• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Newcastle (09/02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc3000

Good news on getting your GCSE's through. Been around 3 weeks since I handed mine in, just hoping it's not a case of they've interviewed all the people they need and that's it. Hopefully you'll hear something soon as well
Hope so.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Traindriver99

Sorry to hear that, hopefully there will be more opportunities the next year. I'm still yet to hear.
Me too. I don't know if it is a good sign or not. Perhaps those who are waiting so long are those who are be planning to start next course in september, if they pass the last few steps..

LtK95

I uploaded my videos on 10th March and have just got a rejection email. Gutted! Good luck to anyone that progresses further.

Hi All
I have been informed that LNER are planning courses in June'22, Sept '22, Nov '22 and Jan '23
I don't know if this will be from the existing application 'pile' or further adverts.

I am on to psychometrics... o_O

GogoTime

Hi All
I have been informed that LNER are planning courses in June'22, Sept '22, Nov '22 and Jan '23
I don't know if this will be from the existing application 'pile' or further adverts.

Did the recruitment team at the dmi tell you this? Congratulations btw.

Ja88l

Hi All

That’s good to know, it’s been over 5 weeks since I handed in my GCSE results and was starting to think I would get a ‘thanks but no thanks’. Gives a little hope I guess that there are a couple of courses planned in.

That’s good to know, it’s been over 5 weeks since I handed in my GCSE results and was starting to think I would get a ‘thanks but no thanks’. Gives a little hope I guess that there are a couple of courses planned in.
Also, congratulations on getting to psychometric stage!

Defty27

Yeah I have reached psychometrics but am awaiting a date for testing. Maybe the waiting is all part of the application phase, my concentration skills are through the roof after a month staring intently at my email inbox waiting for the recruitment teams emails

TreacleMiller

They've gone radio silent on Leeds too. Emailed them my results and heard nothing in 2 months. A friend was offered an interview slot they couldn't do. They tried to rearrange and have been ignored since.

A "still under consideration" email to those not progressing right now wouldn't be hard to do. At the moment they look utterly unorganised, even if that's not the case.

Last edited:

MawCo

I had psychometric last Wednesday and passed! There were 3 of us there on the day, and I was the only one to pass. So now just waiting to hear about a hopeful medical date, but I am aware it can be a bit of a wait, especially with a bank holiday last weekend. Hopefully, I will hear something next week.

Got my Psychometrics on 29th April.
Was offered a couple of dates ... so they are out there. I just assume they have so many applicants, they are battling through them!

mechanic2

How did you successful ones approach the video interview? Did you go with the STAR method and treat as normal interview with real life examples etc? 3miins seems really short

Ja88l

They've gone radio silent on Leeds too. Emailed them my results and heard nothing in 2 months. A friend was offered an interview slot they couldn't do. They tried to rearrange and have been ignored since.

A "still under consideration" email to those not progressing right now wouldn't be hard to do. At the moment they look utterly unorganised, even if that's not the case.
I emailed them on Thursday I think it was. Just asking if there’s any update on my application and nothing since. I get there’s thousands of applicants, but even an email to say ‘we’re still working through’ would be nice. Or, just to get an email and tell us we’re no longer progressing if they’ve filled the quota to put us out our misery

MawCo

How did you successful ones approach the video interview? Did you go with the STAR method and treat as normal interview with real life examples etc? 3miins seems really short
It depended on the question really as the STAR format fitted some of the questions a lot better than the rest. Just make sure to have some ideas in your head about the examples you can use. I had some paper in front of me and just scribbled a couple of notes/examples down during the planning time.

NCL-DPB

Do the more experienced folks know if it's likely LNER will repost again in Newcastle? I ummed and ahhed about applying and missed my chance. Gutted. Lesson learned.

MawCo

Do the more experienced folks know if it's likely LNER will repost again in Newcastle? I ummed and ahhed about applying and missed my chance. Gutted. Lesson learned.
From what I've seen, they tend to advertise every Feb so I'd imagine it'll be the same again next year

MawCo

Thanks MawCo, looks like I've got plenty of time to do some practice tests!
If you want to practice the psychometric tests, I'd recommend the how2become.com software - it was harder than some tests, so it was good practice.

Good luck with your future application!

Snitch123

Hello everyone, apologies if this has been mentioned previously.

I applied for this role back in February and after a recorded video interview I was asked to supply Maths and English GCSE results as well as my notice period early March time. From supplying GCSE results I have not heard anything further regarding my application.

I understand railway applications can take a long time however I see members in this forum have progressed with their application. Is it likely I’m still in the run in for the role? Or is it more likely I’m in a standby position depending on other peoples application progression? I suspect I will find out eventually anyway.

Just wondering if anyone had an insight on the process.

Cheers.

MawCo

Hello everyone, apologies if this has been mentioned previously.

I applied for this role back in February and after a recorded video interview I was asked to supply Maths and English GCSE results as well as my notice period early March time. From supplying GCSE results I have not heard anything further regarding my application.

I understand railway applications can take a long time however I see members in this forum have progressed with their application. Is it likely I’m still in the run in for the role? Or is it more likely I’m in a standby position depending on other peoples application progression? I suspect I will find out eventually anyway.

Just wondering if anyone had an insight on the process.

Cheers.
Hi,

I think it's a case they are still working thru the applications and you should hear at some point. I know some TOC's take 6 months+ to get back to applicants, it's just the pace of the railway unfortunately.

Snitch123

Hi,

I think it's a case they are still working thru the applications and you should hear at some point. I know some TOC's take 6 months+ to get back to applicants, it's just the pace of the railway unfortunately.
Thanks for the information, I appreciate the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.