only the above email without sending to my the email about my GCSE previously... I hope that the fact I didn't receive that email before this is not that "thank you but unfortunately "

Ja88l

Ok, so you have uploaded on the 20th of February the video interview, then on the 1st of march they asked you for the result of the GCSE, and today you have got that email.
In my case, I uploaded my video interview on the beginning of march and got only the above email without sending to my the email about my GCSE previously... I hope that the fact I didn't receive that email before this is not that "thank you but unfortunately "
No, I completed my video interview on 14th Feb.

kcol91

I completed my video interview the 16th February, they requested gcse results and notice period 3rd March, and I have an interview with DTM on Friday this week. I also received the above email, so it looks as if it has been sent to all applicants.

Traindriver99

I completed my video interview the 16th February, they requested gcse results and notice period 3rd March, and I have an interview with DTM on Friday this week. I also received the above email, so it looks as if it has been sent to all applicants.
Hello. Did they ask you to provide a GCSE after sending that email above or before?

Status
Not open for further replies.